Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Davsug, did you purchase your phone from Sprint or from Handspring? And can you (or anyone else) shed any light on the rebate slip they are mailing you for still yet more discount? What is the rebate for and how does one qualify for it?

Buddy
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Thanks folks. I called the first time and the woman took forever and consulted several people and kept telling me that no activation credit existed. I finally relented and then I called back.

On my second attempt, a gentleman by the name of Devonte took my call and before I could finish my sentence he knew what I was talking about. He went away for 2 minutes and came back and told me it was done. The credit should appear on my next bill. He did insist it was for 2 year contracts only.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Originally posted by philliptiongson
    where did you get a mail in rebate certificate to mail in? There wasn't one in my box. I heard if I re-up with Sprint I could get a $25 service credit, and that I am eligible for a mail in rebate but that I should have gotten the mail in rebate form from the store, which is handspring, I guess.

Was anyone able to do this?

When I mentioned the 5% loyalty discount, no one knew what I was talking about.
    Before I knew about this 150 activation credit, I was informed (after bugging several CSRs over two weeks) that existing customers that upgraded to the treo 600 (or any new equipment i suppose) would be eligible for a $150 mail in rebate. However, I bought the phone directly from sprint over the phone. a Sprint PCS CSR connected me with the PCS rebate folks at 1-800-477-4127. They then informed me that I needed to mail in a copy of my packing slip and my PCS number and my email address to a Sprint address in Miami. I left the info at my office I can post it tomorrow.

The mail in reabte is associated with the following link I believe:

http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/info.php
    Congratulations to everyone else who were able to get the credit. I talked to two CSR's today, as well as email contact over the past 2 days and I was not able to get a credit. The first person offered what he called a 50% retention credit (Z code), but said that they were not offering $150 to existing business customers. To be eligible for the retention credit, I had to return my existing phone back to Handspring, purchase one from Sprint store and they would provide me with a rebate form. The second CSR said that I was not eligible, even though I have had my phone for almost 2 years. He said it had something to do with the "add a phone" (my wife and daughter) and that the only discount was for new activations.
    I called 877 228 2257. For a 2 yr extention, got 150 credit toward either the Samsung S500 or the T600.

I did temm them that unless I was able to get a good price, I would switch to Verizon. They asked what did I want. Based on thread here I said $150

Bought from HSpring wi/serial number.

Tx all here .......
    I would like to send in my packing slip and see if that send me a mail-in refund too.

thanks!
    -phillip
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Originally posted by philliptiongson
    I would like to send in my packing slip and see if that send me a mail-in refund too.

thanks!
    -phillip
    Here's the adress I was given.

Sprint Upgrade Rebate
    Dept #03-64466
    PO Box 028551
    Miami, FL 33102-8551

Make sure you call a few times and verify this. Depending on the number I call people have no clue what I'm talking about. Call the rebate number I mentioned above.
    I will call the number again, they have told me before there would be a rebate form in the box, but of course there wasn't. But I will try to send in the rebate anyway, and see what happens.

thanks!
    -phillip
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I just called again to get this verified for the third time and the guy said it was legit but now he told me it was only for $130. Call and see if they tell you $150 or $130. I was specifically told $150 on two different occasions.
    Just wanted confirm that the Sprint CS number, 1.877.789.3969, worked great for the $150.00/$100, 2yr/1yr service credit.

I called and told them I had just purchased and activated a T600 from Hanspring and also had noticed on the Hanspring website that if I signed a new contract, that I would be offered a service credit. My previous 1 year contract, incidentally, expired this past Monday.

She checked in her system and said I was eligible for either the one or two year credit. I went with the 1 year. Also, free nights went from 9PM to 8PM. Hopefully, there are no screw ups and I see it on my next invoice.
    J.S. Giron
    Just wanted to convey my experience. I called the 877 number provided earlier in this thread to get my $150 service credit.

It was absoulutely no problem. The CSR did ask me where I bought it and in my case it was at a Sprint store - but still there was no problem.

Color me very happy.

-former
    -former
    HAD TO SHARE THIS!!!

Just called SPrint using the 877 #. The CR said that I never got the 100 off that was suppose to be taken off last week. SO......she stepped away a minute and came back.......

" You are entitled to the 150 bucks credit....let me apply that to your account now."

Then I mentioned the evening and weekend with my account"

" I will give you free evening and weekends for $7 bucks more (THAT'S RIGHT!!!)...and we will start your evenings at ..7pm "

I'm like WOW!!

I asked about why the time change...she stated that there's a promo test going on in my area that I qualify for.

SO...bottom line ...Got my Treo 600 for .....159.000...how?

Bought it from HS.. 399

Sprint gives me 150 bucks back.

Sold my Treo 300 for 100 bucks!!!

Wait a minute...that's only 149 bucks ...WOW ....

Can ya beat that?....I think the portability issue is cause Sprint to rethink their billing!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Can i get this rebate before I get the 600? Is there a deadline for the sprint rebate? I'd hate to order the 600 from hs and then miss out on the rebate. Thanks for all the useful posts about how to get the rebate - this thread is great.
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    HAD TO SHARE THIS!!!

Bought it from HS.. 399

Can ya beat that?....I think the portability issue is cause Sprint to rethink their billing!!!

IGO
    600 price: $599
    Upgrade credit from HS: -$399
    Sprint Credit: -$150
    300 sold on Ebay: -$152.50
    ----------------------------------------
    Final damage: $96.50
    webninja

I believe you have until November 23 to get this promotion, according to the Handspring website.
    J.S. Giron
    Another data point...

I had activated my 600 last week, and they refused to give me the $100 credit for re-upping my contract for a year. Actually, four different CSRs I tried refused.

Today, I called the 1.877.789.3969 number and told them I should have gotten the credit. The CSR looked up my account, and put me on hold for a minute. She came back and told me she had put the credit code onto my account. I had to be insistent about the details, but no real arm-twisting at all. She said it would appear on my next billing cycle. I still got my 5% discount, extended evening minutes and 2 months vision. Since I was going for one of the cheaper plans (500 min), I felt pretty good about the deal.

Either I had real bad luck last week, or the word on the Handspring/Treo deal is finally getting distributed. <shrug>

BTW, I was an existing Sprint customer with an expired contract, and was adding the Treo as the primary account, and moving my old phone to an Add-a-phone account. I had done the Handspring upgrade, but that never even came up with Sprint, other than the fact that I didn't buy the phone from them. On the call today, that didn't even come up. It was like a 2 minute call.
    It takes PERSISTENCE. Took me 3 calls, 4 different reps and a lot of waiting on hold. All together, i spent about 45 minutes.

I DID get the $150 credit for a 2 year contract.

Greatest phone ever for $249.00.
    Originally posted by halford
    It takes PERSISTENCE. Took me 3 calls, 4 different reps and a lot of waiting on hold. All together, i spent about 45 minutes.
    Yeah, I guess if I count my "experience" with the CSR wasteland last week, I probably spent about 45 min total, too.
    Originally posted by halford
    I DID get the $150 credit for a 2 year contract.

Greatest phone ever for $249.00.
    I agree. I only did the 1 year contract, but $300 is a great deal for this phone!

Also, I must give thanks to everyone here that shared their experiences getting the credit from Sprint. I would not have called again if a bunch of people here hadn't told how they were able to get the credit. Thank you! $100 is nothing to sneeze at!
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    HAD TO SHARE THIS!!!

Bought it from HS.. 399

IGO
    I was able to beat it:

Asked Sprint for a Warranty Replacement of my Treo 300. They billed my account $599 and gave me a credit of $399 when they received my T300.

Called and was given the $150 credit and 5% off my monthly bill for a 2-year extension. Net cost of the T600 = $50.
    Dewnay
    both of you don't have your 300 (damn good smartphone with $$$ software already) anymore. I will give mine to my son - that's priceless.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast