Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Ok....doing a resynch with the new version...I still have my old license code that is still valid.....but I forgot what "address" i have to use . Is it (phone# )@sprintmessaging.com?..or what??

iGo
    xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Sprint's website is down...can anyone confirm???

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Confirmed
    OK...was able to get it working.....sent myself a message....came back like three seconds later. Just need to get it registered again.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

IGO

Update: Sent PDAAPS an email 12:30am.....ya know I got a response back 15 minutes later!!!! WOW ..Now that's tech support!!!

GO TREO600
    GO www.pdaapps.com!!
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/19/2003 at 12:35 AM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Being an ATT convert to Sprint... I am unfamiliar with SMS... is this the same as "text messaging"?

Thanks
    I've been using this since the beta was announced and it works great. not one problem yet!

Josh
    I still get soft reset if I use the SMS.. then go to phone app... then turn off wireless mode.. it says Goodbye and then soft resets... doesn't happen all the time though.

Mike
    I downloaded TreoSMS600 yesterday. One thing I have notices is that you cant reply to messages directly. When I click "Respond" it only give me the option of forwarding the message. Is anyone else getting this, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I still get soft reset if I use the SMS.. then go to phone app... then turn off wireless mode.. it says Goodbye and then soft resets... doesn't happen all the time though.

Mike
    I've never had a need to turn off the wireless service so I can't confirm this.

Josh
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Error 19 is the result of having the 1 before the number you are messaging.
    The SMS server only accepts 10 digit #'s I.E 917-308-0909
    Not 1-917-308-0909

2 Options

1. Everytime you send an SMS from the contacts list you will have to manually delete the 1- before the number.

2. In the Contacts Options Menu, select Dial Preferences and uncheck the "Always Dial 1 in front of the area code" and all your #'s will conform

For me it seems that the 1 is not necessary for calls to go thru
    If you need the 1 for your service then you have to use option 1

I heard there will be a fix for this soon from PDAApps it's a bug
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I installed it just now. Again, as always, the gang there at PDAApps does great work. I used Treo300SMS all the time, and this one is even better. It totally makes use of the chat function on the 600. Great app. Buy it now. No need to wait for Sprint - plus, who knows how badly they'll kluge up SMS, in their usual manner....
    The publisher's website says that sms messages beyond the sprint system can be hugely delayed - for hours at a time, which basically robs sms of it's value if it is not reliable.

What is your experience?
    Does anyone have a problem sending more than one message from T600SMS ? I send the same message to two recipients and one of them never goes through. I get the whole "Sprint SMS is not turned on message". One works fine though.

Josh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12