1.    #1  
    Ok, after a day of using the new Biz Conn release, here's what I think the useful new features are (please add any if I've missed them):

-- Support for the Treo 600! (including good use of the 5-way nav button). Also synching on the Treo 600 is *much* faster than it was on the Treo 300, I guess b/c of Palm OS 5 and also the better processor etc. in the Treo 600...
    -- Ability to sync 2 POP or IMAP accounts on the Treo (and if you're only synching POP and not work-email, then desktop software does not need to be running). This is real sync, too -- deletes I make to my POP mail get synched back to my original POP account.
    -- Ability to view some email attachments on the Treo as text, such as Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoint, .txt files (anything else?)
    -- Background sync -- Push syncs and scheduled syncs happen without turning on the screen, and while they're happening you can still use other Palm apps
    -- Ability to install the Treo software over-the-air, and to get new upgrades over-the-air as well (no need to go back to a cradle to get the upgrade)
    -- Holding down the email button on the Treo 600 for about 1 second automatically begins a sync

Any others I've missed??

So far this thing has been working great for me -- I love having access to both my work and POP email, on this awesome device!!
    It seems that even though I have my alerts set to notify me with new mail, that when it does a background sync it does NOT ding as it is supposed to.. and I don't know I have new messages.

Anyone else have this problem??

Mike
    Mike,

I'm encountering the same problem and trying to figure it out.

If BC is running (on the T600's screen) it does seem to do the notify though...

Aaron
    Yes,, if the program is running it will work but otherwise no alerts....

Does this have anything to do with Alerts on and off that you set on the settings page of Business Connection website? On the past I had this set to OFF (and still do)... Don't think it really did anything. I used to get alerts if it was on or off.

Could this setting have something to do with it...?

How is yours set?

Mike
    Last edited by MikeRadio; 10/20/2003 at 06:50 AM.
    I've got it all up and working, but I can't seem to view attachments. They show up, but I can't figure out how to open them. I have installed the addon feature as well.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NYCubby
    Mike,

I'm encountering the same problem and trying to figure it out.

If BC is running (on the T600's screen) it does seem to do the notify though...
    Well, it seems to be working OK, but I am having the same problem. If the program is running, it downloads automatically. If it is not running I get an alert that I have new e-mail and then have to switch to it and do a manual sync.

Also, the setup program didn't install a hot sync conduit, so it won't sync. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Now that you mention it, mines not syncing either! Hotsync is not moving new files in either direction...so anyone know how to get the conduit back?
    If I understand correctly, you're saying that BizConn is not HotSyncing - ? That's been discussed in a few other threads -- apparently there is no longer support for HotSync. All BizConn synching is done over-the-air. But this change doesn't seem to affect HotSyncing of the regular Palm apps (calendar, contacts, etc.)
    Well then if that's the case, that's probably why I can't see my attachments. I have not done an over the air since installing the new desktop client this morning...gonna have to give that a try!

Thanks for opening my eyes.

PG
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by thekamuzu
    If I understand correctly, you're saying that BizConn is not HotSyncing - ? That's been discussed in a few other threads -- apparently there is no longer support for HotSync. All BizConn synching is done over-the-air. But this change doesn't seem to affect HotSyncing of the regular Palm apps (calendar, contacts, etc.)
    Yes, regular hot sync works. There just isn't a conduit to hot sync the inbox of BC. I wonder why they took that out. Oh, well.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by jglev

Yes, regular hot sync works. There just isn't a conduit to hot sync the inbox of BC. I wonder why they took that out. Oh, well.
    I think they took it out becuase it really is uncessary.. This new version mqakrs things read and unread in a two way fashion over the air.. the ond one had to wait for the sync to do all that....

They could have had a WHATS NEW section someplace and TOLD us they were taking the Hotsync out... it has confused a ton of folks including me.

Mike
    I agree. The upgrade email they sent a few days ago did include this link http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/promotions/bc6.html, with this information:

"Sprint is proud to announce the launch of Business Connection 6.0 for Enterprise and Personal Edition. This update is designed to take productivity to the next level by adding:

Pocket PC Email Client
    Attachment Viewing
    POP3/IMAP Email client
    Background Synchronization
    Enhanced Data Security
    Wireless Client Auto-update"

....but that's not entirely complete, and doesn't tell us things like the change in HotSync....
  13.    #13  
    Ok, after a day of using the new Biz Conn release, here's what I think the useful new features are (please add any if I've missed them):
    -- Support for the Treo 600! (including good use of the 5-way nav button). Also synching on the Treo 600 is *much* faster than it was on the Treo 300, I guess b/c of Palm OS 5 and also the better processor etc. in the Treo 600...
    -- Ability to sync 2 POP or IMAP accounts on the Treo (and if you're only synching POP and not work-email, then desktop software does not need to be running). This is real sync, too -- deletes I make to my POP mail get synched back to my original POP account.
    -- Ability to view some email attachments on the Treo as text, such as Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoint, .txt files (anything else?)
    -- Background sync -- Push syncs and scheduled syncs happen without turning on the screen, and while they're happening you can still use other Palm apps
    -- Ability to install the Treo software over-the-air, and to get new upgrades over-the-air as well (no need to go back to a cradle to get the upgrade)
    -- Holding down the email button on the Treo 600 for about 1 second automatically begins a sync

Any others I've missed??
    This one is kind of small, but cool: I just noticed that on the Web (PC browser, not Blazer), the Settings page for BizConn has a section called "Devices". If you go in there, there's a check-box called "Purge Data". I realized that it will delete the data on your device the next time you sync. So if you lose your Treo, you can delete the BizConn data remotely, to make sure no one else can see your emails. Then I suppose you delete the device itself from that same section, so that whoever has your Treo can't just re-sync to refill the Inbox....That's actually pretty cool.
    Originally posted by hortense

This one is kind of small, but cool: I just noticed that on the Web (PC browser, not Blazer), the Settings page for BizConn has a section called "Devices". If you go in there, there's a check-box called "Purge Data". I realized that it will delete the data on your device the next time you sync. So if you lose your Treo, you can delete the BizConn data remotely, to make sure no one else can see your emails. Then I suppose you delete the device itself from that same section, so that whoever has your Treo can't just re-sync to refill the Inbox....That's actually pretty cool.
    I know this is off topic, but when I had my Sanyo phone from sprint, there was a way to send a speciam SMS code to the phone in case it was lost or stolen that would lockj the phone so nobody could get into any info in it.. phone book etc...

Is there anything like this for the 600?

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

I know this is off topic, but when I had my Sanyo phone from sprint, there was a way to send a speciam SMS code to the phone in case it was lost or stolen that would lockj the phone so nobody could get into any info in it.. phone book etc...

Mike
    Great point and question Mike...I hope someone has an answer to that one or can write something up for the T600. Always worried about that and I don't want to use the new password feature as that would be a headache everytime i want to use the device.
    I accidentally deleted BisConn bookmark in Favorite pages.
    Can you help me to get it back?
    Does it just a web link?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ub4me; 10/23/2003 at 08:44 PM.
  17.    #17  
    ub4me: I think you can just go to bc.sprintpcs.com on your Blazer browser (same as on a PC browser....)
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

Mike
    Who wrote that hack for your Sanyo. Maybe we can email them and get them to write the program for the T600 (if they are not already doing it). Post the info if you can find it.
    Originally posted by aacnyc

Who wrote that hack for your Sanyo. Maybe we can email them and get them to write the program for the T600 (if they are not already doing it). Post the info if you can find it.
    not a hack.........every Sanyo has this feature.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!