1.    #1  
    I have a Panasonic 512mb card and a Lexar Multi-Card Reader. I put around 350mb of music on card and it does not display on 600. There are a few songs that did not come from my cd collection. Is this what is causing a problem or does 600 work better with 256 or lower card?
    Originally posted by FlyNTreo600
    I have a Panasonic 512mb card and a Lexar Multi-Card Reader. I put around 350mb of music on card and it does not display on 600. There are a few songs that did not come from my cd collection. Is this what is causing a problem or does 600 work better with 256 or lower card?
    I just got a SanDisk 512mb card and have a SanDisk reader. When I create music to export with MusicMatch or drag to the card reader, I experience similar problems. Pocket tunes won't play or display some of them or I get resets. However, when I add the files using the the Hot Sync installer it works beautifully, although it takes about an hour to Sync a full card's worth of music. I'm gonna buy a USB 2.0 reader to try, but for now, I am fine using Hot Sync. I can add the files and just Sync it before I go to bed or something.

Also, I should add that when I use MusicMatch or drag to the reader with my SanDisk 64mb card, it works with no issues. Strange.
  3.    #3  
    Definitely strange. I still kinda would like to know if all SD cards have the copyright protection. By the way, my reader is a USB 2.0.
  4.    #4  
    After many futile attempts to get it to work, I guess I will run out and return card and get a 512 San Disk. Maybe it won't have the copy protection and the mp3's will work.
    Originally posted by FlyNTreo600
    After many futile attempts to get it to work, I guess I will run out and return card and get a 512 San Disk. Maybe it won't have the copy protection and the mp3's will work.
    I don't think it's the card. Before you return it though, try what I did. Format the card using the Treo. Then Sync all your MP3's over to the Treo using the Hot Sync Install Function. It's slow, but I bet it works. I'd be curiuos to know.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Are the ones that don't work very long filenames?

Shorten them if that's the case.
    1. Macs seem to copy over a secondary file with the same name as the MP3. I found this problem with iTunes on Mac OS X. Make sure you pick the actual MP3 file and not its 'ghostly cousin' of the same name.

2. Windows plays tricks with removable drives. Good old Microsoft. Make sure you tell windows to eject or stop the external drive before you pull it out of the reader. Otherwise the files that to all appearances reside on your card will still be in your Windows cache file and not actually on the card. I have seen this several times. I copy the files over, yank out the card and nothing or only part of my files are available.

Hope this helps.

I can't wait till 1GB and 4GB cards arrive.

Any of you guys tried using iRock or some other MP3 player to FM transmitters for in-car use of Treo 600?
    Originally posted by njchris
    Are the ones that don't work very long filenames?

Shorten them if that's the case.
    Interesting. What I did now is use MusicMatch to create a playlist since it's way easier than creating one by manually searching the My Music folder. Then, rather than export it (via MusicMatch) to the SanDisk card reader, I exported it to a folder I created within Add-On. Then, using the Palm Install Tool, I just click on Add and select the music in the folder I created and do a Hot Sync. Again, slower Syncing, but it works without problems.

Anyway, one point about filenames, when adding one particular file from the folder I created, the install tool spit out an error about an invalid file that happened to have a VERY LONG FILENAME. I renamed it and did not get the error after that.

Don't know if it's the case or not, but it seems to me that the Install Tool has an advantage over other methods in that it finds problems with the files before they end up on the card and causing errors on the device.