1.    #1  
    I know there are a lot of threads about headphones... However, I am wondering if anyone has a PROVEN solution.. one that they are using NOW that WORKS... That does and has this:

1) The 2.5-2 band jack that fits into the Treo without an adaptor, (OR a standard mini plug that will fit in the Treo stereo adapter).

2) Stereo

3) An inline mic

4) An inline switch to hang up and take call waiting, etc.

5) One that will play music and then let your hear when a phone ring and let you take the call if you wish.

6) Corded is fine.

If ANYONE knows of ANy ear buds or headphones that will acomplish ALL of this that they are using for the Treo 600, OR know of something in development, please let me know.

We have a great device. We really need ONE pair of headphones that will do it all for us. I see so many posts about "trying this" or "this looks good"... does anyone have NOW a working LAST WORD IN HEADPHONES solution?

Thanks all!

Mike
    Word.

And to HS ... make some yourself, and make them visually distinctive like the iPod headphones.
    Palm III > Treo 300 > Treo 600.B
    IN A WAY I DO, if skull cnady cannotmake it happen with only one jack, i may buy one cut off both jacks and rewire it. there are alreayd posting over which portion of the jack goes to wwhich wire, so how hard could it be to resolder 4 wires at the and of the unit, unless a jack is notavailable from radio shack or a like firm that allows for us to solder on to, take care, jay
    ps i will be calling the head techie agin tomorrow, i have his cell # and we spoke last week, wl see what he says. I am going to ask hiom if his doesn't work for with one jack how much $ he want to custom resolder the end, take care, jay
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I know there are a lot of threads about headphones... However, I am wondering if anyone has a PROVEN solution.. one that they are using NOW that WORKS... That does and has this:

1) The 2.5-2 band jack that fits into the Treo without an adaptor, (OR a standard mini plug that will fit in the Treo stereo adapter).

2) Stereo

3) An inline mic

4) An inline switch to hang up and take call waiting, etc.

5) One that will play music and then let your hear when a phone ring and let you take the call if you wish.

6) Corded is fine.

If ANYONE knows of ANy ear buds or headphones that will acomplish ALL of this that they are using for the Treo 600, OR know of something in development, please let me know.

We have a great device. We really need ONE pair of headphones that will do it all for us. I see so many posts about "trying this" or "this looks good"... does anyone have NOW a working LAST WORD IN HEADPHONES solution?

Thanks all!

Mike
    none exist at the moment.

the jack is also 3 conductor, which only allows 2 channels. I repeat (from another thread), it is impossible to have mic and stereo sound at the same time.
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    IN A WAY I DO, if skullcandy cannotmake it happen with only one jack, i may buy one cut off both jacks and rewire it. there are alreayd posting over which portion of the jack goes to which wire, so how hard could it be to resolder 4 wires at the and of the unit, unless a jack is notavailable from radio shack or a like firm that allows for us to solder on to, take care, jay
    ps i will be calling the head techie again tomorrow, i have his cell # and we spoke last week, wl see what he says. I am going to ask hiom if his doesn't work for with one jack how much $ he want to custom resolder the end, take care, jay
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by conflagrare

none exist at the moment.

the jack is also 3 conductor, which only allows 2 channels. I repeat (from another thread), it is impossible to have mic and stereo sound at the same time.
    I understand that from reading other posts, however I do remember seeing something about a headphone solution that will automatically switch from Stereo to Mic as needed....

That woulkd solve the problem... don't expect both at the same time.
    If you don't mind canibalising an old set of headphones and doing some soldering.

I posted a picture on Friday of my handbuilt headset.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...38561/s/h.html
    It works as follows;

Right earpiece - always on

switch to switch between
    Left earpiece (for stereo on MP3s)
    Mic and answer switch.

I think this does everything you want - except you have to switch to microphone mode before the answer button (on the headset) will answe the call. It would be possible to work round this I think - but it's beyond my (very rudimentary) skill.

It works for me.

An interesting observation is that you can use headphone mode (stereo) and the phone's mic pretty succesfully!
    I think there's a guy at the Kyocera 7135 thread over at www.smartphonesource.com that was making (modifying, really) headphones and doing a nice job. It should do what you've described.
    I'm in contact with PC-Mobile in Hong Kong about a combined headphone/headset similar to the one they already have for theSamsung i700. I've received an email last Friday that they've sent me a prototype of it.

I had already received a headphone adapter from them last week which works great.
    what the fcuk (note, not swearing) is going on? why should we have to bodge a set of homemade headphones when HS should have had this sorted long ago....unbelieveable!!!
  11.    #11  
    RIGHT NOW you can use the Handspring stereo adapter and plug in stereo headphones... listen to music.. AND when a call comes in, it stops the music or whatever and rings the phone through your ear, why can't ALL THAT HAPPEN but the headphones have the ANSWER button and a MIC inline.

That is ALL that needs to be added to make the functionality work with one pair of headphones.

This really doesn't seem tough.

Does any haeadset do this! or will it?

I don't want to modify or Jimmy up headphones.. I just want to buy the things and go.

Mike
    Picked up a 2.5 stereo right angle connector and iron at Shack this weekend. I'm gonna re-plug my headphones ( they're coming apart at the end anyway). I simply could not stand that long adapter. I'd rather carry two headsets for that matter, and I can answer a call with the stereo's in. People hear me just fine.

This will work, til someone comes out with a product. You would think these headset people would know exactly what to do, and be able to bust some out pretty quick? I'd pay a little extra, they know it, and could make some decent cash quick, eh?
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    I'm just keeping my hopes up for Skullcandy's version...