1.    #1  
    Hiya all,

got my Treo 600 from Orange (UK)., i think it's great of course.
    They have agreed to unlock it, provided i pay 12 months line rental upfront.
    (the unlocking team said they will get back to me within 7-10 days).

I'm running OS X, have Palm Desktop 4.1,
    the syncing works fine.
    My questions are: (and yes I have tried the manual...)

QUESTION 1.
    once I've taken a picture how do I get it out via hot-sync so that i can look at it on my powerbook?
    (i can move it from the handheld to the SD card and back no problem).

QUESTION 2.
    is there an easy way to upload midi tones from the computer to the handheld,
    (I can midi's via browsing the web from Treo600 but i want to grab the stuff on my powerbook)

thanks in advance
    In order to get a picture onto your Mac, you can use the Camera app and move the picture to an SD card. Then, using an SD card reader on the Mac, it is in a DCIM directory on the card (in both JPEG and PBMP formats, it seems).

Alternately, you can e-mail it to your desktop computer's e-mail address from the phone.

As for moving MIDI files to the handheld, I haven't found a way to do this directly yet, but one thing that should work would be if you have access to a web server (either using your machine's web serving ability and knowing its public IP address or by using something like .Mac or an ISP-provided service), you can put the MIDI files up on the web server with your Mac and download them by going to your web site on the phone.
  3.    #3  
    thanks,

- pics
    unfortunately i don't have a card reader, i might buy one, for this purpose, any recommendations?
    (although it shouldn't really be necessary seeing as we are hotsyncing anyway right)

- midi
    yeah, i can do that but it's costly since i pay for GPRS traffic by the bit under my plan with Orange.
    Originally posted by fist_of_death
    - pics
    unfortunately i don't have a card reader, i might buy one, for this purpose, any recommendations?
    (although it shouldn't really be necessary seeing as we are hotsyncing anyway right)
    If you have a laptop, PNY Technologies has a pretty inexpensive 4-in-1 PC Card that can read SD and MMC along with Smart Media and Memory Stick. If you have a desktop, there are several card readers that would work, and it really depends on your usage. I have one from Acom Data that can take all the forms of the 4-in-1 in addition to Type 1 and Type 2 Compact Flash cards. If you only need to read SD cards, there are some small ones that attach directly to the USB port (no cable) as well as some cabled desktop readers.

If you move the picture to the card and do a HotSync, then I suppose the JPEG version on the card (if you've moved it there) might get included in the backup that is done (though I'm not set up to HotSync at the moment to test this, and I don't tend to HotSync really often.

- midi
    yeah, i can do that but it's costly since i pay for GPRS traffic by the bit under my plan with Orange.
    That would be an issue...

It looks like the file MIDI Ring Tones.pdb in the backup contains records with the MIDI file data in them. It would probably be possible for someone to write a utility that would allow adding things to this file on the Mac, but I don't know if one already exists. I was able to look at the file on Mac OS X with PalmFileEdit (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/palmfileedit/).