1.    #1  
    It's been a long time since I've written any type of code, so forgive the nature of these questions. I left the T600 SDK at the office and would like to either create a utility or have one made that does two things:

1) Checks voicemail status on the Sprint T600: In other words, I would like to have an icon that displays voicemail status in ALL applications... is there a flag/API/hook for this feature? I imagine there would have to be as the built-in phone app has this ability. Please advise.

2) I would like to launch a specific application upon termination of a call...for example, I currently use TakePhone - when a call ends for any reason, is there a flag/API/Hook that can be captured to automatically return to the TakePhone app? I currently use a program called SyncBack which launches an app of my choosing upon completion of sync, is there a way to flag when a call ends similar to the old T300 when you closed/open the flip?

L
    Lee Ladisky
  2. PxT
    1) There is a function available called PhnLibBoxInformation() for checking the voicemail box status whcih can return information such as "is there a message waiting?", "how many messages are waiting?", etc. However, the documentation states that not all carriers support the voicemailbox query functions, and so far I have been unable to get it to work on my Sprint phone.

The phone sends a specific event notification when voicemail is received (which does work fine on Sprint), but I have not yet found a way to easily determine when voicemail is *not* available.

2) Any application registered for the Voice service will receive a phnEvtDisconnectInd event when a call ends.

Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by PxT
    1) There is a function available called PhnLibBoxInformation() for checking the voicemail box status whcih can return information such as "is there a message waiting?", "how many messages are waiting?", etc. However, the documentation states that not all carriers support the voicemailbox query functions, and so far I have been unable to get it to work on my Sprint phone.

The phone sends a specific event notification when voicemail is received (which does work fine on Sprint), but I have not yet found a way to easily determine when voicemail is *not* available.

2) Any application registered for the Voice service will receive a phnEvtDisconnectInd event when a call ends.

Hope that helps.
    Great info - thanks! Is there any way to turn the above items into say a "hack" or an application that can overlay the voicemail icon into the toolbar, and say automatically return to a preconfigured application (any registered app) upon termination of a voice call?

If so, how could one do this?

L
    Lee Ladisky
  4. PxT
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Great info - thanks! Is there any way to turn the above items into say a "hack" or an application that can overlay the voicemail icon into the toolbar, and say automatically return to a preconfigured application (any registered app) upon termination of a voice call?

If so, how could one do this?

L

Not sure about the voicemail icon.

As far as returning to a specific app: yes, if you register your app with the Voice service you will receive the disconnect event. At that point the app can handle it anyway you choose, including by launching another application. The SDK has documentation on how to handle these types of events.