1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to set it up so that I am notified when an email is sent to me. With my AT&T phone it just beeps when an email is sent.

Don't wanna have to have to manually check my mail just to see if I have new mail or not.
    The answer to your question is dependent upon with mail application you use on the Treo. For instance, with Sprint's Business Connection client on the Treo, there is a set of options in the preferences menu for types of alerts for new mail.

Let us know more about your environment and it is likely someond on these boards can answer your question.
    With an email client like snappermail, you can set it up to check or "poll" intermittently you inbox. Also, if your email service has the service, you can set it up to send you sms alerts when you get a new message and you can then decide when to download the email...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you don't want Snappermail to constantly check because of the battery drain, I found a solution. I found a small free app that runs on your home PC (obviously you need an always-on connection for this to work). You leave it running and when you receive an e-mail it sends a text message. I have mine set to check every couple minutes and it sends me a message with the sender, subject, and time/date. That way I know if I want to bother downloading the e-mail. I don't have the link offhand since I'm at work but I can post it later when I get home if anyone want.
    Originally posted by oggle
    Does anyone know how to set it up so that I am notified when an email is sent to me. With my AT&T phone it just beeps when an email is sent.

Don't wanna have to have to manually check my mail just to see if I have new mail or not.
    I did not understand your question but if you are looking for a way to get notification of email sent from your Sprint PCS email account or Yahoo account or Hotmail account, there are options available in your account to send you an SMS message with the alert.

For Sprint this is what you do...

Log into your SprintPCS web account, go to email, log into email, go to setting & preferences, go to notifications, and use the appropriate settings.

-chiru
    You can set it to check your mail hourly durring certain hours on certain days. It can then be set to notify you in a variety of ways.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I am VERY interested in this application of which you speak. If you could let us know the name or send us a link, that would be fabulous!

Thanks!
    Originally posted by kamalot
    I am VERY interested in this application of which you speak. If you could let us know the name or send us a link, that would be fabulous!

Thanks!
    Sorry, forgot about it. Here's the link:
    http://www.dogspots.com/emailnotify/
    It is called VersaMail. It is available from Palm. http://www.palm.com I bought the latest version (2.6) for my Tungsten T. I have been using it with my Treo 600 since I got it and it works perfectly. It will even notify using the vibrate feature.
    RC46
    Pilot 1000 - Pilot 5000 -Pilot Pro -TRG Pro -Palm V -Palm Vx -Palm M505 -Palm i705 Palm Tungsten T -Samsung i500 -Treo 600
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Sorry, forgot about it. Here's the link:
    http://www.dogspots.com/emailnotify/
    This is an EXELLENT program. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this little gem.

Perhaps I'll write the author and see if they can extend the program to check several accounts. That way, it could notify my wife and I whenever we get mail.
    I setup a rule with my isp pop3 mail that forwards the mail to my sprintpcs sms account. I get a sms message instantly when I get a new mail message. If I want to read the mail I will go to snappermail otherwise delete from messages.
    Originally posted by kamalot

This is an EXELLENT program. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this little gem.

Perhaps I'll write the author and see if they can extend the program to check several accounts. That way, it could notify my wife and I whenever we get mail.
    Yeah, it's a great little app. I keep it running 24/7. I scoured Google and site like palmgear for weeks before I found. It really does the trick.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Jayzee, what happens when the message length exceeds the 160 character limit. Sprint bounces the message back. It didn't work for me.
    John
    I find that the Sprint SMS notification service is an excellent way to get alerts about new email messages in real time.

Log into the sprintpcs.com website and go to "settings and preferences" under PCS mail. Click the notification tab. Under the last category (notification by sprintpcs phone) click all messages.

Each time a message arrives in your mailbox a text message will be sent to the phone announcing that you have new email. Then, you can check your messages manually using snappermail or the handspring email beta release. As long as you dont receive a lot of messages at that email address this approach works very well. There are a lot less missed calls and battery drain than setting up the email client to log in every 5-10 minutes.