Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone find any that fit???
    Boxwave says T600 screen protectors will ship on 10/25. I've ordered.

www.boxwave.com
    Originally posted by abdm436
    Anyone find any that fit???
    Check Ebay, they had some for sale for approx $3.00

Brian
    Originally posted by tarkwolf

Check Ebay, they had some for sale for approx $3.00

Brian
    Yep, bought a pack for $5 after shipping.
    Likewise. $5.44 with shipping for a pack of 10.
    The ones from eBay... are they quality?

I am new to the who screen protector thing, and just finished reading brighthand's article asking the question 'Are All Screen Protectors Created Equal?'

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Protect_Your_Screen

looks to me that they aren't... it is just my guess, but I would think a $0.54 or $3.00 screen protector may not be quality... but like I said... I am new to the whole screen protecting thing, and I am sure there are some companies that would love to take advantage of people that aren't educated about the subject

what brand is it?

- Leo
    Yeah, WriteRights for the Sony Clie NR70 and some scissors. Looks great!

Oh, and as far as the brighthand review, I don't trust any of it because they say the WrightRights are horrible yet for some reason they are the best ones I've seen. Apparently they don't know that not all WrightRights are the same.
    Last edited by slffl; 10/20/2003 at 03:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Guitar Dad
    Likewise. $5.44 with shipping for a pack of 10.
    Yeah... $600 for a device... or even if u paid less, it's still worth $600.... and u're going to use the cheapest screen protectors made? That's like buying a vintage automobile and leaving it outside covered with a tarp.

Cheap protectors tend to move slightly... small enough that you don't notice but enough to scratch the screen underneath. And there's a reason they include TEN in a pack. They are so flimsy they have to be replaced once a month or sooner.

A good $9-$10 screen protector will last 6 months to a year with heavy use.

What's next for your expensive toy? A 99 cent car charger?
    Flaming over screen protectors....the modern day sign of a nerd.
    there's no flame anywhere...

but i still like your reply LOL
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I've been using a BoxWave ClearTouch on my 180g for about a month now. Unfortunately, this one only covers 2/3 of the screen, they didn't mention that on the site. I do like it however! My screen had scratches on the text side of the graffiti area and two small ones at the upper right of the screen...from playing Solitaire too much. This protector sticks into place, and because of the stickyness, it covers up the scratches, i mean, you can't even see them now. I like the feel of this protector even better than the original screen. It also has a slight matt finish to it reducing glare. I've had no problems whatsoever with missed taps or anything like that, it's as if the screen doesn't even know it's there. They are supposed to be putting out one for the 600 "in the next few weeks". This protector is removeable and washable on both sides, in case you need to do so.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    anyone try the pocketpctechs writeshield screen protectors? I like brighthand's review of them, but am hesitant to invest $30 until I get a little feedback.
    ido:
    I'm new to the whole screen protector thing... I was just curious, what made you like brighthand's review of the PPCTechs, compared to the others?

Also, for those that know something about these screen protectors in general: I don't really understand why they use the terms 'washable' and 'reusable.' How do these work? Do they get dirty and dusty, so you wash them and reuse them? Or should you apply a new one? Also, does the dust gather on there like it does now, or are these more dust-repellant?

I feel like a tool asking about screen protector details

Also, I read the term adhesive and a lot... do these actually stick (like a sticker) to the screen, or apply like a decal? Would any leave a sticky residue? I read that the WriteSHIELD (Pocket PC Techs) uses silicone substance rather than standard adhesive... is that good?

Yes, I know nothing about screen protectors (did I mention that? )

Anyway, if you screen gurus can answer any of my questions, I appreciate it.

- Leo
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Originally posted by slffl
    Yeah, WriteRights for the Sony Clie NR70 and some scissors. Looks great!

Oh, and as far as the brighthand review, I don't trust any of it because they say the WrightRights are horrible yet for some reason they are the best ones I've seen. Apparently they don't know that not all WrightRights are the same.
    Words cannot describe how much I HATE WriteRights. Well, maybe they can, but not words I can use on this board. I mean, I really DETEST them.

I've had a Psion 5mx, a Palm Vx, a Sony Clie NX70V, and a Sony Clie TG50 and I've used a lot of screen protectors. The worst by far are the WriteRights, because it's so hard to get them installed without bubbles and then they don't last. The best are the Sony OEM ones, but I'll be looking at those BoxWave protectors soon.
    and the best ones are Purple Moo, hands down. Best performance/value.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if any other companies are coming out with T600-fitted screen protectors?

The Boxwave protector seems nice, and I may order it, but was just wondering if Belkin or any other company will be making them. Does the Boxwave version contain only 1 per package? Seems that way. I assume that is because it is meant to last for a significant amount of time.
    Writeshields from PPCtechs are AWESOME. Do a search at different PDA and PPC forums and you'll find nothing but the highest praise for them.

I've had a writeshield on my Dell Axim X5 for around 8 months now and it's fantastic. I've got some on order for my 600's.

I believe I ordered mine for the Dell from pdageeks.com in a single pack but they apparantly are no longer in business. I don't know when I'll have to replace it... after 8 months it looks like the day I put it on.

You get some nice screen cleaner and soft cloth with them which is really nice.

I wish they sold them in single packs directly at ppctechs because even with heavy use I believe they will last most people close to a year.

If $30 is too much for you, find a couple people on here and go in and split them.

There definately is a big difference in screen protectors and someone who has used nothing but the cheap flimsy protectors doesn't understand how much of a difference in writing and clarity of the screen it can be.
    I ordered these based on the feedback, but wish I did not. I normally get protectors from brando. The brando version is much more durable, thicker, and actually clear compared to the purple moo version I got. Very disappointed.

Here is brando's site if anyone is interested.

http://shop.brando.com.hk
    I second the kudos on the PurpleMoo protectors. They take a while to arrive from Asia, but they're cheap and work great.
    I just received the G2 from www.pdascreenprotectors.com and I love them. There's no adhesive. They just wedge between the screen and the frame of the phone. They are perfectly clear and I cannot even tell it is on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast