1.    #1  
    Just received my Treo600 but cannot find anything relating to MP3 on it? any clues anyone is it available for download anywhere. Generally pleased with phone so far although it is heavier than Treo270 I have. The SMS threading is really cool
    Do a SEARCH! There's already a bunch of threads on MP3s.
    If you're referring about a MP3 player, there is only one that is compatible with the Treo600 and its called Pocket Tunes. When you regitster with Handspring, they should provide you with a registration number and link to download the player for free...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Heh..it's called following the install/ registration steps.

And I thought *I* was lazy. heheh
  5.    #5  
    thanks for your replies, Ive now downloaded pocket tunes. Interestingly no mention of it in my documentation. Although I never put their CD in, just hot synced it to my organiser that was set up for Treo270 - worked fine.

The sound quality is very good from internal speaker, earpiece not working yet - guess will have to look into manual......
    The phone has a 2.5mm "universal style" headset connector. If you want to listen to mp3s, you probably want the stereo adapter. Handspring sells it for $5.99, I think. Radio Shack may also have a part you can use. The adapter lets you use regulard 3.5mm plugs and provides stereo sound.

Mine works great with my headphones, although it sends a mono signal through my Sony cassette adapter in the car, for some reason (only the right speakers play). Not sure if a different cassette adapter would fix that or not.
    I am having trouble getting the link for Pocket Tunes. I have tried 3-4 times using the link on the cd and HS website, but I never get the email link.

Do I have to keep trying? Any suggestions?

I tried to call HS, but the keep emailing me the same link and instructions from the link/url.

Dave Lindberg
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    If you're referring about a MP3 player, there is only one that is compatible with the Treo600 and its called Pocket Tunes. When you regitster with Handspring, they should provide you with a registration number and link to download the player for free...
    What about Aeroplayer? I could have sworn I'd heard somebody say they use it on the boards here somewhere....
    Originally posted by NMprofessional
    I am having trouble getting the link for Pocket Tunes. I have tried 3-4 times using the link on the cd and HS website, but I never get the email link.

Do I have to keep trying? Any suggestions?

I tried to call HS, but the keep emailing me the same link and instructions from the link/url.

Dave Lindberg

See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t38973/s.html
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    theres more than just pocket tunes....theres MM Player and AeroPlayer as well.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Hey everybody,

Well I officially gave up on Pocket Tunes!!! Can't get the "free" copy for registering.

I tried on the 10/13, 10/18, 10/19, 10/20, 10/21 and still no link/URL!?

I get to: www.handspring.com/cdregister okay.
    I enter my info fine.
    I get to the "select a product" screen fine.
    I press "Submit" under Pocket Tunes.
    The site says that I should receive an email in 48 hours?

I called HS and was emailed the above instructions to do again?

Well 8 days later and no link/URL. I guess it was not meant to be... no Pocket Tunes for me. I guess I will take SprintTreo600's advice and look into: MM Player and/or AeroPlayer.

Goodbye Pocket Tunes.
    Dave Lindberg
    You should use the CD that comes with the Treo 600. It is a different updated version of Palm Software and Hot Sync manager designed to work with the Treo 600 optimally.

It also has built in feature that quarantines software that is not compatible with the new OS 5.2.

Just my 2 cents.
    I am new to MP3s.
    Now that I have P-tunes, how do I download MP3s? And must I have an SD card to even test one?
    Originally posted by NMprofessional
    Hey everybody,

Well I officially gave up on Pocket Tunes!!! Can't get the "free" copy for registering.

I tried on the 10/13, 10/18, 10/19, 10/20, 10/21 and still no link/URL!?

I get to: www.handspring.com/cdregister okay.
    I enter my info fine.
    I get to the "select a product" screen fine.
    I press "Submit" under Pocket Tunes.
    The site says that I should receive an email in 48 hours?

I called HS and was emailed the above instructions to do again?

Well 8 days later and no link/URL. I guess it was not meant to be... no Pocket Tunes for me. I guess I will take SprintTreo600's advice and look into: MM Player and/or AeroPlayer.

Goodbye Pocket Tunes.
    Dave Lindberg
    I bet your spam filter on your e-mail account is not letting it through.
    You need a memory card to use P-tunes. I used the windows utility m3ucopier (search this forum for a link to it) to copy a .m3u playlist to my SD card. M3ucopier is a very nice tool to transfer playlists to your card provided you have a reader/writer. The MP3 player on the 600 is not bad at all through my PX200 headphones (sennheiser)... the more I use the 600 the more I am impressed.
    I got my T600 up and running today and was still waiting on the link from Handspring for my free Pocket Tunes. After reading the posts above I went to my spam folder and sure enough.....there sat my link. Thanks for bringing that to my attention
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up