1.    #1  
    I am a Sprint customer who is 6 months outside of my original contract. I just switched my phone over to the TREO 600, without renewing my contract.

My question is: Would it be better to renew a one year contract now, and try to get a 100 dollar credit; or would it be better to wait until NOVEMBER, when the number portability law goes into effect and better deals may abound?

On an not unrelated note, I have a few SERIAL NUMBERS to sell; they are guaranteed to work. For TREOCENTRAL users I will sell them very cheaply.
    I would bet there will be tons of deals available after November. However, I probably would have waited until then to purchase the T600 as well...There was a great article about all the impending deals recently on the NYTs:

http://nytimes.com/2003/10/18/technology/18CELL.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Does the number portability law affect everyone? Or just those outside their contract? I'm still well within my 2 year agreement with no light at the end of the tunnel...

Then again...why on earth would I leave the 3G service arena?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Originally posted by yosemitesamiam
    Does the number portability law affect everyone? Or just those outside their contract? I'm still well within my 2 year agreement with no light at the end of the tunnel...

Then again...why on earth would I leave the 3G service arena?
    it effects the top 100 mobile markets/cities.

you can use it whil in contract, but your current provider can charge you the penalty for leaving. and they will probably charge you for the transfer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.