Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From some of the other threads there appears to be some confusion regarding the $150 dollar activation credit from Sprint.

First reread Handsprings promo page.
    http://www.handspring.com/promos/tre...nt_promo.jhtml

After receiving your phone call the number Handspring lists on their site. The Spring CSRs at that number know all about the credit deal, Sprints regular CSRs (through #2) are clueless.

Of course Handspring made this real easy to figure out

I paid $399 for my T600, got the $150 credit for a 2-year contract.
    Has this worked for anyone else?

$399 - $150 = $250 for a new treo.

Was that credit for a current sprint customer off contract or is that for a new sprint customer bringing in a treo 600 purchased from HS?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It worked for me. Got the t600 for 399 from handspring and then got the 150 rebate (mail-in...still wiating) from Sprint. I was an existing customer and I got the rebate for extending my contract with them for 2 years.
    Originally posted by rpl318
    It worked for me. Got the t600 for 399 from handspring and then got the 150 rebate (mail-in...still wiating) from Sprint. I was an existing customer and I got the rebate for extending my contract with them for 2 years.
    If I already have a 2 year contract that is 6 months old...ya think I can re extend it 2 years and get the discount again?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    sounds simple enough... so why has there been so much confusion about this until now?!

So if i understand this, this would mean I can:

* Buy at $399 if I have a serial #
    * Receive my phone direct from Handspring
    * Then call the Sprint phone number listed on that promo page
    * Extend for 1 year and I get an additional $100 credit??!

Is that correct?

Anyone else succeed with doing this?

Anyone try that sequence and fail?

ONE LAST QUESTION: what is the form of the rebate? (The offer says it is a service credit (which I interpret as Sprint just issues a credit to my Sprint bill). But "rpl318" says in this thread that it is a "mail in rebate". Those sound totally different. Wondering which type of rebate this is?

Buddy
    Last edited by buddy; 10/20/2003 at 04:43 AM.
    Went to a SPrint store ...they told me that I could only get 50 bucks off the Treo600. No doubt I was upset about having to pay almost full price. Enter HS!!! Treo 600 for 399!! WHen I called Sprint to activate phone, I had them extend contract plus I fussed that I bought the 600 for their service. The rep gave me 50 buck off my bill......50 bucks off the 600 purchase. Then I was lucky to rid my Treo for 100 bucks!! Can you say." I got my Treo600 for 199.00?????"

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I received a $100 service credit on my next bill from Sprint for a 1 year extension. I also received a 5% monthly PCS service credit on my bill because I have Sprint long distance as well. I also sold my Treo 300 on ebay for $189. So the Treo 600 is almost free (at least that's what I told my wife). I think the service credit is offerred for a 1 year extension whether or not you get a new phone and has nothing specifically to do with the Treo 600. Also, by the way, activation was free. I called the Sprint number for activation provided by Handspring in its email.

There was no rebate form involved. The only thing I have to be concerned about is the service credit actually appearing on my Sprint bill. I have the CR's identification number just in case.
    I called the number from the handspring email and got a $150 applied even though I had activated last week and they gave me no such credit.

Helps to talk to the right people I guess.

Great thing is, I've got a buyer already for my old phone (Kyo 7135) so I made out with my Treo600 free!

Can't beat that.
    -Gadgetpro
    This really works because I just hung up with Sprint and they gave me a $150.-- service credit! Unbelievable!!!! Bought the phone from Handspring for $399 and got $150 in credits. Might sell my Treo 270 now for $100 or so!

Thanks for the tip! I love this forum.
    got my treo 600 for $50

I called in and got them to apply a $100 credit to my account. And I didnt even have to sign another year contract. Plus, I sold my 300 for $260 and bought the 600 for $399...

net cost.. $50 for the T600 and no new contract =)
    wolf...why did sprint give you $100?
    i told them i bought a new 600 and activated it... i think they messed up tho.. they are supposed to make me renew contract.. but i called back to check and they said the $100 is on the account and my contract is still the old one.
    I just called to try to get the $150 promotion and they wouldnt offer it to me bc i ordered from Sprint, not handspring. Plus i have an existing account. Oh well, Sprint let me trade in the 300 and pay the difference which is like $200. Still a good deal.

Was anyone else able to get the $150 if they had an existing plan and bought thru Sprint instead of Handspring?
    I ordered my Treo 600 from Handspring, but Sprint reps tell me that there is no service credit available for existing customers even with a contract extention. Who have people been talking to at Sprint? Is this a "special deal" that customer retention offered you or did you get it though the regular activation number? I've called two numbers at Sprint and no one knows what I'm talking about. What number did you all call?

Thanks.
    where did you get a mail in rebate certificate to mail in? There wasn't one in my box. I heard if I re-up with Sprint I could get a $25 service credit, and that I am eligible for a mail in rebate but that I should have gotten the mail in rebate form from the store, which is handspring, I guess.

Was anyone able to do this?

When I mentioned the 5% loyalty discount, no one knew what I was talking about.
    Definitely call this number

It's the one on the hanspring site, and they know everything. I activated my phone through the number in the book that shipped with the treo (888 715 4588) and they totally didn't know about any rebates. They just activated my phone.

I had to call back, this time (*2) to get them to activate Vision on my phone, and I asked the about a service credit, no go.

Finally, after reading this thread, I called the 877 number, and the lady (ask for Gwen), allowed me to renew my service contract for 1 year, and get both $100 service credit, and 5% loyalty credit.

Yay! now I have to see if I can still get the mail in rebate too!
    -phillip
    Yup, 877.789.3969 is the number to call...

My info:
    Currently on 1-year contract that started in 02/2003
    Activated Treo on 10/10/03

Before today (and after I received my Treo 600), I must have asked Sprint at least 4 times about a contract-renewal and/or phone discount ($100/1year or $150/2year)... and all of them said no, no, and no.

After reading this thread, I thought to myself "might as well call and get denied again" -- so I called... and guess what I was denied - I called and told the CSR that I recently purchased and activated the Treo and I was calling about the service credit promotion they were having. The woman asked me when I activated it. I replied 'about a week ago.' She told me that since it has been a week since I activated, she couldn't do anything for me. She then told me to go to "handspingtreo.com" (her wording), and call the number there for the rebate.

WTF?

I told her "This number is on the website to call" - She told me that I have to call Handspring and talk to them because it is too old.

Whatever... typical sprint csr being dumb. Called back 1 minute later:

This time it was too easy (almost scary how easy):
    Me: "I recently purchased and activated a new Treo 600 handset and was calling about the service credit promotion"
    CSR: "OK sure, can I have your PCS phone number?" ... "Your name?" ... "Thanks, yes, this promotion is for $100 for a 1-year contract and $150 for a 2-year"
    Me: "Yeah, I was interested in the 1-year"
    CSR: "yeah, that is what you are on"
    a few seconds later... CSR: "OK, you are all set."

Here is the thing... I think I was able to get the service credit without a re-extension of my current contract :-) the same thing happened to me with the 5% off deal... The CSR for that said that since I was currently under contract, there was no need for an extension. I am pretty sure the same thing applied to this $100 credit.

- Leo
    Question: what is the "mail in rebate" that some people in this thead have referred to? What are the details on that and where do you get it from?

One other question: Also, for the folks here who have succeeded at getting the additional $100 service credit... AND a 5% loyalty discount... has anyone been able to succeed at getting Spring to waive the $36 activation fee?

Buddy
    <Bump>

Anyone know what is the "mail in rebate" that some people in this thead have referred to?

Also, for the folks here who have succeeded at getting the additional $100 service credit... AND a 5% loyalty discount... has anyone been able to succeed at getting Spring to waive the $36 activation fee?

Buddy
    sprint will give you 150$ off if you buy a new phone and extend 2 years. they won't give you 100$ off for a one year contract or 150$ for a two year contract. when have they ever done that. the credits apply to new equipment and not to extended or new contracts

i would be interested in hearing from someone who has visited thier bill on line to see if the credits are listed and what the description says for the credit.

as far as receiving a mail in coupon i think there will be a indefinite wait period.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/20/2003 at 08:17 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast