1.    #1  
    I recieved the Nutshell case for the Treo 600 today. It's the same as the one for the Treo300. As a matter of fact the Treo 300 fits in it. It is TOO wide. Just thought I would pass this along.
    Sure you didn't accidentally just get a Treo 300 case? That's what is sound's like to me.
  3.    #3  
    Well I ordered the Treo 600 case. The case number is the 203 on the invoice.
    I just got mine in the mail and it is very snug. I tried to insert my 300 and I can't w/o probably ripping it. Sounds like they sent you the wrong one. With the belt loop I've found this to be the best solution.
    Link?
    I ordered the Nutshell 203 case as well. I recieved the correct on (ie the 300 will not fit). Unfortunatly it is actualy the same case as the one for the Treo 300. Nutshell just double stitched the sides to make it more snug. I am over all very disapointed, because the Treo600 is much slimmer/sexier than the 300, and yet when its on my belt it looks exactly the same
    I just received my Nutshell case for the Treo 600. First of all, it arrived in record time from NZ to California-4 days! That being said, I would have to agree that this case is very nice but the width is slightly disappointing. the Treo 600 is this awesome form factor. But I'm putting it in a case that was originally designed for the Treo 300. As such, it looks pretty wide. The double stitching on the sides (1/8 of an inch on each isde) makes the fit snug but not perfect.

I'm planning on visiting my local shoe repair shop to have an additional line of stitching placed an extra 1/8" in on each side. I've examined the case and I believe this is possible. Any more and the repair guy would have to stitch over the soft insert which makes it quite a bit thicker and difficult to stitch. I believe this will be a truly snug fit at first but will loosen up slighly over time.

As for the SD card at the top popping out everytime you take out or put in the Treo 600, I've learned to grab the unit by the sides when pulling it out and using my thumb when pushing it back into the case to prevent the SD card from popping out.
    Last edited by sbpooch; 10/24/2003 at 12:26 AM.
    I just received my alleged Treo 600 holster from Nutshell and I concur with those of you who are not satisfied with this product. In fact, I am PISSED! I have been such a HUGE advocate of Nutshell and I have personally turned about a dozen people on to their products.
    HOWEVER, when I spend $60 (with no loop and a pocket added) on a product and I get an outdated version with two seems sewn up up side, I feel that I have been SCREWED! I feel that this company has stolen my money. I already have a Nushell Treo 300 holster....I can go buy a sewing machine for less than $60 and sew the seems on myself. Are you kidding me.
    My choices: 1) go and have the item altered as a previous poster has done (another $20 or more?)
    2) send this sham of a product back to Nutshell, sew a couple of threds into my old 300 holster and use it
    or
    3) throw it in a drawer and use the slip case that comes with the phone (outside of no assurance that the treo will remain secure, it is far and away more functional than the Nutshell case).
    Sorry for the rant...OUT
    jh
    OK, I just spent $10 to have my Nutshell 203 case taken in on the sides. It looks great, the way it should for the Treo 600. But the fit is very tight. Due to the soft insert on the front and the plastic or cardboard insert on the back, there isn't much room to by pliable. But I'm sure with a little wear and stretching, it should be fine.

So overall, nice case, but I would only buy it if you don't mind the case *looking* wider than it should. I don't reccommend making the alterations that I did since it is too snug right off the bat. If I can stretch it out enough, then maybe...
    I also just returned from my friendly neighborhood alteration man...for $6, he sewed two additional seems about 1/16" inside the others and it resulted in a tighter fit. I trimmed the excess leather and the holster is now MUCH more acceptable.

I did notice that there was a post from a Nutshell rep on another thred and he explained that the #203 is, in fact, the same model as Treo 300 holster and that a incidental benefit is that the #203 holster should hold the 600 when the extended life battery is in place....I feel a little less lied to now.

Even though I do not retract the earlier post and I do think that $60 warrants a case that is specifically designed for the 600, I can say that my interactions with Nutshell have always been favorable and I still think that their products surpass any other in QUALITY. The KIWIS are cool, I only wish that they would return to the R&D dept. and produce a second version of the Treo 600 case.
    No more rants...today
    OUT
    jh
    1/16" on each side sounds perfect. 1/8" on each side is too much and results in the case being too snug. Since I had the guy trim the edges, there is no going back. So I did the next best thing- I took a stitch ripper and removed the stitches from one side, ripped out the plastic insert on the back, and ripped out the softer half size insert on the back as well. The result is a much softer case that fits the 600 perfectly! This was too much work though. I think I'm going to design my own freakin case. Actually, once a proper plastic holster comes out, I won't have to mess with leather cases anymore!
    OH, my last point to make.....
    I prefer to hold my T in my pocket and not on a belt. So, if you do not mind the look of a bulkier product on your hip, go for this case. However, if function is higher on your list and you are looking for in-the-pocket protection, this holster makes for a bulky pocket. And again, with my recent alterations, it has become much more acceptable.
    OUT
    jh
    OH, my last point to make.....
    I prefer to hold my T in my pocket and not on a belt. So, if you do not mind the look of a bulkier product on your hip, go for this case. However, if function is higher on your list and you are looking for in-the-pocket protection, this holster makes for a bulky pocket. And again, with my recent alterations, it has become much more acceptable.
    OUT
    jh