Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yep, all the other ones work fine, and I tried more than one from that site. I wonder if Pocket Tunes has anything to do with it -- or some other conflict?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Have Pocket Tunes on my t600 also.

So NONE of the others from hamienet work for you? Have you tried other sites? www.mididb.com?

As a true old-skool IT guy, I hate this option but if you can't get anything else figured out you might wanna do a sync and then a hard reset. Seems to have fixed some other folks' weird problems that have cropped up.
    I know -- it is always the best way. I am looking and doing that since I also cannot get any of the Graffiti programs to work either. Something is conflicting on my unit....
    Good luck. Install your programs back on one or two at a time. Let us know how it turns out.
    Originally posted by jojobah
    YEAH! woohooo finally decent rings! thank you very much. Here is a question though. I cant get these to hotsync onto the Treo 600... but i can beam them from my lap top to my phone through the IR interfaces, why is this?
    I don't know how to hotsync them - I just directly download them through BLazer. I guess the IR beaming produces the same results as downloading through blazer. I don't know what the trick is to hotsyncing them...you must have to put them in a certain folder?!?!?
    Originally posted by world3d
    Thanks!
    That was just what I was looking for!

Not to be greedy but does anyone know of any others?
    The only other one I have found is 3gupload.com, but it requires you to register w/your cell phone number. The ringtones are sent to your "locker", which you can access from your cellphone. If you want to access your locker from a PC you are required to make a minimum donation of $10 or something like that, but if you want to access it only from your phone, it's free.

If you do join, then the ringtones in question are under "misc" > "normal ringers".
    Originally posted by Llynx
    And we use any of these Kyocera 7135 ringtones??

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...php?forumid=13
    Apparently Kyocera engineers have thier heads screwed on straight and allow the use of MP3's as ringtones.

So to answer your question - no.
    Doug,

I am able do download some and not others. For example, from Hamienet.com I couldn't get "Holiday" to play on my phone, but others I could. I'd be curious if anyone has success with that particular one. And BTW, it's for my wife -- I don't download Madonna!!

Here's the link:

http://www.hamienet.com/20598.mid
    I have found that the easiest way to load ringers without a ringtone manager is to do one of two things. 1) e-mail them if you have that ability, I use Snapper or iambic mail. You can save the attachments directly to the ringer, or 2) you can just open the files with the Palm Installer. You have to have an SD card to do it this way, but once they are on the card you can copy them over.
    Originally posted by csherman
    Doug,

I am able do download some and not others. For example, from Hamienet.com I couldn't get "Holiday" to play on my phone, but others I could. I'd be curious if anyone has success with that particular one. And BTW, it's for my wife -- I don't download Madonna!!

Here's the link:

http://www.hamienet.com/20598.mid
    That one didn't work for me either, so maybe it's a case of some bad files at hamie.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    Hey everyone...someone in this thread mentioned mailing general midi files to the 600 ro use as ring tones.

.1 What file type (IE .mid) is required?
    .2 Can any email Client (program) be used to email that file as an attachment?
    .3 Is anything specific required to access through the ringer prefs?

Many thanks!

kid 600
    If you need to shorten some of the midi songs you download from the net, you can open them in Quicktime pro, and literally cut and paste pieces into a new midi file.

Save out the part of the song you want for your ring, and upload it to your treo.

enjoy!
    -phillip
    Last edited by philliptiongson; 10/25/2003 at 12:57 PM.
    is anyone having problems hitting the next 9 button at the bottom of blazer...i was finally able to d/l ringers but i can only see the first 9 ringers of any genre.

also the search button does EVER find results. i see sean paul under dance andthen searched for it.... nothing was found...
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    is anyone having problems hitting the next 9 button at the bottom of blazer...i was finally able to d/l ringers but i can only see the first 9 ringers of any genre.
    same problem here. When I hit "next 9" it just refreshes the same page.

They charge $2 for a ring that expires in 90 days. And they can't even get their pages to work correctly!

I'll download them for free from elsewhere, thanks for playing...
    OK I have been looking for rngers also... where isthe Hanspring mobile portal.... how do I get to it? I saw the link to the new treo600 portal on the treocentral home page, but I cant find any midi files there......

Thanks

-Ken
    How do you hotsync ringers that are on my deskop to my T600?

Thanks
    Originally posted by yitzchakis

Thanks
    For some reason using the Palm Install Tool doesn't work for me. I've tried synchronizing the .mid and putting them in a .zip file, but HotSynch keeps telling me that I don't have an associated application installed. I ended up beaming the zip using IR after which HandZip Lite picked it up. Then I could open each .mid which is then automatically put in the ringtones db.

I wish we had unlimited data plans in Europe ...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lincs56
    or 2) you can just open the files with the Palm Installer. You have to have an SD card to do it this way, but once they are on the card you can copy them over.
    I did this with my SD card... copied the files over and they get installed directly into the "AUDIO" folder.

Now, how do I "copy them over?"

The standard preference dialog (where you select your ringtones) doesn't "see" the SD card.
    Originally posted by yitzchakis
    I don't do this with your Treo, honest.

Alternately: Do it yourself?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Any MIDI file under 64KB in size from any of the free MIDI sites (these are *not* ringtone sites.. they just have music in MIDI form) that I linked from this page http://thud.us/tl.htm (load it from treo) will download and install straight into ringtone manager. Some sound pretty good. Ones with a lot of bass, or too much cymbals.. not so exciting.

Here's some of the stuff I pulled down from those linked sites (many not for ringtones specifically, but just for fun)
    Ones marked with (R) make decent ringtones though
    Theme from 2001
    Bach Cantatasifonia (R)
    Bach Violin sonanta2 Allegro (R)
    Carnival (R)
    Come Sail Away - Styx
    Dream On - Aerosmith
    Fixing a hole - Beatles
    Flight of the bumblebee (R)
    Theme from GhostBusters (R) (remember the phone rings at the beginning of the song)
    Gettin Jiggy with it - Will smith
    It's Still Rock and Roll - Billy Joel
    Theme from LooneyToons (R)
    Theme from Mission Impossible (R) (also has a ring at the beginning)
    moonlight Presto - Beethoven (R - low volume)
    Mr. Roboto
    Piano Man
    Theme from Raiders of the lost ark (R - loud, short delay though)
    Theme from Rainman (need headphones to hear the bass)
    Russians - Sting
    Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel (R - subtle but nice)
    Sledge Hammer - Peter Gabriel
    Stairway to Heaven (just a nice midi)
    Theme from Star Trek - TOG (R loud, and unmistakeable)
    Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies (R would be good without 4 second pause at beginning)
    Take the Long Way Home - Supertramp
    Take 5 - David Brubeck (R not super loud, but unmistakeable melody. Several versions out there. )
    Theme from the Simpsons (R once it gets going, it's loud enough)
    Ride of the Valkyries (R)
    Wild Wild West - Will Smith
    William Tell Overture (R - super loud .. makes a great sound for a wakeup alarm)
    YMCA (Hey, I stopped short of downloading the Macarena MIDI.. )

ian
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast