1.    #1  
    Ok,

I installed the new Buisness Connection update yesterday (Still not working for me, just keep getting cannot connect to desktop), but now how do I check my email username@sprintpcs.com? Do I have to add that account to the mail program? It used to just send to my phone when I got an email.

Nathan
    Originally posted by nkennedy
    Ok,

I installed the new Buisness Connection update yesterday (Still not working for me, just keep getting cannot connect to desktop), but now how do I check my email username@sprintpcs.com? Do I have to add that account to the mail program? It used to just send to my phone when I got an email.

Nathan
    You can add it from your Sprint PCS business conenction websire by going to SETTINGS.. OR now you can do it on the device.. go to ACCOUNTS and MANAGE and add your PCS Email account.

Mike
    If anyone has the patience, could you quickly describe what B/C is, and if it costs extra. I see that icon and don't know what its for.

I have been playing with the T600 all weekend...I LOVE this thing.
    undergroundowl, there are a lot of threads available on this you could search for, but for a quick answer I'll paste what someone else posted earlier. Basically, BizConn allows a Treo 600 or 300 user to access their work email (MSFT Exchange, Lotus Domino) *and/or* their POP email accounts by synching all that email down to their device. Then whenever they delete, send etc. from the device, those changes get synched back to the original email account. You can also access documents from your desktop, or email attachments. On the Blazer browser or PC browser, you can access all of this plus your work calendar, personal address book, corporate directory...I think that's the gist of it. Below are someone's comments on what's new in yesterday's BC release:

[snip]

Ok, after a day of using the new Biz Conn release, here's what I think the useful new features are (please add any if I've missed them):

-- Support for the Treo 600! (including good use of the 5-way nav button). Also synching on the Treo 600 is *much* faster than it was on the Treo 300, I guess b/c of Palm OS 5 and also the better processor etc. in the Treo 600...
    -- Ability to sync 2 POP or IMAP accounts on the Treo (and if you're only synching POP and not work-email, then desktop software does not need to be running). This is real sync, too -- deletes I make to my POP mail get synched back to my original POP account.
    -- Ability to view some email attachments on the Treo as text, such as Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoint, .txt files (anything else?)
    -- Background sync -- Push syncs and scheduled syncs happen without turning on the screen, and while they're happening you can still use other Palm apps
    -- Ability to install the Treo software over-the-air, and to get new upgrades over-the-air as well (no need to go back to a cradle to get the upgrade)
    -- Holding down the email button on the Treo 600 for about 1 second automatically begins a sync

Any others I've missed??

So far this thing has been working great for me -- I love having access to both my work and POP email, on this awesome device!!
    Thanks alot, I got it...

But is B/C free to download?
    undergroundowl wrote:
    But is B/C free to download?
    I think it depends on your plan. Nominally it's $5 per month, but in reality it's free for the first couple of months I think; or free entirely if you have the $15 Vision Professional package; or free I think if you have a premium plan (like $85/month and up). So probably best to double-check whether it's free for you under any of these scenarios, otherwise at least you should ast get a couple of free months trial I think....
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the tip, but when I try to get mail after adding the PCS mail it just keeps making me reenter my logon and never completes. I think I am going to have to call them!

Nathan
    Why do you need Bizconnect? Is it because businesses often don't provide POP access to their mail, or what?
    itsyvonne wrote:
    Why do you need Bizconnect? Is it because businesses often don't provide POP access to their mail, or what?
    Yes, most medium-sized and large-sized companies (and virtually all security-concious companies) don't provide POP access to their email systems. Many don't allow IMAP access either. So for most standard corporate email systems (MSFT Exchange, Lotus Domino, etc.) you need a secure way to access it.

The new version of BizConn also offers POP access -- its just that most people who use BizConn originally thought of it as primarily for work email...
    Also, its really close to "push" with the instant alerts of new email etc. I just started using it and its a great app to have. especially for instant pop/imap notifictions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    does it require you to have a client running on your home PC all the time? If so, that would suck because I only have a laptop which is not always on.

-n
    wolfbeast wrote:
    does it require you to have a client running on your home PC all the time?
    Depends -- are you trying to access just POP mail? If so, then "no", you don't need to leave a PC connected for that.

If you are trying to access work email, then yes, you need to leave your PC connected to the network in order for Biz Conn Personal Edition to retrieve your work email.
    thanks for the tip, but when I try to get mail after adding the PCS mail it just keeps making me reenter my logon and never completes. I think I am going to have to call them!

Nathan

I have the same problem! I spent over an hour today trying to get it to work with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm confident I had all my outlook and windows configs in place...even had my corporate IS team verify. What's going on>?
    pcruz -- you're using the BizConn software for the Treo, right? not the Blazer browser?....
    Originally posted by lakeside
    pcruz -- you're using the BizConn software for the Treo, right? not the Blazer browser?....
    Yes I just downloaded the bizconn desktop software personal edition for the treo 600 from the link on the handspring cdrom. I'm using XP.

I downloaded the treo prc directly from my handset using the "Get BC" link that came preinstalled on the phone. And the prc piece seems to be working fine. But the desktop software just can't connect for whatever reason. I've double-checked all my settings and I believe they are in order. The weird thing is the bizconnect software doesn't even get hung up after I try to connect (although it does get very clunky and slow)...but then it just disappears!
    My biz conn works fine for corporate email access from my work desktop. But then I tried to add a new account for my PCS Mail (username@sprintpcs.com) and it wouldn't work. On Biz Conn client, you go to Menu - Accounts - Manage and then try to add a new account of type PCS Mail. I did all that and supplied my correct user name for the PCS Mail and correct password. It adds the account from Treo 600 client and you can go to bc.sprintpcs.com and verify that it is added correctly as additional account. But when you try to synch it from T600 client or from browser on PC
    at bc.sprintpcs.com, it just gives invalid login error. I am sure that my PCS mail user name and password are correct but biz connection won't login.
    (PCS mail user name shows on your manage account page when you go to www.sprintpcs.com and sign in using your phone number and password. Then you go to email section and can setup your email address and password. Email address is of form username@sprintpcs.com)
    Originally posted by AshCraft
    My biz conn works fine for corporate email access from my work desktop. But then I tried to add a new account for my PCS Mail (username@sprintpcs.com) and it wouldn't work. On Biz Conn client, you go to Menu - Accounts - Manage and then try to add a new account of type PCS Mail. I did all that and supplied my correct user name for the PCS Mail and correct password. It adds the account from Treo 600 client and you can go to bc.sprintpcs.com and verify that it is added correctly as additional account. But when you try to synch it from T600 client or from browser on PC
    at bc.sprintpcs.com, it just gives invalid login error. I am sure that my PCS mail user name and password are correct but biz connection won't login.
    (PCS mail user name shows on your manage account page when you go to www.sprintpcs.com and sign in using your phone number and password. Then you go to email section and can setup your email address and password. Email address is of form username@sprintpcs.com)
    FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !!

Turns out that Sprint's PCS Mail password is different from account password or vision password or biz connection password. I called tech support and found out that you can not change the PCS Mail password yourself from any place. Only option is to call tech support and have them reset the PCS mail password to whatever you want. Once they change your PCS mail password, you can access your PCS mail from any POP client. Mine now works with T600 biz connection client as well as Outlook Express.

Finally !