Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I'd appreciate if someone could walk me through the steps I need to take in order to get my Yahoo! mail on my t600. I can download a trial of Snappermail to test it out, but I want to make sure a) I don't need to do anything else first, and b) it is the best program I could use for this situation.

    thanks.
  2. #2  
    Yahoo charges for pop3 access to its servers, thus you can't use snappermail with it unless you pay for it. Another option is to just use the mobile yahoo version to access you email via blazer:

    http://pg1.yahoo.com
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    yeah not a big fan of paying for stuff - this site is huge though, thanks.
  4. #4  
    vision home, portals, yahoo
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  5. #5  
    If you are a Sprint customer, the new Business Connection allows access to your Yahoo account. Works better than going via the portal on Vision. Interface is awesome with Business Connection, but as someone mentioned i do believe you need the Yahoo Plus to enable access which means paying a reasonable yearly fee.
    Nick
  6. #6  
    Yahoo.fr is not chargin for POP3 access (for the time being )
    Try to setup your email adress on it. Benoit .
  7. macfan's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #7  
    If Yahoo is not charging for POP3 access then you know something they don't know. If you are going to pay for POP3 or IMAP access let me suggest Fast Mail. They are cheaper and let you use their outgoing server as well. They have the recommendation of Snapper Mail.

    macfan
  8. #8  
    Let me repeat www.yahoo.fr is not charging for POP3 (yahoo.com is charging...).
    Just try it !!! It's working very well, I am using it for years...
    Benoit
  9. #9  
    call me crazy, but I'm accessing my Yahoo mail through snappermail just fine. Here are the settings:

    Incoming
    POP3 Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
    username - yahoo username
    password - yahoo password

    Outgoing
    SMTP server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    username - yahoo username
    password - yahoo password

    I can send and receive with no problem, no fees.
  10. #10  
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com

    This is a direct link to the Yahoo! Mobile site. The Sprint DNS will direct this to their Yahoo! Mobile portal which is better than the standard one non Sprint users get.

    In order to get Yahoo! via an e-mail client on the Treo itself, you will need to pay for one of Yahoo's "Premium" services that include POP3 access. POP access cost $20 per year. Mail Plus service which gives your a 25 MB mailbox, ability to send larger attachments, better SPAM protection, and POP Access is $30 per year. I have the Mail Plus service and really like it. I have my treo set up to download my mail every hour.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    vision home, portals, yahoo
    Tha's what I do. No problems.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    vision home, portals, yahoo
    I'm not a Sprint customer.
    Could anyone post a link to the moblie portal?
    Thanks.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by rudychow


    I'm not a Sprint customer.
    Could anyone post a link to the vision moblie portal?
    Thanks.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by lnichols
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com

    This is a direct link to the Yahoo! Mobile site. The Sprint DNS will direct this to their Yahoo! Mobile portal which is better than the standard one non Sprint users get.

    In order to get Yahoo! via an e-mail client on the Treo itself, you will need to pay for one of Yahoo's "Premium" services that include POP3 access. POP access cost $20 per year. Mail Plus service which gives your a 25 MB mailbox, ability to send larger attachments, better SPAM protection, and POP Access is $30 per year. I have the Mail Plus service and really like it. I have my treo set up to download my mail every hour.
    oops, I guess I forgot about that...I have SBC Yahoo DSL service and mail plus is part of that - which includes POP access. Guess that's why it works!

    The little extra is worth it imo. Now I just need to figure out how to not download mail sent to my bulk mail folder.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by rudychow


    I'm not a Sprint customer.
    Could anyone post a link to the moblie portal?
    Thanks.
    The URL I provided is the mobile portal. It will work whether you are with Sprint or are not, but Sprint customers actually get sent to a different site when we use the URL. You can verify this by bringing up the site using the treo, and bring up the same site on a PC. They will be different.
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    call me crazy, but I'm accessing my Yahoo mail through snappermail just fine. Here are the settings:

    Incoming
    POP3 Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
    username - yahoo username
    password - yahoo password

    Outgoing
    SMTP server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    username - yahoo username
    password - yahoo password

    I can send and receive with no problem, no fees.
    This actually doesn't work unless you're paying. I just tried it.

    When you try to access Yahoo's POP server with your username and password, it will deny access and fire off an e-mail to your account telling you you need to sign up and pay in order to use POP and SMTP.

    Too bad, though.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by lnichols


    The URL I provided is the mobile portal. It will work whether you are with Sprint or are not, but Sprint customers actually get sent to a different site when we use the URL. You can verify this by bringing up the site using the treo, and bring up the same site on a PC. They will be different.
    erm, i meant the vision mobile portal.
    any links?
    thanks.

Posting Permissions