Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I travel a lot, and would really like to wake up to music instead of tones. Does anyone know of an alarm clock that can launch P-Tunes, or play MP3s natively?

TIA!

-RB
  2.    #2  
    Bumping because I can.
    If the MP3 is small enough to download to your "ringtone folder" it can act as your alarm. You can download an MP3, place it in your ringtone folder on your T600. You then open your datebook, choose sound preferences and you can choose any ringtone "MP3" to act as your alarm and reminder. You can set it to play up to 5 times in a row and repeat "x" times every "x" minutes.

I wake to Mp3's when I travel and work overnight. Pretty cool

If your MP3 is too large to fit in your ringtone folder (cant remember max size?) you can shorten the file and then save it again.
    If the MP3 is small enough to download to your "ringtone folder"
    OOOPS!!! I am so sorry. I meant MIDI file, NOT MP3. The ringer and alarm cannot yet play MP3 but can play MIDI. (I have not slept in 36+ hours.....time to go to sleep I guess) Sorry again!!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for trying...
    Okay here are a couple solution that I found recenty!

One is to use an app like Wave Alarms that lets you use wav file as alarms from an external card...yes this does not support mp3 though...

Another cool solution is to use an app called LookAtMe which automatically starts any other application based on a schedule you enter...

You can set alarms to be repeated on any set of days. When an alarm sounds, the application associated with it is automatically launched, and the next alarm is scheduled.
    Thus, set your favorite song or whatever in Pocket Tunes and then set Pocket Tunes to play on startup. Then go and select Pocket Tunes as the program to launch in LookAtMe!!!

Hope that helps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Thus, set your favorite song or whatever in Pocket Tunes and then set Pocket Tunes to play on startup.
    How about Sonny & Cher's "I got you babe"? That would be fun to wake up to every morning, wouldn't it?
    Originally posted by scrinch

How about Sonny & Cher's "I got you babe"? That would be fun to wake up to every morning, wouldn't it?
    NO.
    gfunkmagic:

does LookAtMe work with the Treo 600?

Thanks,

NorCalAl
    Originally posted by scrinch

That dates you! Bet you also watched the Carol Burnet Show and 6 Million $ Man!
    David
    got the Groundhog Day reference.
    The reference was to Groundhog Day, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) I also remember Carol Burnet, the $6 Million Man, and Laugh-In.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks a bunch! -RB
    Has anyone gotten Lookatme to actually play an mp3? It launches Pocket Tunes but it won't start playing. Doesn't seem to work as an alarm if that's the case. Am I doing something wrong?
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Has anyone gotten Lookatme to actually play an mp3? It launches Pocket Tunes but it won't start playing. Doesn't seem to work as an alarm if that's the case. Am I doing something wrong?
    Ditto. Inquiring minds wanna know.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Go into preferences in Pocket tunes and set to autoplay on startup
    Originally posted by Cyril
    Go into preferences in Pocket tunes and set to autoplay on startup
    Duh! I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the tip.
    LookAtMe with PocketTunes set to autorun works great!

Kudos to gfunkmagic for suggesting this.

Now if only there was a way to automatically tell PocketTunes which MP3 to play...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Hey Keith,

Where can I find my 'ringtone folder' and can MP3's be downloaded to it from my SD card???

Thanks, mate.

Mark

Originally posted by keithmeyer
    If the MP3 is small enough to download to your "ringtone folder" it can act as your alarm. You can download an MP3, place it in your ringtone folder on your T600. You then open your datebook, choose sound preferences and you can choose any ringtone "MP3" to act as your alarm and reminder. You can set it to play up to 5 times in a row and repeat "x" times every "x" minutes.

I wake to Mp3's when I travel and work overnight. Pretty cool

If your MP3 is too large to fit in your ringtone folder (cant remember max size?) you can shorten the file and then save it again.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The fantastic and amazing Bob's alarm will play midi's and wave's, but am not sure if these are mp3's. Can anyone add to this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast