Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    OK so the TC store is about to start selling the cradle and I want one but I don't understand if my Treo will get charged while in the cradle since they mention and are selling a wall charger cable that appears to be needed as well.

    Can't you just use the wall charger that already comes w/the T600?

    I mean, is Handspring really trying to sell me ANOTHER wall charger just because I want to use thier cradle?

    So $399 for the phone - 29.95 for the cradle - 16.95 for the wall charger - 29.95 for the CAR charger, 5.95 for the audio adapter - $60 for a 128 Meg SD card - 20 for a SD reader/writer - and who knows how much for all the shipping and nevermind all the associated software costs, and monthly fees from Sprint! AAAAAARRRRGHHH - is there any end to how much money I'm going to need to sink into this phone to make it convenient to use?!? I'm surprised that we don't have to pay for the camera separately - actually - they probably wanted to but figured they'd better not since it's of fairly poor quality....

    OK - so getting off my soapbox now - does anyone know for sure if I gotta buy this charger for the cradle?

    Thx.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by derek985
    OK so the TC store is about to start selling the cradle and I want one but I don't understand if my Treo will get charged while in the cradle since they mention and are selling a wall charger cable that appears to be needed as well.

    Can't you just use the wall charger that already comes w/the T600?

    I mean, is Handspring really trying to sell me ANOTHER wall charger just because I want to use thier cradle?

    So $399 for the phone - 29.95 for the cradle - 16.95 for the wall charger - 29.95 for the CAR charger, 5.95 for the audio adapter - $60 for a 128 Meg SD card - 20 for a SD reader/writer - and who knows how much for all the shipping and nevermind all the associated software costs, and monthly fees from Sprint! AAAAAARRRRGHHH - is there any end to how much money I'm going to need to sink into this phone to make it convenient to use?!? I'm surprised that we don't have to pay for the camera separately - actually - they probably wanted to but figured they'd better not since it's of fairly poor quality....

    OK - so getting off my soapbox now - does anyone know for sure if I gotta buy this charger for the cradle?

    Thx.
    You should just be able to use the existing charger...

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  3. #3  
    I wondered that as well. But I either need to get another wall charger or take the cable home with me in the evenings because the cradle will stay at the office and I don't want to crawl under my desk and get it every day. So I bought one with the cradle. There must be some reason the cradle doesn't supply power or maybe there isn't.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
  4. #4  
    Isn't the cradle just the hard piece of plastic that holds the unit? Will it come with cables?

    I thought we would have to use our existing cable (that came with the treo) and plug it into the rear of the cradle (and then one end into the USB port and the other into the AC charger...

    Does anyone know what is actually included with the cradle?

    - Leo
  5. #5  
    The optional charger for the cradle is the one that comes already with the Treo 600. Personally, I like how Handspring packaged it this time around. The 600 cradle is now only $30 plus $15-$17 for a 2nd charger should you need one. The 300 cradle sold for $45 - $50 and included another charger in the box.

    So, the prices work out the same if you need a 2nd charger for your 600, if not, you can save yourself some money this time around.
  6. #6  
    I have been told that the cradle for the Treo 300 will not work on the Treo 600, but will the charger for the Treo 300 work with the Treo 600 Cradle?
  7. jwrogers's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'll be happy to use the included cable with the cradle, because I went and bought a BoxWave miniSync cable to charge the Treo when I travel. It looks like an awesome little self-retracting cable that will stay compact for travel and expand when needed.

    http://www.boxwave.com/
  8. #8  
    You can use the same charger,
    But for some reason the numnuts at handspring did't put a hole in the cradle for the headset jack on the bottom. I had to drill a hole in mine.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by wizzmerlin
    but will the charger for the Treo 300 work with the Treo 600 Cradle?
    Yes. The chargers are identical for both the T600 and T300.

    So those of you who had a T300 and didn't sell/give it away should already have a spare charger/sync cable available.

    Personally, I have been through several T300's due to breakage and each time I received a replacement unit, I also received the power/sync cords.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    The optional charger for the cradle is the one that comes already with the Treo 600. Personally, I like how Handspring packaged it this time around. The 600 cradle is now only $30 plus $15-$17 for a 2nd charger should you need one. The 300 cradle sold for $45 - $50 and included another charger in the box.

    So, the prices work out the same if you need a 2nd charger for your 600, if not, you can save yourself some money this time around.
    Excellent point. Saves those of us who dont' need the extra power cord some $.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by jwrogers
    I'll be happy to use the included cable with the cradle, because I went and bought a BoxWave miniSync cable to charge the Treo when I travel. It looks like an awesome little self-retracting cable that will stay compact for travel and expand when needed.

    http://www.boxwave.com/
    I didn't think beforehand to check "what's in the box" of the Sprint Treo 600 until after I had already I ordered from BoxWave. I also ordered the vehicle power charger direct from Handspring which I will return.
    Last edited by BustAGroove; 10/19/2003 at 11:46 AM.
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  12. jwrogers's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #12  
    Originally posted by BustAGroove


    Without thinking of checking the "what's in the box" of the Treo 600, I ordered the mini-synch charger, wall charger and car charger from Boxwave as well. I still unable to figure out what's actually in the box of the Treo 600. The Sprint Treo 600 User's Guide mentioned that USB Cable and A/C adapter.
    It's just a USB sync cable and a power cord that attaches to it.
  13. #13  
    BoxWave Accesories Order
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  14. #14  
    we don't need no stinkin' cradles!
    the boxwave mini-sync does the trick excellently.
  15. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #15  
    Does the BoxWave mini-sync for the Treo 600 have a hot sync button on it?
    Jeff
  16. #16  
    I think a cradle like Nokia's Music Stand would be neat to have on my office desk:

    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,5184,4560,00.html

    When will I see this for Treo 600? ;-)

    /Christopher

Posting Permissions