Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for some ring tones to download for the 600. i use to use tcringer and that doesn't seem to quite work yet. Plus through my readings i tend to notice people asking "why use tcringer"

so my question is if i want to download more ring tones what are suggestions for websites to download from.
    Originally posted by jbletheby
    I am looking for some ring tones to download for the 600. i use to use tcringer and that doesn't seem to quite work yet. Plus through my readings i tend to notice people asking "why use tcringer"

so my question is if i want to download more ring tones what are suggestions for websites to download from.
    why use tc ringer??

try going to a midi download site...or use the portal...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  3.    #3  
    i was just looking at the portal website and found their options a bit limited. as far as a midi download site goes. what are your suggestions?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    If you have Snapper mail you can email any MIDI file to your Treo 600 and when you open the attachment it will self install.

macfan
    what do you mean a bit limited? theres everything from rap to classical and like 50 different artists in each category and then at least 5-10 songs per artist....thats a lot...so if you find that limited...i can't help you, honestly until they come out with kazaa for palm os....no one can...sorry. you could do a search on kazaa for midi files and then sync them to your treo onto an SD card...

Try here for Video Game Midi Files... Billions!!! http://www.vgmusic.com/
    And here for TV/Film and other Midi files... Also a ton here. http://www.hamienet.com/
    Do you guys know where I can get normal sounding ringers and alert sounds? I've never been one that wants a symphony playing when I receive a phone call

Thanks,
    Leo
    use the default ringers.

The default ringers sound terrible in my opion. I am also looking for some "normal" poly. ringers. Any suggestions appreciated....
    i don't think there are any lol...try doing a search....never know...

Why use TC Ringer???

So you can have ringtones set by category (Personal, Business etc).. so you can assign speicifc ringtones to ALL contacts,. not just the Favorite buttins...

Those are the reasons to use TC Ringer... I am sure the new version will be seamlessly integrated into Sprint's software.

But it isn't out yet.. when it comes out, I am there.

Mike
    yeah but then you lose all your default tones ....TC Ringer is a waste of space really, if people call you often enough for you to assign a ringtone for them wouldn't you put them in your favorites anyways??

<edit>

if you put them in contacts wouldn't you put them in favorites as well? theres a default manager built in, why shell out money to get another...doesn't make sense to buy something you already have.

Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    yeah but then you lose all your default tones

you don't lose any defaults - you only have the ability to add new ones. it is a software design not to remove the defaults (believe me - I have asked the author numerous times to allow user maintenance of default tones for space saving purposes...)

....TC Ringer is a waste of space really, if people call you often enough for you to assign a ringtone for them wouldn't you put them in your favorites anyways??
    it allows you to assign to categories based on your contact list, so even if they don't call you all that often, you will still be able to hear the specific ring. if you put them in contacts wouldn't you put them in favorites as well?

Also, I personally hate hearing the same ringer over and over so I use the random feature which selects a random ring each time of a list that you specify

theres a default manager built in, why shell out money to get another...doesn't make sense to buy something you already have.
    why shell out money to get MS Word - you have a notepad built in with the Windows OS?

Functionality... There's so much more available in the way of options with TC Ringer that to me it pays to shell out a few bucks for it. It is a well designed program that the author takes great pride in making sure it has what it needs and doesn't cause any conflicts with the device.

If you can get by with the default then that's great - save those $$ for something else. I need more functionality that is available with the default, however, and will re-order TC as soon as it is up for the 600!
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    hi, so far I have dowloaded 2 ringer tones from sprint directly downloaded to my t600: tubular bells which sounds frankly just like the movie sound track it truly sounds great. I also downloaded eye of the tiger which is too low and frankly doesn't really souind too much like it. It was my 1st time direct downloading and it was fast and easy, take care, jay
  16.    #16  
    st600 which portal are you talking about, the one I was is sprintpcs and I am not seeing the same amount of options you are talking about. so either I am not looking very well(which is extremely possible) or you are talking about a different portal?
    Handspring Mobile Portal....lol my fault...should've mentioned that...

Actually, it's quite easy to lose the default tones. Use Filez or Resource Edit and delete them. Funny thing is, once you do that, I can't figure out how to get them back. In fact, I have been through 3 Treo's, and after deleting them on the 1st, they are automatically deleted from the 2nd and 3rd!! Of course, had I been bright enough to protect them during the first hotsync of the new units, I'd have them back....

Anyway, just my two cents....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  19.    #19  
    Ahhhh!!!! that is much better. thanks st600 much more and better options at the handspring portal
    leobag wrote:
    Do you guys know where I can get normal sounding ringers and alert sounds? I've never been one that wants a symphony playing when I receive a phone call

There's a problem with terminology here, which is why "doing a search" won't help: like leobag, I want to get new ringtones, not melodies, not symphonies--or "ringtunes."

I'd like to find a source for new ringers, something like TrekSoundsHack, or something that allows the user to edit sounds. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast