Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am using Versamail 2.5 on my Treo 600 and am connecting to a corporate exchange server via IMAP/SSL. I tried to enable "auto get mail" and received an error that "Auto Get Mail is not available for accounts that require SSL"
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ibeplato
    I am successfully using Versamail 2.5 with my Treo 600 using IMAP/SSL (but not auto fetch).

it works fine with one exception, when I send a message I get an error that it can't move the message to the sent items folder. However the message is going out.

Has anyone else seen this?
    When you do an IMAP sync and it shows you the folders, double check what your "outbox" is called. Depending on the program it can be "Outbox" "Sent" "Sent Items", etc. I actually use a program that had a problem with the outbox once upon a time, and my outbox is called "Outbox.dup3" (even though it doesn't look like that in my mailbox - but the IMAP command shows the true folder name).

Also, make sure that you don't have thousands of items in your outbox. For me, somewhere over 5000 messages and IMAP programs (all of them, not just VersaMail) fail to put the send item into the outbox.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nhyatt
    I desperately want to see how Versamail 2.6 performs, but I've been very dissapointed with 2.5.

First, it's definetely not built for the five-way navigation, can't get around without using the finger or stylus. Annoying things like going to the next email message, or deleting the current message.

On the positive I've got it up and running, and the Outlook sync and imap support is definetely very cool.

But with autofetch not working (on a pre-release Tmobile GSM version) and the five-way jog dial problems I'm pretty dissapointed I spent the $35.

Snappermail is probably the best for now, although it doesn't satisfy everything.
    Well, Snappermail is very cool. But I simply can't use a POP program.

Since you mention that auto-fetch is not working on a "pre-release Tmobile GSM" version - I'm wondering if we should check the versions of those with auto-fetch troubles compared to those who aren't having troubles. Except for the few times I've mentioned, auto-fetch has worked flawlessly for me.

Firmware 2.02
    Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware B

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ibeplato
    I am using Versamail 2.5 on my Treo 600 and am connecting to a corporate exchange server via IMAP/SSL. I tried to enable "auto get mail" and received an error that "Auto Get Mail is not available for accounts that require SSL"
    I verified with Palm that this is "working as designed" although the technician couldn't give me a reason why VersaMail doesn't allow auto-fetch with SSL - nor could he give me any information on whether or not this will be available in a future release.

Danita
  5. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    when you use an IMAP-over-SSL client with the treo600, do you install a cert in the treo600 to uniquely identify it? so that the IMAP server can reject connection attempts from j. random bad-guy?
    Originally posted by Danitaz

I verified with Palm that this is "working as designed" although the technician couldn't give me a reason why VersaMail doesn't allow auto-fetch with SSL - nor could he give me any information on whether or not this will be available in a future release.

Danita
    Danita - did you happen to ask them when Versamail 2.6 will be available for the masses?

Also (being as you are the Groupwise guru), is there any way to sync folders within the Groupwise "cabinet"?

thanks,
    Yvonne
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by itsyvonne

Danita - did you happen to ask them when Versamail 2.6 will be available for the masses?

Also (being as you are the Groupwise guru), is there any way to sync folders within the Groupwise "cabinet"?

thanks,
    Yvonne
    They won't tell me much of anything - those PalmOne dudes <g> - I've never met such a closed mouth group in my life! I'm usually good at getting all of these developers to talk <g>.

As for the folders, this is one thing that VersaMail is kinda dumb about. You can "create" the subfolders in VersaMail and you can "get new mail" for those folders, but you can't "sync" them. However, if you move a message into one of those folders from another folder on the Palm, it will move on the master when you sync the Palm changes! And it will get new messages that you put in those subfolders, but only if you open the folder on the Palm and choose Get Mail. Sooooooo - what that means is this:

1. You can have a copy of all mail in a subfolder on your Palm if you manually go get it.

2. You can move messages into the subfolders and they will replicate to the master.

3. Messages deleted from the subfolder on the Master will not delete on the Palm.

Fun huh? It's "close" but I would really love the master>device deletion syncs too. Guess you need to delete them all on the Palm <g>.

To create one of these folders, just create a new folder called:

Cabinet/Whatever

I tell it to create on the master too (even if it's always there) and it works.

FWIW.

Danita
    any chance to have one? I would hate spending the money and have the same problems that are reported here.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by headshot
    any chance to have one? I would hate spending the money and have the same problems that are reported here.
    Nope - there is no eval copy anywhere to be had. I ended up just buying it.

Danita
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12