1.    #1  
    Can someone who knows just summarize what the latest rumored/known/guessed dates for availability are? There's a bunch of sharks here trying to figure out which fish (carrier) to bite on and a lot of it depends on dates. There hasn't been such an update in at least the past 200 messages by my review.

ATT?

Cingular?

T-Mobile?

Thanks much!
    From what I have read on this forum, but I havent read it all.

ATT: No clue.
    Cingular: Early Next Year.
    T-mo: Nove 23/24 or early next year.
    Handspring Unlocked: End of month, but I 'm not sure what month.

all speculation.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Damn. I posted this less than an hour and a half ago. Just checked back to see if there was a response and found 267 views.... This board is HOT! That's about 3-4 views of just this message each MINUTE.
    Originally posted by joelbra
    Damn. I posted this less than an hour and a half ago. Just checked back to see if there was a response and found 267 views.... This board is HOT! That's about 3-4 views of just this message each MINUTE.
    That's because most of us viewing this thread are obsessive-compulsive, Sprint-envying, GSM-waiting, Treo 600 dreamers.
    ...and the gentleman said that it would be a "few weeks" before the GSM version was available and that you could order it directly from Handspring (i.e. you don't have to go through your wireless provider to buy it). So, we all wait with baited breath...
    i got news for you...they've been saying "a couple of weeks" for about a month now, and they'll prob be saying it through the end of next month as well...
    i got news for you...they've been saying "a couple of weeks" for about a month now, and they'll prob be saying it through the end of next month as well...
    HS better hurry up on that GSM version - just go to www.pdaphonehome.com there are at least five would be T600 competitors waiting in the wings.
    The LG phone on that page is just announced and it would be a T600 killer if that was a sliding QWERTY keyboard instead of a T9.

hurry up HS...
  9.    #9  
    Just to update the thread for anyone who is tracking this one and not the various others on this subject, there are a number of web sites now saying they will get the GSM version in 11/3, though no word which network -- ATT, Cingular AND T-Mobile they will be locked to.

You'd think the carriers would want to spread the good news and prevent defections to Sprint of all of us who can't wait "weeks".
    It is important to remember that, while the TREO 600 may be important to you and to Handspring, it is - literally - just another expensive phone that each carrier will be selling along with all the others they are selling.

There may be mundane reasons they're not trying to pump it at all nor care about how many (poor word) customers for it will go to Sprint first.
    Blane only went 45 days without eating......we are all suffering much much more waiting for the GSM Treo 600....

...oh the agony!
    Sure their customer service sucks but besides that, they really can't be beat. I was a charter ATT GSM cutomer for a year. I can tell you that you will spend a lot more for data. ATT GSM works almost nowhere except big cities. Sprint wi”
    I spoke to a salesperson at the Newport Beach Cingular"Company Store":

He said he gets about 15 inqueries a day about when it will be available. He confessed that "Cingular wants to phase out Treos altogether" and "is considering RIM devices instead". He said that Cingular personnel were told for many weeks now to avoid any direct answers to such questions. Now, they were all updated that "Cingular will make its final choice in November (2003?).

So, I placed my SprintPCS Owner Upgrade order 30 minutes later.
    I am not totally surprised. My wife and I own treo 270's and they don't hold up.

We both have had to replace our phones once because of the stupid defect, and now we need to replace the phones again but we are waiting for the 600.

I am sure that the phone companies are sick of dealling with all the tech support/RMA issues on these things.

-Farzon
    I notice that on Handspring.com, when I go through the "buy" process and say I already have a plan for T-Mobile, now the only option it gives me is to wait for T-Mobile:

Within the next few weeks we expect to ship a version of Treo 600 that is compatible with plans from T-Mobile. To get notified when our T-Mobile-compatible version becomes available, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
    It used to also suggest I sign up for a new plan with Sprint to get a Treo 600 now. I wonder if T-Mobile asked them to knock it off with trying to lure customers to Sprint. Of course, I also wonder if Handspring would or could even comply with such a request (depending on their agreements with Sprint), so it could be something else entirely. Could be completely meaningless (probably is, at least with regard to availability date).
    Anyone have any new info on Canadian availabilty?