Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    http://www.pdaapps.com/Treo600SMS/

Only works with Sprint. $19.95.
    Last edited by AirData; 10/18/2003 at 10:15 PM.
    broken link?

-christopher
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Fixed link above...
    Great. How did you find it? I can't even find a link to it anywhere on their site...

-christopher
    Greetings,

I know this thread should go into Communications or Software discussion. But I need to catch this while I can.

I tried to un-install the older version of TreoSMS off my T600....It won't leave."Unable to delete Treo300SMS"...HELP...I been waiting on this upgrade for weeks..Any suggestions??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I tried to un-install the older version of TreoSMS off my T600....It won't leave."Unable to delete Treo300SMS"...HELP...I been waiting on this upgrade for weeks..Any suggestions??
    Two suggestions. First, you may want to use a program like Filez to dump the offending program once and for all.

Or, you could backup to an SD card (using a program like BackupMan), and then restore only selected files frm the backup, leaving out Treo300SMS files from the restore list.

Let us know if this helps. If not, there are other options you can try.
    Thanks for the response...where can I find "FILEZ"

IGo
    I installed it just now. Again, as always, the gang there at PDAApps does great work. I used Treo300SMS all the time, and this one is even better. It totally makes use of the chat function on the 600. Great app. Buy it now. No need to wait for Sprint - plus, who knows how badly they'll kluge up SMS, in their usual manner....
    Try Disabling it first, then do a soft reset. You should be able to delete it after that.
    Enable box not checked......even went to the Handspring folder in my computer and deleted the files (2 of them) in the backup folder so that it would not reinstall when i resynch.....HELP!!!

IGo

PS Gettting same error with TreoAlert Manager...both from PDAAPS. Both older versions are not deleting.
    Loaded Treo600SMS.

When I try to send an SMS, I get "An error occurred (19) when sending this message".

I installed and authenticated without a problem. Anyone else having problems with this app?

thanks in advance,
    Nick
    I AM...CANNOT DELETE OLD VERSION OFF T600.....AAGGGGGHHHHH!

IGO
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    I AM...CANNOT DELETE OLD VERSION OFF T600.....AAGGGGGHHHHH!

IGO
    How about when you do a hard reset and delete the application both from your backup & archive folder?
    Maybe you should send an email to PDAApps and see what they say? I had no trouble deleting the Treo300SMS programs from my 600 after I sync'd for the first time. I am checking out Treo600SMS, I found out about it just by popping an email off to them. They answered in less than a day (today Fri, Oct 18). They told me that Treo600SMS is still in beta:

Original Message *********

We have Treo600SMS in Beta right now. It is available at http://www.pdaapps.com/Treo600SMS/

Sorry, but there is no upgrade path from Treo300 to Treo600SMS. These are two totally different applications, and have required a complete rewrite.

PDAapps Team

End Message **********

I haven't been able to do any in depth testing, but from the get go, it does appear to have perfect integration with all the 600's built in MO - SMS software, such as chat-threads, direct messaging from the contact list, and all sorts of interactivity with the SMS messages themselves (hyperlinked telephone #s, email, internet links, etc). The software built in is pretty good stuff! The only thing I am worried about is performance, especially with intercarrier messages.
    Well, right after installing it, I sent my son (on AT&T Wireless) a test message, and he replied right back. So, inter-carrier messaging is working.
    trying to make a hard reset the last option. No trace of PDAAPS SMS in either folder....archives or backup.....

IGO

update: Doing a hard reset!!
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/18/2003 at 11:46 PM.
    Originally posted by baguion
    Loaded Treo600SMS.

When I try to send an SMS, I get "An error occurred (19) when sending this message".

I installed and authenticated without a problem. Anyone else having problems with this app?

thanks in advance,
    Nick
    Do you have a shortlist already established on the SPCS website? You MUST delete this list or you will get these errors.
    This might be a stupid question but, what is the difference between chatting and SMS?
    Ok....doing a resynch with the new version...I still have my old license code that is still valid.....but I forgot what "address" i have to use . Is it (phone# )@sprintmessaging.com?..or what??

iGo

Got it installed....and enabled. Just need to get my license and reg info from them again. But this is a "trial" version and everytime I try to launch it....the phone does a soft reset.....
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/19/2003 at 12:06 AM.
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Ok....doing a resynch with the new version...I still have my old license code that is still valid.....but I forgot what "address" i have to use . Is it (phone# )@sprintmessaging.com?..or what??

iGo
    It is <phone-number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast