1. JPM
    On two seperate occasion I've had my Treo's memory completely wiped out while trying to disconnect the handset from the car charger. I'm using my old 300 car charger.

It sucks when it happens.

-jpm
    do a search....in a previous thread there was something about NOT using the treo 300 charger
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    do a search....in a previous thread there was something about NOT using the treo 300 charger
    Considering that Handspring sells ONE charger that works for ALL Treo's I am sure this is incorrect....

Or else they would have a separate one for the 600... see their site.

I had a weird car charger with a very heavy end Sprint game me as a replacement for my 300s when the end broke... THIS charger did NOT work with the 600.. it would beep and start chatring and immediately stop. Plus trhe red light would dim out....

I traded that in for the regular 300 charger sprint has and no mor eporblms..

didnt lose any memory from it tho.

Mike
    The same charge is for both the Treo 300 & 600. It's the same part number, same product. It sounds likes yours may have a short or a problem with the connector. Make sure the connector is clean and not damaged. I use mine every day from the 300 with my 600.

Larry
    Check the insert that was included with your phone. One side is titled "warning about non-compliant SD cards" the other side is titled "warning about vehicle power adapters".

Treo 600 is not compliant with most Treo 300 vehicle power adapters."
    Originally the 300 came with a car charger that would reset it. This was for about the first six months. Eventually they started shipping them wih a different one (it had dimples in grip like a golf ball) this one did not cause any problems. That is the one that I have and it doesn't hurt my 600 at all.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Just to re-emphasise: the Sprint box contains a card that spells out which car chargers to use. Some car chargers made for the 300 will not work with the 600.
    Be cautious guys.. word from some good friends of mine in low places have said that the cigarette lighter adapter of the Treo 300 will damage the Treo 600. My own experience before I knew this is that it worked fine for a while and then all of a sudden it started to hard reset it almost every time. Let's just say I am waiting to get a 600 car charger.

Also while on a related note... The earpiece for the 600 is not compatible with the 300, they use different plug types.
    See this FAQ answer on HS Support site:

here

The Sprint T300 adaptor sold by Sprint will NOT work on the T600. The HS adaptors work fine. Check out the pix of the connector.
    The auto adapter I mentioned above as being the same is Handspring part # 3125WW which is called "TREO CAR CHARGER TREO 600,270,300, & 90".

Larry
    Originally posted by jposin
    See this FAQ answer on HS Support site:

here

The Sprint T300 adaptor sold by Sprint will NOT work on the T600. The HS adaptors work fine. Check out the pix of the connector.
    Mine looks like the one on the right in that picture... with the Green round LED that only goes on when it is charging so I think i am OK...

Although I ordered one from handspring to be safe anyway.

Mike