1. MrH
    I was just flipping through the Handspring site (at a very late/early hour) depending on how you want to look at it.

In any case...I found the following on the HS Treo 600 FAQ:

Question:

What happens if I get a voice call while I'm accessing the Treo 600 data features (email, web browsing)?

Answer:
    If you have an active data connection (you are actively sending/receiving data), then all incoming calls go directly to voice mail.

Once the voicemail message is left, you will get an alert telling you that you have a message.

--------

Now I thought that the GSM/GPRS version was a Class 10, Class B unit that would show you that a call was coming in and allow you to take it, if taken the GPRS session would be put on hold?

Can anyone that has used a GSM/GPRS unit confirm that the GPRS Class 10, Class B functionality is actually in place? I'd hate to have my unit checking mail every 10 mins and then not have calls come through.

M@
    I think that FAQ refers to the cdma version of the Treo600...that's exactly how it works on the Sprint Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. MrH
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I think that FAQ refers to the cdma version of the Treo600...that's exactly how it works on the Sprint Treo600...
    Yikes...glad I'm a GSM user...I'd be surfing all the time that no one would ever get through to me if that was the case...

M@
    Originally posted by MrH

Yikes...glad I'm a GSM user...I'd be surfing all the time that no one would ever get through to me if that was the case...

M@
    Yeah, that pretty much blow imo...but I'ld uch rather have 1xrtt speeds that gprs! Also, that only applies to 'active' data connections. Thus when you have non-active data connections, the call goes through as normal. When your surfing etc, you are not constantly downloading data. This is why its important to get a good drop net manager like Treohelper ported to the Treo600 whic will allow you to specify timerames to drop active connections... Overall, the dual data+voice functionality is one of the advantages of GPRS over CDMA 1xrtt...however 1xEvDo(v) will solve this problem since it will also allow dual data+voice...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions