Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After reading a previous thread about the IPOD case working for the 600, I went out and got one. Comparing it to the Handspring "side case" for $29.99, the $39.99 IPOD case is FAR superior. I highly recommend it.

Again, just my 2 cents.
    which case are you referring to?

I'd appreciate a model number if possible, there are a few different kinds of iPod cases.
  3.    #3  
    Part #M9129G/A - $39.00
    here is a list of ipod cases. If anyone has tried certain ones, please say which ones.

Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/rgfh
    Originally posted by pcsnpixels
    here is a list of ipod cases. If anyone has tried certain ones, please say which ones.

Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/rgfh
    I have the OEM side case from HS and this IPOD case

IPOD CASE

To be short and sweat about it the side case still has the foam in it and the IPOD case is my daily driver. It is a PERFECT fit!

See it here

http://www.azdatatek.com/Photos/treocase.jpg
    Last edited by zipdrive007; 10/18/2003 at 09:32 PM.
    Zipdrive007,

Tell me about the clip on the iPod case: does it detach (meaning that you can separate the case from the clip, leaving the clip on your belt), and is there anything on the clip part that keeps it from sliding out of your belt? The last clip I used was like a money clip, i.e., a flat piece of spring metal, and it slid out from my belt all the time.
    Regards,

Robert
    I also went and got one of these the other day. It's basically the same as the ship-with the 600 slip case, but with a clip - very nice.
    Zip - the clip does have a little hook on the inside bottom portion, to make sure it stays hooked on. Someone will probably post a good close-up pic.
    I do have one very small issue with this case - it seems a <little> tight on the 600. In fact - I noticed after one day of use that the little rubber grip dudes on the back corners of my 600 were starting to come out a little bit, after pulling the 600 out of the case a few times. So I am using a little ox of staples to 'train' the Ipod case to a little larger size. Hope that does the trick.....
    I just got a all blace smooth finish neoprene case from bodyglove at CompUsa... it's a snug side loading (like the HS case) and has a velvet interior. Very nice, all things considered ($14.99). Clip is Heavy duty. Again... very nice.

reelflint
    I stole my wife's case that came with her iPod (she does not use the case). It is a perfect fit. It looks like it was made for Treo 600 and matches the color nicely. It is the later iPod. I suspect the earlier iPod cases might be too loose as the older iPods are deeper.
    The only problem with the iPod case is that the latch thing is glued on supposedly. At macnn.com, the iPod case was the cause of a few broken iPods when the little clip part detatched from the case and the case fell to the hard ground, in one case a floor below when someone was on a balcony. In either event, there is MY two cents about the iPod case, just in case you are thinking about going running with this thing or anything.

Rey :)
    I agree with the many favorable comments on the iPod case. I'm using one that came with my wife's second-generation iPod, and it is great. It is slightly bigger than the slip case included with the Treo, but is still snug. I think the 3rd generation iPod is slimmer, so those that have commented on the case being too snug may be using 3g iPod cases. I think both are available at the Apple store.

Only drawback (for some people) is that this case lacks a hole in the bottom for the sync cable (though I would imagine 3rd generation iPod cases may have this feature. Also, some folks just can't bring themselves to buy an Apple product, even though it's clearly the best option.
    I use my iPod case for my 600 and my 600 case for my iPod.

and still no hole in the bottom of the 3G iPod cases.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by reelflint
    I just got a all blace smooth finish neoprene case from bodyglove at CompUsa... it's a snug side loading (like the HS case) and has a velvet interior. Very nice, all things considered ($14.99). Clip is Heavy duty. Again... very nice.

reelflint
    I have this case too. Very nice and protects the Treo well.
    IMO the ipod case is crap. Doesn't swivel, rubs against the 600, no secure strap. For the money ($7.95), the Belkin case from Wal-Mart is awesome!
    Does anyone have a link to or a part number for the Bodyglove side-loading case?

I don't see it on the Comp USA site or anywhere else when I search for it.

From this and other threads is sound like a good case and one I'd like to check out.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I ordered the Bellagio Case but in the mean time I need something to protect my baby. I picked up that same Body Glove side case today at CompUSA. Fits like a charm and at least she has some protection from me and my fumble fingers.
    I tossed the container it came it but the receipt says, "305901"
    and describes it as, "Fell T-Mobile Side" for 14.99.
    Hope that helps.
    Attaching a pic of the phone in the case.
    Last edited by fairoasis; 10/22/2003 at 01:09 PM.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Pics with the old 5300
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    And last but not least, a side view.
    Originally posted by beergeek
    Does anyone have a link to or a part number for the Bodyglove side-loading case?

I don't see it on the Comp USA site or anywhere else when I search for it.

From this and other threads is sound like a good case and one I'd like to check out.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I think that I still have the box at home. I will look this evening and post the SKU number from the box (If my wife has not thrown it away). It is not available via the CompUSA website and Body Glove does not have it anywhere on thier site either. I don't know if BG doesn't make these anymore and CompUSA just has what is on the shelves or what.
    Forgot to adjust the size....hope yall have a magnifying glass, lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast