1.    #1  
    As some of you know, I've been using my P800 with T-Mobile for quite some time. It has been the best phone I've ever purchased. While lacking a bit on the PDA aspect, the phone and connectivity features kept me glued to it. Being able to snap a picture, upload, Ir, bluetooth, email files, browse the net, etc worked like a charm. I haven't been that big fan of "thumboards" but figured I would give the T600 shot as the P800's system of input left much to be desired. Earlier this year I was teased by a shot of the T600. Wow, cool little phone! Camera, connectivity, small form factor, palm OS...sweet! After reading the press releases, and seeing posts on people actually getting the device...the hunt was on. I live near Austin and San Antonio and called store after store after store after store. They either knew what I was talking about and informed me that it would be another 2 weeks, or they didn't have a clue. I finally called the only Sprint PCS store left...it was about 55 miles away in a fairly small town. I called and asked the lady if they had the new Treo 600 IN STOCK. Hold on she said...and I eagerly awaited the next 10 freakin mins on hold. With sweaty palms, and a nervous compsure (like Xmas morning) she came back...yea...we have one left. I begged, no pleaded to hold onto it as it would take me at least an hour to get there...sure she said...WHEW! I admit with having such a good experience with the P800 I was skeptical with changing phones, much less carriers. OH...no GPRS, no SIM cards, etc. Well after FINALLY getting the phone activated, hooked up, apps downloaded..it simply blows away the P800. I was anal about getting a phone with bluetooth...but I never really used it much with the P800. If I wanted to surf the net via GPRS on my laptop via bluetooth, I would have to carry the dongle around and hope that it would connect and/or maintain the connection. Bluetooth...it's cool to have it, but with PDA NET and PCS vision...I'am left dumbfounded! We don't have DSL or cable where I live..I actually use 128k ISDN at home! Yesterday I plugged in the T600 to my laptop, and I was getting faster speeds than my landline connection at home! The Vision/T600 combo kicked the crap out of the GPRS/P800! Of course you have much higher latency comapred to ISDN, DSL, Cable, but being able to access the net from just about anywhere at ISDN (or near) speeds is awesome! I didn't like the thumboard at first, but now I love it. Once you get the feel for the keys, commands, etc...you are more efficient at pecking with a stylus. I was also worried about the screen on the T600. Ouch...only 160x160...how could that compare to my 2210's 320x240 or the P800 with Opera for browsing? Let me tell you Blazer 3 kicks ***! I still think that Opera with their "Small Screen Rendering" tech is probably the best mobile browser out, but Blazer 3 gives it a run for it's money! I don't regret giving up the freedom of a Sim Card, GPRS, or the P800. Blazing faster internet (for mobile), tons of software, good form factor, etc. bring assurances that I did good switching. I just wanted to share some thoughts coming from a former p800 owner.

P800:
    Pros: Connectivity, Opera, Ability to have .wav ring tones, better camera than the T600, built in video/audio player, mp4 support, built in Pop3 client, bluetooth, looks, size, good speakerphone, exclusivity, great resale value, WOW factor.

Cons: Not as sturdy as the T600, lack of software compared to Palm OS, EXTREMELY slow syncs and/or file transfers, Memory Stick Duo (Can't find locally), extremely dim screen, some GUI issues, labels wear off the side, touchpad (when installed) presses on the screen, cheap stylus, 12 megs internal? No ability to edit/change office documents ie word, excel, etc. 3rd party or otherwise.

T600 (Sprint Ver)
    Pros: Good feel/build quality, EXTREMELY bright screen, SD Card Support, Blazer 3, way more software, more memory (32 vs. 12), faster net access (Using Vision), Screen off button, ability to edit office docs (3rd party), form factor/size, much better phone "app" than the P800, better stylus, thumbboard,

Cons: Sprint, small res screen, ugly antenna, battery life (CDMA), awful camera (What's up with the blue tint?), lack of software included, What!? No dock for a $400-$600 phone/pda?! Pictures look awful in viewer whether taken from another computer or built in camera. Will it age well?

The only thing that possibly could tempt me in the near future is the O2 XDA II as I actually like PPC 2k3 or the new LG-SC8000..whoa. Really enjoying the T600 though...great phone and great connectivity.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I got a T3 and a T-mobile Sony E T610 phone.
    And the bluetooth connection worked great!

But I find that when I am outside the house I use the T600 constantly and while driving, while walking, while moving, and there is no way I'd do any of that with two devices and grafitti or pecking.

So the T600 is it! It is an amazing integration machine.

Now I'm waiting for HS to be literally moved to upgrade the T600 in little steps (really my only need is 320x320).

I figure that BT or WiFi will be accomodated by cards in the very near future for those who need them.

The camera was optional anyway and won't be a primary until it shoots 2 megs or 3 megs.
    T600 beats everything including the P800, but it cannot beat Treo 300 with Xiino for web browsing. Once spoiled by Xiino, I simply cannot live with Blazer.
    Originally posted by Fixup
    T600 beats everything including the P800, but it cannot beat Treo 300 with Xiino for web browsing. Once spoiled by Xiino, I simply cannot live with Blazer.
    When it came to rendering pages, Xiino was hands down the best. Never the less, Blazer 3 is a pretty vast improvement over earlier versions. Is it perfect? Far from it. The fact that it does not rely on a proxy and will handle quite a bit of Java has made me a believer.
    Xiino does not use proxy except for image resizing and it supports java etc. The Blazer in T600 may be better than the one in T300 but still a pain to use. Slow, redraw when back to a viewed page (why?). Blazer is like the very old Mozaic while Xiino is like Netscape. 10 years ago on my Mac I tried Netscape and could never go back to Mozaic since. No wonder Netscape was so successful and commercialized Internet.

Xino is that much better than Blazer.
    I still have the combo T3 and SE 610. I waited for T600 for last few months. I am very happy with this combo and have decided not to go for T600. While driving , I use a bluetooth headset and is very convinient. I do not have to carry the phone all the time.
    T3 also has voice memo , just with the touch of a button whcih the Treo lacks. Large screen is helpful with documents to go .I do majority of my work on my powerbook therefore lack of keyboard has not caused real distress. Anyone who has tried this combo will note that the palm browser is much better than the blazer in terms of compatilbility with various sites, compared with T300( I have used for more than year). You can browse any major site on a larger high resolution screen . I will stick with this untill T900. Hopefully that has what everyone wants .
    I personally do not think T600 has anything great to offer besides a nonflip design and OS5 and the camera to some extent.
    People have accepted this model with some compromises and are trying to defend themselves.

T900
    Desired feaures:
    - Bluetooth
    -WiFi
    - Slider design and larger screen like T3.
    - High Res screen .
    - Voice memo
    - High MP camera.
    Gtreo, agree with you. The Treo 600 is a very lovely gadget but it is a compromise to Treo 300.

The SE610 is as cool as you said. I don't like the T3 though. If I'm going to keep my SE T610, I must get a much better PDA - it must have a 800x screen, otherwise Treo 300 is fine. The Samsung Nexio S160 is THE PDA, but I don't know if I can operate it without the stylus like one can do Windows without a mouse.
    Fixup,
    I think the ONLY compromises w/ the 600 over the 300 are PQAs and Xiino. Blazer 3 is MUCH better than I had expected, even close to Xiino on small sites. The 600 is in a different league from the 300.
    skfny, the Xiino is the biggest one. A painless web browser is all about a PDA+phone integration. Secondly important to it is email of course. For a $600 unit, you don't get an email program and you get some troubles to use the great and free Eudora. The keyboard is another one. I'm a tiny freak, but this tiny keyboard has gone too far. It is not a thumb keyboard, but a nail (fingernail) keyboard. With one hand, I cannot access the keys at the left or right (depending on which hand is holding it) bottom corner. T300 made no compromise and it was a comfortable unit. Handspring wanted it to be more like a phone; they acheived this goal and this thing is truely beautiful. The phone side is more important to many people, but to me web browsing and emailing are far more important and my ugly and aged T300 does my job although it does not play my music. Lack of built-in modem is another big minus to me.

Wireless web, email, modem, and keyboard are the most important functions for a Treo unit, but unfortunately I see no improvements but new troubles on these. Again, it is beautiful, but I don't trade function for beauty.
    Fixup

The samsung nexio is approximately 1300 bucks (http://www.dynamism.com/nexio/pricing.shtm).....Darn you can buy 4 T3 in that price. Also this does nothave bluetooth , unless you use a card. It is a great piece of equipment, unfortunatly , i use mac . Palm has much better compatibility with MAC than Pocket PC's. Sharp Zaurus is close with res in 600's and keyboard and almost half the price
    But truly this is where Treo design team should focus , otherwise people will start thinking about two devices than one. When T300 came out Bluetooth phones were not widely availble and the technology was also in its infancy. T300 was probably the best PDA phone available at that time , Now times have changed and T600 is not offering anything great, not even what's available on older PDA 's i.e voice memo, high res screen etc..
    I agree with you , at the end of the day functionality takes over beauty and the fact one device or two.
    skfny, the Xiino is the biggest one. A painless web browser is all about a PDA+phone integration.
    Have you tried B3? It's not THAT bad. It's even better than Xiino, in some little ways (you can access more sites). And maybe an OS 5 smartphone is what it'll take for Xiino to finally get updated.

Secondly important to it is email of course. For a $600 unit, you don't get an email program and you get some troubles to use the great and free Eudora.
    There have been some posts hinting that HS will release a ROM upgrade with the email app that is included in the emulator ROM.

The keyboard is another one. I'm a tiny freak, but this tiny keyboard has gone too far. It is not a thumb keyboard, but a nail (fingernail) keyboard. With one hand, I cannot access the keys at the left or right (depending on which hand is holding it) bottom corner.
    This varies from user to user. I'm STILL getting used to the new thumbboard. Others have said that it's no problem. When I look at the TB and type. it's much faster than when I'm looking at the screen.

Lack of built-in modem is another big minus to me.
    True, but the 300 didn't have a built-in modem either. Personally, I wouldn't use it, for fear of Sprint getting creative on my next phone bill.
    has anyone tried to use xiino on the treo 600? i have just glanced over the posts here and havent seen any reports of anyone doing this or if its even compatible with the treo 600.

it is an interesting adjunct to blazer 3 if it will work. anyone have any experience doing this?
    thanks!
    I don't think Xiino is compatible with Palm OS 5.

However, someone posted earlier about a Blazer alternative that is OS 5 compatible, called iPanel Wireless. You can download a trial at Handango by doing a search for iPanel. Or check out their own website at:

http://www.ipanel.com

I tried the browser on my 300, and while the functionality is good, the browser CRAWLS, not doubt due to the 33Mhz dragonball processor.

I am much more optimistic that the experience will be better on the new Treo, given its mighty 144Mhz processor. When I get the 600 later this week, I'll post a quick review. Meanwhile, if anyone else decides to give it a shot, let us all know how it compares to both Xiino and Blazer 3!