1.    #1  
    (repost) Traded up from my 300 and just got my 600 yesterday. Went thru all the installs of new palm desktop per intructions. The 600 won't sync (it starts, but never gets past identifying user). Everything else on the 600 seems normal. I know the USB works fine since my old 300 syncs right up with the new software. I've tried the registry cleaner, reinstalling, resetting, changing names, nothing works. Any fine member out there have a solution?
    Check your physical connections carefully.
    Restart your pc. Better still, shut it down and then start it.
    Then soft reset the Treo 600.
    Try synching again.
    That usually does it.

If that fails, re-install the software that came on the Treo 600 CD.

Beyond that you may have a deeper problem. Call HS support.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you kind member for your suggestions. However still no luck. It errors out that the connection was lost. Think this must be software related. Someone must have had this problem.
    I had a similar problem and it turned out to be caused by PDANet. if you have it running, make sure to disable it or, better yet, uninstall it since you need a new version to woek with the 600.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Silverado, but I don't have that app. The device is pretty much virgin since I havn't been able to sync (I was able to IR over my contacts from the 300). Guess we'll see if she'll work with the office puter so I can get my calendar on.
    I meant if you had PDANet installed on the PC, not the Treo. PDANet has to play nice with Hotsync and the old version it isn't able to do that with the version of Hotsync that comes with the 600. In my case it prevented my laptop from syncing until I disabled it
    Just for the record, I have this problem , and have done everything I can think of, including reinstall of software, hard reset, etc. Nothing works!
    Quote Originally Posted by poorschmuck
    (repost) Traded up from my 300 and just got my 600 yesterday. Went thru all the installs of new palm desktop per intructions. The 600 won't sync (it starts, but never gets past identifying user). Everything else on the 600 seems normal. I know the USB works fine since my old 300 syncs right up with the new software. I've tried the registry cleaner, reinstalling, resetting, changing names, nothing works. Any fine member out there have a solution?
    Just a quick question, you mentioned it stops at identifying user... on your PC, did you select the username and hit ok?
    Try starting the Hot Sync application and launching it from the on-screen buttion instead of the hardware button on the cable or cradle.
    I had a panic 3 or 4 hours not being able to hotsync when my Orange(UK) Treo 600 arrived. Not being funny, but the solution for me was so easy I nearly cracked up. All I did to fix the problem was... Tap the hotsync icon on your treo, Push menu button, Tap Connection Setup, Click New, Name it Hotsync with a captial 'H', Connect to PC via Cradle/Cable, Click Ok, Click Done, Plug in the cable to your treo and pc, tap the Hotsync icon (or push the button on the cable). If that doesnt work, search the forums for checking your USB ports, theres a registry entry that tells you if your USB ports are knacked and a remedy for fixing them.
    Try deleting your UserName and number with the 'shortcut simbol'.5

With this command you delete your hotsync information stores in your PDA

If you use the 'shortcut simbol'.4 for view your hotsync information (Name and Number)

Put this shortcuts in any text fields.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks to all for your suggestions. I have had no problems hotsyncing with two other PCs running XP. My home computer OS is Me, so the problem is not with the Treo or software, or the settings, there is some conflict with Me that I can't seem to resolve. (Although it did just fine with the Treo 300). So problem not solved but worked around. If anyone else encountered a problem with Me, maybe they figured it out.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same problem (I can sync with other computers).
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by poorschmuck
    Just a couple of thoughts,

This my be rather obvious but the sync cable for my T300 and my T600 were NOT the same. Although they looked the same (however, they had different part numbers) my T300 sync cable rarely worked correctly with T600.

Further, what platform and/or OS are you syncing to? ie: Mac or PC?