Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see an underscore _ character on the Treo600. Is there a way to get it?
    Hit "Option" key and S to bring up the hyphen, then hit the "Alt" key and it will bring up a list of characters you can choose. The underscore will be the first highlighted one available. When you select the one you want hit the center of the nav and the hyphen will be replaced by the character you chose.
    Originally posted by Mr Man
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see an underscore _ character on the Treo600. Is there a way to get it?
    Just press the Option key and press "'s", then press the Alt key and you will get a list of the special characters for "-" which the underscore "_" is included. Select the "_" and you're on your way.

Hope this helps.
    ive been looking around for this one for a while, too!
    Originally posted by treobk214
    ive been looking around for this one for a while, too!
    You mean it's not in the manual?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget

You mean it's not in the manual?
    Page 35 of the User's Guide.
    Manual? Cold, Gadget, cold.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Manual? Cold, Gadget, cold.
    Hey, I was just asking...it wouldn't be the first time something wasn't documented.

But RTFM did come to mind.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Not only are the special characters listed in the manual (at least they are in the UK manual), but if you are in an application which makes use of the keyboard, you can pick Keyboard Help from the Edit menu to bring up a list of them (well, a lot of them) as well.
    Alright lets see if this is possible. How do you type the "_" underscore symbol? I could not find it. My assigned chatter password has an "_" symbol in it and the only way I could input the password is to hot sync it from my notebook to the T600's memo app and do a copy and paste.
    Type a - (option s) then hit the alt key. It will bring up a drop down of other characters you can insert, the default selected one is _.
    Here's one way.

At the point you'd like to insert the underscore hit:

Menu
    Edit
    Keyboard

This will bring up the on-screen keyboard. The select:

abc
    Shift

Then the "-" sign will turn into a "_" sign. Which you then click on and it will insert the underscore.
    You might also be interested in KeyCaps600 which allows you to capitalize letters or use punctuation without using shift or option keys.

http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

a very helpful thread about the program and its ongoing development and features:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ycapshack.html
    Ok I KNOW this has been answered before, but I cant find it anywhere. How do you type an underline on the Treo 600? Something so simple, can really be difficult sometimes.

Thanks in advance
    Press option+s then alt button. Scroll down to down to underscore and select.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I prefer KeyCaps600.

Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/zoxm

With this app, instead of a two keystrokes (Opt + S), you just do a double keypress of S. In fact, with KeyCaps600, a single press gives you the lower case letter, a press and hold gives you the upper case letter, and a double press gives you the "Opt" letter for that button. For the fancier characters, a double press plus the "Alt" button gives you a menu of characters that you can scroll and choose from. I think KeyCaps600 is so intuitive that it is absolutely essential for the Treo.

Also: is everybody aware that the "Alt" characters for the semicolon gives you a menu of smiley faces, ready for insertion into your text, email? For example, if you press Opt + K + Alt, you get a list of smileys. :-D

Cool.
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    I prefer KeyCaps600.
    Is this a hack? I don't have a hack manager and I don't seem to launch it.
    If I remember correctly, earlier versions of keycaps were hacks. The version for the treo 600 is not (keycaps600). There are various threads here on the forums about the program that might offer more info for you.
    The link above has hack version even if it says KeyCaps600. I got the correct one here.
    http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps600.php
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast