1.    #1  
    Does Snapper have any spam filtering ability?? trusted sources and the like?
    no.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Another reason why I continue to be an Inbox to Go user. As it redirects from my desktop every 15 minutes, Spamnet (3rd party filter I use with Outlook) catches most of it. And it has a conduit to boot. Don't get me wrong, I think Snappermail is a good product, just not quite there yet.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by treo007
    Another reason why I continue to be an Inbox to Go user. As it redirects from my desktop every 15 minutes, Spamnet (3rd party filter I use with Outlook) catches most of it. And it has a conduit to boot. Don't get me wrong, I think Snappermail is a good product, just not quite there yet.
    Please explain what you mean i use spamnet on my desktops.
    Once SnapperMail releases their IMAP feature you could utilize Mailblocks.com as your email inbox (9.95 for 3 years of 12MB service!!).

I've been using Mailblocks for a while now and it's been a godsend...I have my custom domain's email autoforwarding to Mailblocks and haven't received one piece of SPAM in months.

See: http://about.mailblocks.com/features.html

The only problems are:

- No web-based palm-friendly interface
    - no way to set up system-wide or sender-specific alerts (i.e. note to your cell phone letting you know of an email from someone in your "alerts" list)
    - no built-in virus filtering (such as Hotmail, or SpamCop)
    - cannot auto-sort email from senders into specific folders

I have written to Mailblocks suggesting these features, so hopefully they will consider adding them in the future. Otherwise, in my opinion it is a great email service...can't wait to use it with the forthcoming SnapperMail IMAP update.