Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    i found this bug and was wondering if anybody can duplicate it:

    1. go to blazer
    2. launch a website from the bookmarks
    3. before the page is fully loaded press the center button

    when i do this my unit does a soft reset.. is it just mine?


    also, when i shake the treo 600 (lightly) i hear a rattling like a loose screw in there.. has anybody had this happen to them?

    i have not installed any SD cards and have not dropped it or anythign like that (have only had it for 2 days).

    thanks
    Beblawi
  2. #2  
    Unable to duplicate. Did you try dialing ##377 to see why you had a reset?
  3. #3  
    did it for me too
  4. #4  
    I don't have a T600 yet, but others have stated that the rattling sound is from the on/off switch for the radio on the top of the T600.

    HTH,

    Mike
  5. #5  
  6. #6  
    I got the same bug. I dialed the error number and it stated

    A reset was caused on 10/18/2003 at 20:22 while running "Web": Fatal Exception
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by christopher
    I got the same bug. I dialed the error number and it stated

    A reset was caused on 10/18/2003 at 20:22 while running "Web": Fatal Exception
    that is the reason i get too.
    Beblawi
  8. #8  
    same here. soft reset with the same error.
  9. #9  
    I read somewhere that the blazer's "web" prefernce files could be corrupt, so you would have to delete then from your palm backup files then re-sync. Don't quote me on that though, if you do a search you could probably find it here
  10. #10  
    i'll add a me too... get the soft reset on Blazer
  11. #11  
    Yeah, I have noticed a couple of soft resets while working in Blazer. Today it reset while I was simply entering in a URL to go to. Before I even hit "OK", the thing reset on me. Totally weird! If indeed this is being caused by some corrupt blazer pref files that were sync'd from our old T300 onto the new 600, then perhaps we need to figure out a way to correct this bad data that got sync'd?
  12. #12  
    does the bug still apear after you do a HARD reset?
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by MikeK2
    I don't have a T600 yet, but others have stated that the rattling sound is from the on/off switch for the radio on the top of the T600.

    HTH,

    Mike
    Really! That would annoy the heck out of me personally...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. #14  
    I get the same reset in Blazer.....don't mind it as much as the rattling. It sounds like there is a screw that has come undone in there. As for Blazer, I am sure there will be a fix out shortly.
  15. #15  
    The reset is crazy!
    I get it too except before it reset i got a text entry box that poped up with a bunch of gibberish in it and an ok button which when pressed, did a soft reset of the device.

    I did get a slightly different error however - I got the standard "reset caused on x date and x time wile running web" but I did not get the fatal exception identifier - I get "memoryMgr.c, Line:3642, Non-word-aligned handle" instead.

    Wierd.
  16. #16  
    The rattling is just the on/off key. put your finger over the key and shake the phone. you shouldn't hear the rattling any longer.
  17. #17  
    Solution for treo rattle problem.

    - don't shake your treo about?

    Am I missing something?
  18. macfan's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #18  
    You guys remind me of the old joke about the guy who went to the doctor complaining that it hurt when he did something unusual. The doctor's cure was to tell the guy not to do that.

    macfan
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by beblawi
    i found this bug and was wondering if anybody can duplicate it:

    1. go to blazer
    2. launch a website from the bookmarks
    3. before the page is fully loaded press the center button

    when i do this my unit does a soft reset.. is it just mine?


    also, when i shake the treo 600 (lightly) i hear a rattling like a loose screw in there.. has anybody had this happen to them?

    i have not installed any SD cards and have not dropped it or anythign like that (have only had it for 2 days).

    thanks


    uhmmm not quite...can't seem to find any of that...have you tried using a ## code to see why it reset?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  20. #20  
    I get the same bug and error message using Blazer.

    Separately, I also get a reset when I try to send a SMS message.

    • 1. Goto the SMS application
      2. Click New
      3. Click the drop-down arrow next to the To: field
      4. Click Lookup in Contacts
      5. Select a contact's mobile number
      6. (This is where the reset occurs)


    The system error log reports the following:

    A reset was caused on 10/19/03 at 6:05 pm while running "Contacts":

    MemoryMgr.c, Line:3760, Invalid chunk ptr
    Sometimes the application says SMS instead of Contacts, but the rest of the error is the same. I've also been able to cause Klondike to perform a reset, but sporadically. Unfortunately, I didn't note the error log information.

    I noticed someone else also posted an error message involving MemoryMgr. Houston, we have a problem...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions