1.    #1  
    With everyone just downloading apps, pop3 email with attachments, cruzing the web... Is anyone concerned about getting a virus on your treo being it is always on and all your personal info on the phone? Anyone know if they make antivirus for the treo 600?
  2.    #2  
    Just found out that Symantec has a product. Anyone use this? http://www.symantec.com/sav/handhelds/
    Good question.

Is all this necessary yet, since the Palm really will only open items it knows.. not like you can just double click an .exe
    well, I imagine it would be possible to install a virus or trojan horse in a .prc file, which is what we all use to install programs on the Treo.
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    well, I imagine it would be possible to install a virus or trojan horse in a .prc file, which is what we all use to install programs on the Treo.
    I suppose... but the same for an .exe....

I mean if you get a .prc from a non reliable source, yea it could be infected possibly.

But if you buy it, same as if you purchase a program from a store or a reputable download source, then there should be no problems.

I do not think there is a way for something to just "infect" the Treo... like through attachments and scripts etc.. which would mean the virus protection isn't really needed.

Then again, I can be totally wrong.

Any other people have insight?

Mike