Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    www.mididb.com on your treo, click on any song link, automatically saves it to your ringtones (if it isn't too large to be used as a ringtone) This beats those who pay $1 per ringtone on there phone.........I LOVE this thing!
    I tried the site, but everything I downloaded was too low in volume to be heard as a ringtone. Is there any way to modify the volume on them?
    I tried the site, but everything I downloaded was too low in volume to be heard as a ringtone. Is there any way to modify the volume on them?
    I want to strongly third the opinion that there seem to be ZERO decent serious ringtones out there. I don't get it. The T600 is not a toy, it's a business tool. Yet all the available ringtones are silly and would embarrass me should my phone ring in the presence of a client.

Does anybody know a source for serious ringtones???
    And we use any of these Kyocera 7135 ringtones??

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...php?forumid=13
    This is such an obvious solution -- where is the software????

My roommate has some killer phone and every time it rings I hear this perfect Madonna Die Another Day MP3 (OK I think he had to convert an MP3 to OGG, but whatever...)

He can just scroll through his MP3s and play them through his speakerphone, and assign each to specific callers.

MUST HAVE. MUST HAVE NOW.
    I agree. I haven't set the MP3 up yet but once I know I can MP3's has ringtones it'll be a mad rush.
    Originally posted by world3d
    I want to strongly third the opinion that there seem to be ZERO decent serious ringtones out there. I don't get it. The T600 is not a toy, it's a business tool. Yet all the available ringtones are silly and would embarrass me should my phone ring in the presence of a client.

Does anybody know a source for serious ringtones???
    Here are some:

http://www.schiessler.com/s55.html
    Thanks!
    That was just what I was looking for!

Not to be greedy but does anyone know of any others?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Speaking of ringtones, I went to the Sprint Download section, and yeah, I opted for a download for $1.50 ("Dallas" TV show.) I get a $5 credit from Sprint to I figured WTH, this'll be fun to try out.

Meanwhile, it shows you 9 songs per category. When I click on "show next 9," it just refreshes and shows the same page. Anyone able to get to the next set of 9?
    YEAH! woohooo finally decent rings! thank you very much. Here is a question though. I cant get these to hotsync onto the Treo 600... but i can beam them from my lap top to my phone through the IR interfaces, why is this?
    Folks, where/what are the "portals" mentioned in this thread? Specifically, the "handspring mobile portal" and the "sprintpcs" portal? Are these bookmarks built into the 600, or just URLs you have to enter manually? I've been unable to find any info on them.
    Originally posted by Morbius
    Folks, where/what are the "portals" mentioned in this thread? Specifically, the "handspring mobile portal" and the "sprintpcs" portal? Are these bookmarks built into the 600, or just URLs you have to enter manually? I've been unable to find any info on them.
    These are the built-in bookmarks in your "web" browser.

Ahh, I found it. I thought it might be one of the "links" that show up on the "homepage" that appears whenever I connect to the web. But then I found the bookmarks that are pre-loaded by selecting the little "grid" icon on the web app. This my first web-capable phone/PDA, so I'm still getting used to these things!
    Originally posted by pablosbrain
    Try here for Video Game Midi Files... Billions!!! http://www.vgmusic.com/
    And here for TV/Film and other Midi files... Also a ton here. http://www.hamienet.com/
    I am able to download them from hamienet.com without problem however once I download them and click on "Play", nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Originally posted by csherman

I am able to download them from hamienet.com without problem however once I download them and click on "Play", nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Don't think I've DL'd any from Hamienet yet, but I've grabbed quite a few from other places.

First a coupla obvious things. (Gotta ask. ) You sure the sound is turned on? You don't have the slider on the top set to "no ringer" do you? You haven't turned the sound down using the volume buttons on the left side have you?

Secondly, are you hitting the "play" button more than once? I've found that sometimes tapping it only seems to select it and doesn't actually push the button.

Next, are you letting them play for a bit. Some midi files seem to start with a bit of silence.

Lastly, maybe the ones you've gotten are just all so quiet that you can't hear them in your surroundings. A couple of the ones I really wanted are so soft that they're barely audible when I'm really listening, let alone loud enough to be used as a ringtone.
    Check, check, check and check.

I think the problem may be that the ones I downloaded are 30 or 40 K whereas the ones on the phone pre-installed are no more than 1 k or so. Thoughts?

Thanks for your reply to my question!
    Many of them that I've DL'd are big too. Like the entire song.

Can you post a link here to one that you've DL'd? I'll jump on and grab it and see if it plays on mine.
    Works for me. Beatles song. The one that was the theme song for the TV show with the handicapped kid (whose name i forget - and I was JUST talking about this show with someone a few weeks ago) and his sister Becca.

Showed as a 0kb file, but DL'd fine and plays fine.

You're in "Prefs" "Sound" "Tones" "Manage" right? And it won't play? Do the stock treo ones play there for you?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast