Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok I'm not as good as wireless-doc YET! but he's giving us something to "shoot" for.

http://thinkaccess.net/600photos/
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    Scott, I guess you could try to shoot at a lower resolution, but why?
    My reasoning: I'm woefully unimpressed with the shots I've seen at 640x480. Among the other issues, they're too soft. Rescaled to 320x240, they look sharp. So, I wouldn't want to "publish" them at 640x480, and would rather save the storage space and upload speed by just taking them at 320x240 initially, if the end result was the same. Could you try this out and post a couple samples?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    My reasoning: I'm woefully unimpressed with the shots I've seen at 640x480. Among the other issues, they're too soft. Rescaled to 320x240, they look sharp. So, I wouldn't want to "publish" them at 640x480, and would rather save the storage space and upload speed by just taking them at 320x240 initially, if the end result was the same. Could you try this out and post a couple samples?

Scott
    two settings:
    Large is 640 x 480
    Small is 160 x 120
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Originally posted by fairoasis
    I'd say considering these are taken with a phone/pda they are quite nice. I have a Zire 71 and a Sanyo 5300 that I currently use. The picture quality of both leave alot to be desired. After ordering my T6 I began reading all the bad reports of the camera capabilities. I thought to myself, "Just what I need, another device with a camera that sucks." I am now happy I ordered it.
    I'm looking forward to its arrival on Monday and seeing what all it really is capable of.
    The Zire 71 offers pictures as good as the Treo 600 if used properly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if both cameras are the same.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I took some random shots today while I was out.

I put them up in my picture site and show the 640x480 size then also the resized 320x240 size. Resized with Paint Shop Pro, and no other alterations done at all.

http://www.pbase.com/njchris/treo_600

I also put one up of my car using the unsharpen mask in paint shop pro.. which helps.
    Last edited by njchris; 10/19/2003 at 04:27 PM.
    It's good to know that the camera is decent, with enough practice. My shots have been mostly hit and miss, but then again, I'm not trying to catch the best lighting, etc...

Thanks, guys!!!
    I am by no means artistic but I'd like to share my T600 photos. I set up a moblog on textamerica just to goof around.

I shoot the photos directly to the SD card and then email them to textamerica as an attachment using Snappermail.

I think textamerica resizes the photos during upload to 400 x 300.

http://intractv.textamerica.com/
    Originally posted by jngai

The Zire 71 offers pictures as good as the Treo 600 if used properly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if both cameras are the same.
    can fairoasis or anybody confirm this one?
    picture in picture !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How are you determining what speed you are connected at? Is this upload or download speeds? I have trouble believing the rates seems mine seems much slower.

GM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12