Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am debating whether to go ahead and call Sprint to ask for the $100/$150 credit retroactively (I have already activated my 600 but assume I can get the credit if I ask nicely or enough times). Currently I am on a month to month plan. My question is whether I should lock myself into a one/two year contract (in order to obtain the credit) when number portability is coming November 24. I would think the retention deals might get even better come that date given the higher leverage subscribers would have. But I'm not sure. Does anyone have a perspective on this? Has anyone decided to wait it out?
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    both of you don't have your 300 (damn good smartphone with $$$ software already) anymore. I will give mine to my son - that's priceless.
    Yep, I regretted giving up my T300 but I really didn't have anyone to give it to. I figured there would be a glut of them on eBay if I ever needed one. They should be a dime a dozen in a few weeks
    Dewnay
    I am debating whether to go ahead and call Sprint to ask for the $100/$150 credit retroactively (I have already activated my 600 but assume I can get the credit if I ask nicely or enough times). Currently I am on a month to month plan. My question is whether I should lock myself into a one/two year contract (in order to obtain the credit) when number portability is coming November 24. I would think the retention deals might get even better come that date given the higher leverage subscribers would have. But I'm not sure. Does anyone have a perspective on this? Has anyone decided to wait it out?
    greendrinks -

I might only point out that your new Sprint Treo 600 cannot at present be taken to any other network, so you wouldn't be able to switch providers anyway. Why not sign a contract? That's my thinking, anyway.

Although I suppose you could switch in Nov., sell your current T600 on Ebay, and buy a GSM version if you really wanted to.

(note: there is also a thread somewhere on here about using the T600 on the Verizon network, not for roaming but for primary usage...haven't read it lately, so maybe it is technically possible to use your current T600 on Verizon...)
    I called to activate my 600 the other night and apparently the department that takes care of the $150 service credit was already closed at that time. I asked the Sprint lady if I would still be able to get the service credit later if I activated the phone that night and she said that wouldn't be a problem.

I plan to call later today or tomorrow...I hope there's no problem.

And for the record, after I got off the phone with her, my 600 was fully functional immediately, including vision. I didn't have to wait the 2-4 hours she suggested.

-David

Originally posted by greendrinks
    http://www.davegk.com
    Thanks to this thread, I was able to transfer my phone number from my Treo 300 to my new Treo 600, sign up for a 2 year contract extension, and qualify for a $150 service credit. I called the "new activation" phone number at Sprint - 1.877.789.3969. This gets you through directly to a live operator. She had me set up in about 2 minutes.

I had to ask to get the $150 service credit. But it was no problem. I also asked whether I could get access to offpeak minutes at 8PM instead of 9PM on weekdays. Sprint will do this for you at a cost of an additional cent to your monthly service contract. By the way, I had taken advantage of a previous promotion which gave me an extra 60 anytime minutes. So now, I get 360 anytime minutes and unlimited off-peak minutes which start at 8PM for just $30/month. Unlimited PCS Vision costs $10/month.

I'm a pretty happy camper.
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    From some of the other threads there appears to be some confusion regarding the $150 dollar activation credit from Sprint.

First reread Handsprings promo page.
    http://www.handspring.com/promos/tre...nt_promo.jhtml

After receiving your phone call the number Handspring lists on their site. The Spring CSRs at that number know all about the credit deal, Sprints regular CSRs (through #2) are clueless.

Of course Handspring made this real easy to figure out

I paid $399 for my T600, got the $150 credit for a 2-year contract.
    I DID IT!!! WOOOOHHOOOOOO!!!!!

Called the number from Sprint yesterday to activate the phone...didn't know what the f*** I was talking about. Decided to wait until this morning...called the number from Handspring without much hope, since I signed a 2 year agreement in June of 2003 (5 months ago).

She said, "Okay, in order to get the $150 from Sprint, your contract has to renew for 2 years starting November 10, 2003."

I said, "Great! I can't beat your service and reception around here, and I purchased this phone as an upgrade to my old one because I've heard so many great things along with your services."

She said, "Okay. That is taken care of, and it will be reflected on your November bill."

I said, "F*** Yeah!" (In my head of course). Actually, I said, "why thank you so much, I appreciate it...you have a great day!"

It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works It works it works

YEEEEHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    I've been a Sprint customer since I got my Samsung i-300, through my T3 days and now with my day-old T6.

I have been out of contract for months.

I bought the T6 from HS for 399. When I got it yesterday, I called to activate and was refused the $100 for 1 year extension service credit. I activated and figured I'd try for the services credit later.

Tried again this morning and was refused again, though I got more sympathy that time.

Tried again literally 3 min later and got a CSR who says she gave me the credit. I got her name/CSR number just in case it doesn't show up on my bill.

After she gave me the credit, she asked if I wanted to discuss getting 8pm nights/wknds, but that I'd have to extend for 1 yr to get it. Thinking that I may have gotten the credit without extending, I decided to hold off on the new plan with earlier nights/wknds.

When I get my bill, I'll report back on what it looks like. . . . .

JK
    I got the $100 credit for 1 year contract because I bought the phone from Handspring for $399.

Now while in the Sprint store I picked up a form for "up to $150 rebate check" (for 2 years, $100 for 1 year) and this is not service credit, but rebate check.

So, in small print it says it may not be usable with other offers, but does this sound like a possibility? $100 back and $100 service credit for a 1 year contract???
    I have tried 4 times to get this credit and have been denied. The dialog is pretty consistant. I am thinking they are catching on and "training" their CSR's. The guidelines are pretty clear on the Handspring site about the new service requirement.
    Okay, just hung up from spring, 4:03 p.m. eastern standard time, Tuesday, Oct. 28th:

first lady - I have a copy of the web page here -- it says for new accounts only. Since that's what I was seeing, the only thing I kept repeating was, apparently it's also for extending the contract for 1 or 2 years. She asked me to hold and let her check. We got disconnected. Called back and got a gentleman. He said there are only 3 scenarios:

current users activating a new number
    new users
    TREO 300 USERS UPGRADING TO TREO 600!!!, therefore, I just got the $150.00 service credit. My specs: Sprint user since 1997 (I think), service contract just extended to two years in September. Already have 2 lines, so no new line to activate. AND I GOT IT!
    On the phone with sprint right now, signed in jul 03 and just bought the 600. A lady named joe is applying the cerdit as we speek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Hooooooorrrraaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!
    Treoseur
    Originally posted by jhat3k1
    On the phone with sprint right now, signed in jul 03 and just bought the 600. A lady named joe is applying the cerdit as we speek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Hooooooorrrraaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!
    Let's hear it for Joe! WOOOHHOOOOO!!!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    Awesome!!! traded in the treo 300 for $399 credit towards the treo600. called in to extend the contract for another 2 years and now have an additional $150 off the amount.

grand total cost for the treo 600 ------ $50.00

absolutely awesome
    Well, I tried again and the CSR as very diligent and checked many times and yes, I did qualify for the credit, if I extended. Since it is only an additional 6 months, that is not so bad for $150.

I was on hold for a while though. Did everyone else have to do the electronic confirmation at the end?

Alan Hamm
    No, no electronic confirmation. But I am glad to hear you guys were able to get the credit also. Makes this phone that much sweeter!!!
    Treoseur
    So.. i got my t600 from handspring at 399... i'm already a sprint customer.. i called the number listed on the Handspring site... to no avail.. everytime i called they said it was only for new subscribers.. i even mentioned that my contract expires in a month.....

so finnally i caved and had em just go ahead and connect the phone... while she was connecting my service. .she suddenly said due to the my being such a long time customer (3-4 years now.. can't remember) she can indeed offer me the rebate AND the 5% discount from my phone bill each month.... suprised as I was i jumped on it.. w/ a thank you.... my phone plan isn't that large either.. i have the lowest one.. $30 bucks for 300 minutes....

d.r.g.

so 600 dollar phone... 250 dollars.. wooohoo...

d.r.g.
    Okay, I'm a Sprint employee, and I have to call a different phone number for phone activations. I'm trying to get the same deal others have ($150 service credit after upgrading to the Treo 600).

Here's what I need:
    *phone numbers* for those of you that have gotten this to work (no, they won't take the $ back The employee accounts customer service rep said she needs to look at someone else's account account to see how it was credited before she can do the same for me... Please email me with your phone numbers ASAP so I can activate my phone and get the discount! Thanks,
    --Kyle
    Originally posted by kyley
    Okay, I'm a Sprint employee, and I have to call a different phone number for phone activations. I'm trying to get the same deal others have ($150 service credit after upgrading to the Treo 600).

Here's what I need:
    *phone numbers* for those of you that have gotten this to work (no, they won't take the $ back The employee accounts customer service rep said she needs to look at someone else's account account to see how it was credited before she can do the same for me... Please email me with your phone numbers ASAP so I can activate my phone and get the discount! Thanks,
    --Kyle
    Please email you my phone number so you can reverse my credit? What???
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    They wouldn't let me have one...
    Originally posted by TurtleKid
    They wouldn't let me have one...
    They? You mean sprint won't give you a credit? And you called the number that Handspring told you to? That is blasphemous.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast