Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I am curious about launcher replacement programs, and have read good things about ZLauncher. I have installed the demo version on my T600. I haven't spent much time using it, but right away, I notice that the 5-way on the T600 doesn't work the way it does in the standard launcher system built in to the Treo. It doesn't quite work without the stylus! Since I am new, maybe there is a setting I need to change? Maybe ZZTechs (the makers of Zlauncher) are working on updating their software to better integrate with the T600? I love being able to use my T600 with one hands, makes getting things done on the go so fast! Is anyone else using ZLauncher, or maybe you have reccomendations of a better program to use?

    Thanks,
    e
  2. Ravi's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #2  
    You just need to press the button in the middle of the 5 way sw to get it to work!
    The only problem is that what used to look great on the Tungsten etc. looks very cowded and confusing on the T600. I reall had a hard time seeing what was going on - that lethal combination of low rezand the need to display a lot on screen made it impossible for me !
    If I could find a simple, clear theme for Zlauncher, I'd be happy....
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by ravi
    You just need to press the button in the middle of the 5 way sw to get it to work!
    The only problem is that what used to look great on the Tungsten etc. looks very cowded and confusing on the T600. I reall had a hard time seeing what was going on - that lethal combination of low rezand the need to display a lot on screen made it impossible for me !
    If I could find a simple, clear theme for Zlauncher, I'd be happy....
    I'm using the osX theme that is available on palmgear. Still not great but at least better than the default theme.
  4. arh1000's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have been using Zlauncher for 3 weeks and everything works great including 5 way nav. After 2 hours of configuring collors, here is what my screen looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #5  
    I'm looking for some general guidance in setting up Zlauncher.
    I assume low res theme?
    Which themes seem to work the best.
    Color setting? 64k or 256..
    Replies appreciated.
    Last edited by Bob VA; 10/29/2003 at 05:51 PM.
  6. #6  
    Hey Zoomer,
    I'm having the same trouble you are. Despite pressing the center 5-way button, I still can't get Zlauncher to work using the 5-way keypad. The only buttons that work are the up and down buttons.

    Are you now able to navigate?

    Anyone know what my problem is? I am using v3.61.

    thanks


    Edit:

    Hey All, I found the solution to my problem on another thread. I downloaded Zlauncher v3.70 and 5-way works like a charm. It's a beautiful thing.
    Last edited by rmk813; 11/05/2003 at 06:52 AM.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by arh1000
    I have been using Zlauncher for 3 weeks and everything works great including 5 way nav. After 2 hours of configuring collors, here is what my screen looks like.
    arh1000,

    Which theme are you using? I can't get mine to look like that.

    Could you kindly let me know where I can get your theme from?

    Many thanks.

    cywong.
  8. arh1000's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #8  
    Hey Cywong,

    Sorry it took me a while to reply but I have been travelling extensively!! I downloaded a theme called:

    ZLT_BlueHiCon_Std__64k from Palm HQ

    I then played with the background and tab colors for a while until it was just right. I hope this helps. Zlauncher is awesome.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by arh1000
    Hey Cywong,

    Sorry it took me a while to reply but I have been travelling extensively!! I downloaded a theme called:

    ZLT_BlueHiCon_Std__64k from Palm HQ

    I then played with the background and tab colors for a while until it was just right. I hope this helps. Zlauncher is awesome.
    Thanks for the reply.

    Do excuse my ignorance, but where is Palm HQ? I did a search on google and palmhq.com's site (if that's the one you are referring to) seems to have been removed.

    Alternatively, if at all possible and convenient to you, would appreciate it if you could e-mail me the file. My e-mail add is chow@ckinternational.com

    Thanks for your help.

    cywong.
  10. arh1000's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #10  
    Just go to

    http://www.palmgear.com

    and search on Zlauncher and the name of the theme in my previous post.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by arh1000
    Just go to

    http://www.palmgear.com

    and search on Zlauncher and the name of the theme in my previous post.
    That doesn't work. What you posted is the file name, you haven't provided the name of the theme. Palmgear doesn't let you search on file names.

    However, it turns out that you're using a theme that comes with ZLauncher. Well, almost. I've succesfully installed the ZLT_BlueHiCon_Std__256.prc that is included with the ZLauncher zip file, but I can't find the 64k version.

    Could you please try to dig in your memory where you found this version?

    Thanks.
  12. #12  
    Has anybody got the QuickLaunch Anywhere working? I'm using a trial version of McPhling but it looks like ZLauncher can do almost exactly the same thing, except for switching back to the previous app.

    I've checked the QuickLaunch Anywhere box. I'm assuming that the From and To settings are for a Graffiti swipe. I've assigned the Button to Hard Button #3 but the Quick List never appears, instead I get the app that is assigned in Treo Preferences/Buttons.

Posting Permissions