Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That much is understood. Can't repocket money that I paid a year ago.....but I can repocket money that I spent a week and a half ago. I just felt that I had a good deal.

Bottom line....I'm happy with my Treo 600.....and all that it offers!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  2.    #22  
    Actually, with the HS rebate, the t600 is quite a bargain! I just wish it was designed more like the I500
    I looked at the 300 today, spent an hour with it. The end result ...............I probably will not buy the thing.

As I said above, there just isn't enough advsntsge over the 300 and it really does lose several good 300 features.

In addition to all that I said above:

a. the screen is LOUSY! Yes it is brighter, that is good, BUT I went to Mapquest and tried to read a map ... impossible. This is enough to make the phone a loser ... why have the web if you can't read the pages?

b. This is one BIG lump. WADR to those who find it appealing to talk into a bar of soap, I prefer the tradtional design of the Star Trek communicator. Beam me up Scotty!

c. The new dingus navigator is about as intuitive as trying to write with my thumb.

d. How in all &*%^$ did they manage to introduce a new Pal, OS device WITHOUT JOT???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. It's called 'Wide Mode' for a reason

B. I usually don't flame people but it seems appropriate here. Are you a moron?????? The 600 is the EXACT same shape as the 300 execpt without a lid....WOW

C. You type with your thumbs on every phone smart***
    I'd much rather have 5-way nav than a phone where i have to use two hands to use...they call it one-hand/stylus free use for a reason genious.

D. How the *&(*)^)* are you saying all this without actually owning a treo??? you even said yourself you just tried it....wow the makings of purpleX...

EDIT

are you blind or just stupid?

"I looked at the 300 today, spent an hour with it. The end result ...............I probably will not buy the thing.

As I said above, there just isn't enough advsntsge over the 300 and it really does lose several good 300 features. "

you moron how can the 300 have more features or lose features of the 300....im not even gonna bother responding anymore....get your lies straight, get a treo, then tell me about how much you hate it.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  4.    #24  
    The wise man said to the student:

Tell me grasshopper, how many brave men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

The grasshopper answered with a question:

master, do you mean screw into a ceiling fixture or a wall fixture?

The master replied with a broad smile ....

Grasshopper, you have learned much, it takes only one brave man to screw up a light bulb!

and so it goes.......

FWIW, I suspect you are a very wise grasshopper and I but an ignorant fool to make many typos .. as in screwing up 600 by typing a 300

FWIW as well, I ended up buying the T600, not out of love, but out of price ... the best I could do on an I500 was $550 plus a Sprint $150 rebate. but, oh grasshopper, as another wise person here suggested, the gremlins at Sprint will also grant the $150 if one buys the $400 T600.

We all have our prices! Now I must hope that the Treo series does not go the way of the Visor series. At least Palm will not be able to obsolete the SD slot. Oh, BTW, ow wise one, you were correct about the wide mode. I tried it again and it does effectively enlarge the screen!

........hop ........hop ........hop
    SprintTreo600, your abrasiveness was uncalled for. While Stevesm may have been incorrect about a few details, you were wrong about many of the things you accused him of lying about. Examples:

1) The Treo 300 is, indeed, a smaller overall package than the Treo 600 in total volume.
    2) The Treo 600, thanks to its use of OS5, is no longer compatible with PQAs. Do a search here and you'll find that many people used PQAs on the older Treos and just because many of them may be willing to give them up for the other features that the Treo 600 adds, it doesn't make that feature unimportant.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12