1.    #1  
    What is the best e-mail app. if all I want to do is be able to send e-mail from my 600?
    snapper (1) Eudora(2)
    What is the best email client that:

1) Handles multiple accounts
    2) Includes IMAP (not just POP3)
    3) Does not include an agent on a PC or Server

and for bonus points

4) Can be scheduled, rather than "pull" only
    Palm III > Treo 300 > Treo 600.B
    tmc19108: why do you say Eudora? It's been a while since I used it, but my impression is that they haven't been doing anything to maintain/upgrade it - ? And have you used the new Biz Conn release? It seems great to me so far -- I have a hard time believing Eudora is better (unless 'free' is the sole consideration, maybe?) Thanks

hugopoole: if you're just interested in POP mail, then Biz Conn does all of what you're asking about (including scheduled-sync). If you're only doing POP mail on Biz Conn, then you *don't* have to keep your PC connected to the network (that PC agent is only required if you're using Biz Conn Personal Edition to access Exchange or Domino email....)
    hortense:

actually, I'm looking to manage multiple POP accounts AND my work email (exchange) through IMAP.

I was using the old Biz Conn, but while I loved the software the agent was annoying.

Our Exchange server offers an open IMAP connection, so a Palm-based client that can do IMAP directly can get me into work mail.

I recently started using Iambic Mail on the 300, and it's mostly there but not perfect -- I was wondering if there was something better.
    well, it sounds like BizConn comes close....you can basically access 1 work account (Exchange or Domino) + 2 POP *or* IMAP accounts. So in your case I think you could access your IMAP account + 1 of your POP accounts, without using the desktop agent. I guess that leaves you 1 POP account short of what you wanted, but maybe it's worth a try?
    Originally posted by hortense
    tmc19108: why do you say Eudora? It's been a while since I used it, but my impression is that they haven't been doing anything to maintain/upgrade it - ? And have you used the new Biz Conn release? It seems great to me so far -- I have a hard time believing Eudora is better (unless 'free' is the sole consideration, maybe?) Thanks

Free is the operative word here. I prefer Snapper myself.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but my favorite is still BaseJet (http://www.basejet.com). Supports either with or without an agent loaded and nultiple accounts. Also has inline attachment processing.

Of course, I believe it works best witht the Launcher loaded (agent), but you should give it a try.
    Has anyone tried Palm Versamail 2.5 (or any of the older versions)? It sounds pretty feature rich, but there doesn't appear to be a free demo.
    Versamail 2.51 seems to work great on my 600 and is feature rich. There is no support for the Treo 5 way though, well, at least not on any of the useful screens.