1.    #1  
    What format do ringtones need to be in before i upload them to my treo600?

Will midi ones work?

Chris
    Chris,

Ringtones need to be in MIDI format with the extension: .mid
    You then can email the .mid file to your phone and when you open the "attachment" it should be loaded into your Ringers List.

Dave Lindberg
    I did this as you suggested (mailed with Snappermail to my phone) but although it did download (to my memory card) it still does not show up in my ringer choices.

Any other ideas about how to install?
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by Stockexchanger
    I did this as you suggested (mailed with Snappermail to my phone) but although it did download (to my memory card) it still does not show up in my ringer choices.

Any other ideas about how to install?
    Thanks!
    I do not think Ringtones sent to the memory card will appear in the choices.. not sure though.

Think they need to be on the phone.
    MikeRadio is right. They have to be resident on the phone memory, not card. And the file has to be "added" to the "MIDI Ringtones" file.

When you open and play the sound it is automatically added to this file and becomes resident on the phone. You should be able to select it at that point.

Dave Lindberg
    You can also go online with your browser to www.mididb.com and download midis right to your device, it will then ask you to save, hten open the file and it will show up in your list of ringers. they are full length songs though so I dont know how appropriate they are for rungtones, but im gunna go look for a palm app that lets you splice Midis... if anybody has any suggestions post away, being able to DL then edit midis on the T600 all by itself would be great!

-B