Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    I am having trouble with Bizz Con's push feature. Everything else works. Does anyone else have this problem and have you been able to fix it? Together we can overcome!
  2. #2  
    Same here. Was on the phone with Sprint for over an hour today. They said the upgrade went very smoothly and I was the only one they had heard push wasn't working for. Bah. Anyway they didn't figure it out.
  3.    #3  
    Does your Treo get the SMS trigger? For instance, when I have mail pushed to my device, the signal to fetch is apparently sent because whenever I go into the app after recieving a message on my account, it will automatically sync without me having to do anything. If there isn't a message waiting, it doesn't do that. Does your exhibit this behavior?
  4. #4  
    Same for me. Although the message load on a Sunday is of course light, some test messages sent from my Yahoo account have resulted in no obvious push. I've noticed once or twice, though, the same scenario you mentioned - go into the app, and that seems to trigger a sync. Just now, though, I didn't get that - I sent myself a test message, watched it hit my Outlook, and now, 15 minutes later, my 600 is still sitting there, no push, no sync, nada. I know the BC connection is solid since I did a quick file search and a corporate address book contact lookup, so that's not the issue.

    I really want that function to work, since the push thing was working on the new visto client, and I <think> that this new BC seems better, but dang it I gotta have the push.

    I have no specific ideas or thoughts to try and figure out what the problem is, though...
  5.    #5  
    Any weird software installed? I'm training my sights on TreoHelper at the moment. Did you ever install it on your Treo?

    BTW, which Treo do you have?
  6. #6  
    I have the 600 now, and no TreoHelper installed (anymore, that is. I had it on the 300). No hacks, nuttin now...
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Does your Treo get the SMS trigger? For instance, when I have mail pushed to my device, the signal to fetch is apparently sent because whenever I go into the app after recieving a message on my account, it will automatically sync without me having to do anything. If there isn't a message waiting, it doesn't do that. Does your exhibit this behavior?
    Actually I guess I fixed mine. A reboot of my workstation and restarting everything seemed to have fixed push mail. I am now automatically receiving all new emails.
  8. #8  
    I think its fixed now. I've been getting my push and alerts for several hours.
  9. #9  
    My reboot was probably just a coincidence. It seems more likely there was a problem on the SPCS server side.

    BTW: does anyone know what level/type of encryption is used to secure the email between your workstation and handset? I know I will get grilled on this one. The SPCS docs are vague at best.
  10. #10  
    Hmm.. I started paying attention to push and tested on a 300 and the 600 and it worked fine... it sent the push in about 2 minutes when I sent the email to myself. I turned of the scheduled sync to be sure.

    One good check is to go in to the web client and go to Settings -> Devices -> Edit and then check the device Mobile number you have registered..... make sure it matches your phone number.
  11. #11  
    CoryJ wrote:
    does anyone know what level/type of encryption is used to secure the email between your workstation and handset? I know I will get grilled on this one. The SPCS docs are vague at best.
    I knew I'd seen this info somewhere, but you're right, it's hard to find. See page 19 of this doc from the Sprint website: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Asse....24_13b08d.pdf

    It's the AES (Advanced Encryption Security) protocol which encrypts the data all the way from your desktop to your Treo. See page 26 for a more detailed description of what AES is, but I do know it's basically the toughest encryption standard in use today for these types of applications. (When my IT guy looked at this info he was impressed b/c he said AES is a tougher encryption standard that what the BlackBerry uses).
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by hortense
    CoryJ wrote:

    I knew I'd seen this info somewhere, but you're right, it's hard to find. See page 19 of this doc from the Sprint website: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Asse....24_13b08d.pdf

    It's the AES (Advanced Encryption Security) protocol which encrypts the data all the way from your desktop to your Treo. See page 26 for a more detailed description of what AES is, but I do know it's basically the toughest encryption standard in use today for these types of applications. (When my IT guy looked at this info he was impressed b/c he said AES is a tougher encryption standard that what the BlackBerry uses).
    This is very good news. Thanks for finding this. I happen to know a little about encryption protocols since I am an Engineer for a VPN/Firewall vendor. AES is indeed the strogest available at this time.
    Last edited by Cory Streater; 10/20/2003 at 08:39 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Mine worked once this morning, but not since. I'm now hard resetting and loading each possibly offending app one by one.

    In retrospect, I should have done this originally so I only got the necessary apps on my new Treo and no leftover OS 3 stuff.

    I'll let you all know how it works out.

    So is anyone else still experiencing problems?
  14. #14  
    Nope, no push-ola. All the connections are good, since I can get mail on my device (via manual sync), and once deleted on the device, it goes away from both the web mail side of BC as well as Outlook. So everything is working as it should, just no push.
    I've checked every alert and device setting on the web, and it all looks good there. All other text msging and Picture Mail alerts and such work fine.
    I'm at a loss, and I can't envision that there's an app conflict - caling Customer Service is sure to be both a waste of time and a frustration-increaser, so I'm content to go to 15 min interval sync for now, and hope that someone can come up with a magic elixir.
  15.    #15  
    I have no push either. This is really frustrating!
  16. #16  
    I couldn't take it any more - I had to bail out and go back to Visto/TreoMail. They have push now, and filters at the desktop (that was critical to me). Some messages that hit my inbox this morning that were not forwarded to my device is what put me over the edge.
    So - we'll see. Nothing is perfect, but maybe Visto will satisfy me for now...
  17. #17  
    I'm getting successful "push" from the desktop but the SMS trigger message that I receive isn't auto-deleted. Is this the default behavior or am I missing a config option somewhere?
  18.    #18  
    Neither. That isn't normal.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I have no push either. This is really frustrating!
    I've been going for hours all day with no SMS push, and then all of a sudden I get 7 dumped on me.

    I hope they get the kinks worked out real soon....
  20. #20  
    Mine stopped working again. After being transferred 7 different times I supposedly got a SPCS Biz Connection specialist that claims there is no such thing as Push Mail & that you only receive updates when you do a sync. What a bunch of ideots. They know less about their own product than we do.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions