Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    I am itching to get a Treo 600 but I abolutely must have Bluetooth to connect to my sub-notebook (has no IR or serial ports). I read that HS engineers left space in their latest creation for a bluetooth module, is there anything in that rumour?? I can live with my aging Ericsson T68 for a little longer if a Bluetooth Treo-600 is on the horizon. Cheers, Gabriel
  2. #2  
    None...Nada...zipoo...

    I would seriously doubt that we'll see an 'updated' T600 until sometime next fall or late summer 2004. Thus, if you really want BT right now, get something else...or wait nervously like everyone else for OS 5 BT SD cards to show up...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    None...Nada...zipoo...

    I would seriously doubt that we'll see an 'updated' T600 until sometime next fall or late summer 2004. Thus, if you really want BT right now, get something else...or wait nervously like everyone else for OS 5 BT SD cards to show up...
    Thanx for your response gfunkmagic. I have never owned a HS so I don't know what their product cycles are like. With Palm I pretty much knew that my Tungsten T would be obsolete by March of the next year with the roll-out of the T2 and now the T3. Do HS have longer product cycles?

    And just one more question if anyone knows. Is it possible to use the Treo 600 as a modem if it is connected to a computer via the USB cable?? If I can use my Treo 600 in this way it may make up for the lack of Bluetooth.

    Cheers, Gabriel
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Thanx for your response gfunkmagic. I have never owned a HS so I don't know what their product cycles are like. With Palm I pretty much knew that my Tungsten T would be obsolete by March of the next year with the roll-out of the T2 and now the T3. Do HS have longer product cycles?

    And just one more question if anyone knows. Is it possible to use the Treo 600 as a modem if it is connected to a computer via the USB cable?? If I can use my Treo 600 in this way it may make up for the lack of Bluetooth.

    Cheers, Gabriel
    Absolutely yes! For Windows computers there is an app called PDANet, and for Macs you can use Wireless Modem. In fact you can also use wirelssmodem via IR/serial with windows as well...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    Absolutely yes! For Windows computers there is an app called PDANet, and for Macs you can use Wireless Modem. In fact you can also use wirelssmodem via IR/serial with windows as well...
    Looking good I am now officially on the market for a Treo 600. The icing on the cake would be a UK network releasing the Treo 600 in silver

Posting Permissions