1.    #1  
    Tried searching for the info in book and archives, but couldn't find it. I am going out on an extended trip and would like to back up address book, etc. to a card. How the heck do you do that? Sorry, another clueless newbie...
    Do a search on Palmgear for backupman. There are other options, but that's the program I use.
    I use BackupBuddyVFS. It works great and is set to back my T600 automatically every morning at 5am.

works great.
    -Gadgetpro
    Originally posted by gadgetpro
    I use BackupBuddyVFS. It works great and is set to back my T600 automatically every morning at 5am.

works great.
    -Gadgetpro
    http://bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_download.html

Please note: OS 5 Devices including Palm Tungsten are not supported at this time. We hope to release a new OS 5 version very soon. The Handera 330 is also not fully supported.
    Have you had any problems with it? Have you tried to do a restore from the card?
    I use backupman after doing a LOT of research.

GREAT support... and it is SIMPLE.

I looked at BackupBuddy but there were so manys ettings and junk.

Mike
    Check this out as well:

http://www.botzam.com/bzbackup_compare.htm

Works great for me.
    Has anyone done a restore with these various apps? I did backups with "card Backup" and everything looked great. When I tried a restore it gave me multiple errors.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    I looked at your blog, do you have the same Treo 600 that I do? The pictures are fantastic....in comparison to what I have been getting with mine! Do you have a secret for great pictures with this thing? Or are you taking pictures with a camera and putting them on a card and then sending them as attachments to your blog?
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by Stockexchanger
    I looked at your blog, do you have the same Treo 600 that I do? The pictures are fantastic....in comparison to what I have been getting with mine! Do you have a secret for great pictures with this thing? Or are you taking pictures with a camera and putting them on a card and then sending them as attachments to your blog?
    Thanks!
    All pictures are taken with the 600!

You really have to be careful how you shoot with this thing. It doesn't like high contrast scenes. And give the camera a few seconds to adjust.

You can see more 600 pics here and here
    I've a restore using Backup man and it worked perfectly. It also allows you to restore all or just selected files.

I have a copy of the program on the Treo itself (to enable scheduled backups) and on the card to ease restoration.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the advice. I took back the 512 card and purchased 2 256 San Disks. I also purchased Backup Man, but it sucks that you have to wait for the developer to send you the code to activate it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is "backing up" as refered to in this thread different than performing hotsyncs and having your PC sync to the Treo?

For example...in the past, if I've had to do a hard reset and wipe out all of my data on my old Handspring, I would simply do a hotsynch and it would restore my Handspring Prism to where it was when I last hotsynched (such as putting the applications back in, contacts, calender, etc.)

Mike.