Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Heh, like I said, no they won't take the money back - I'm just trying to get the savings for myself as well (which I should be able to do). It's silly that I'm not getting it without a fight. We have the handset upgrade program which I qualify for, but I can't get that $150 since I didn't buy it at a Sprint store Grr... Thanks,
    --Kyle
    Originally posted by kyley
    Heh, like I said, no they won't take the money back - I'm just trying to get the savings for myself as well (which I should be able to do). It's silly that I'm not getting it without a fight. We have the handset upgrade program which I qualify for, but I can't get that $150 since I didn't buy it at a Sprint store Grr... Thanks,
    --Kyle
    I purchased from Handspring via an email I received from visor/treocentral (whatever). I called the short cut number to activate the phone...the very next morning I called the handspring supplied phone # and asked to have my plan upgraded (only because my $65 used to be 800 minutes and now it is 1100..but not a necessary step). I also asked about the $150 promotion for extending my contract. I am a 2 year customer about 5 months into my contract. She said, okay sir, I can do that...but it has to start the contract from Nov. 10. I'm like....yeah, do it.

BadaBing!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    --Kyle
    I'm a new customer of Sprint. I called up the number for Sprint on the Handspring site and said that I was interested in a new account and wanted to know what the credit's were. She said it was $100 for one year contract or $150 for two year contract and I could make the choice. I chose 1 year as it was only another $50 for the second year and I'll want to upgrade to the Treo600+ whenever there is one and I'd rater have my contract up by then.
    Looks like as an employee I can't get the deal others here are getting. Oh well...
    --Kyle
    I bought the Treo 600 from handspring. Now I'm trying to get the 150.00 rebate but Sprint is balking. My old treo 300 was not more than 18 months old...so I don't qualify.

And I don't want to switch my plan...which is 85.00. The same plan is $105.00 now.

So I asked the rep 'how come I call Sprint 5 times and get 5 different answers?" - She said they have RANDOM PROMOTIONS which change all the time. So all the rep does is put in my phone number and read whatever comes up.

How many hundreds of people in this forum have complained about getting different answers from Sprint?

I was promised that I could get the 5% per month discount for signing a 1 year agreement....now it's gone.

Next I'm going to try the retension department and threaten to leave.

This is really frustrating!
    I can't get the 150.00 because I won't switch plans, and my old phone is not more than 18 months old.

And one rep said I can't get the 5% discount because I'm already getting an 18% discount via my corporate discount.

Then I called back, got another rep who said 'sure, you can get the 5%" and put me into the automated system and I did a one year agreement and got the 5% discount.

So if this works out right, I now get 23% off my monthly bill of $85.00 which brings it down to $65.00 which is pretty damn good for what I'm getting (2000 anytime, unlimited data and all the other stuff)

But with my luck, adding the 5% will VOID my 18% which I've been getting for a couple years now.

BTW - I strongly encourage everyone to see if sprint offers a discount to your company. I work for Xerox so they do a lot of business with sprint. The larger the company, the larger the discount.
    Folks,

Here's a new customer story for you.

I purchased a Treo 600 from a Sprint store about two weeks ago -- new activation -- fully expecting to return it. I loved the phone, and was so impressed with the coverage in this area (covers me a few places on my commute that Verizon doesn't), I decided to keep it. Cost was $449. Bye, bye buggy 7135 and cocky / expensive Verizon.

Then I read this thread, call in to 877-789-3969 a few minutes ago (which is answered instantly), and nice old lady gives me a manual $150 activation credit within a few minutes.

You have to like that... Sprint has come a long way since I last tested them 3 years ago.

Glenn
    Company discounts? Is that just because you work for a company and it applies to your personal account? Or is it for accounts that are billed to your company's name?
    The 877 number works... just called at 12am this morning and talked to a lady. She didn't know what I was talking about at first, but she put me on hold for a couple of minutes. She came back and said that she applied the 2yr/$150 credit to my account and that it would show up during my next billing cycle.

Looks like it doesn't matter where you purchase the phone because I purchased mine at BBY.
    Joelbra:

Yes I get an 18% discount on my personal account simply because I work for Xerox and Sprint has an agreement with Xerox to provide discounts.

It is not billed to my company at all.

I'm sure sprint has agreements like this with many big companies.

it saves me about $200.00 per year.

the discount amount varies by company.
    Originally posted by pgogas
    The 877 number works... just called at 12am this morning and talked to a lady. She didn't know what I was talking about at first, but she put me on hold for a couple of minutes. She came back and said that she applied the 2yr/$150 credit to my account and that it would show up during my next billing cycle.

Looks like it doesn't matter where you purchase the phone because I purchased mine at BBY.

I swear I cannot for the life of me get sprint to give me any service credit for extending my contract. I've tried at least 10 times over the past three weeks.

I just got my treo 600 and am no longer under contract. All they'll offer me is 5% off for 1 year contract or 7pm nights and weekends for a 2 year contract.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Sprint will only give me the $100 or $150 service credit if I am a brand new customer or am adding a new line of service to my existing account

grrr.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

I swear I cannot for the life of me get sprint to give me any service credit for extending my contract. I've tried at least 10 times over the past three weeks.

I just got my treo 600 and am no longer under contract. All they'll offer me is 5% off for 1 year contract or 7pm nights and weekends for a 2 year contract.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Sprint will only give me the $100 or $150 service credit if I am a brand new customer or am adding a new line of service to my existing account

grrr.
    Keep calling. I just called back to back to the 877 number. The first person, a guy by the name of Joe, said exactly what you wrote above. The second person, a lady by the name of Kris, gave me the $100 service credit (equal installments over 3 months) for signing up for one year.

BTW, my old contract just ran out and I've been a Sprint customer for a few years.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345