1.    #1  
    I used to use avantgo way back when it first came out. I liked it, and I would like to use it again. My question is, can I "synch" online instead of via synch cable?

My understanding from reading through thier site is that its a program mostly for pda's without a inet connection. I like being able to choose what I want to read about without having to goto multiple sites. Sorry but even though vision is decently fast its not fast enough for me. I hate sitting waiting for sites to load.

IF avantgo doesn't synch online, does anyone know of a program that is similar to it that does?
    Avantgo will sync online.
    "If it's new, I've got to have it."
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yep it sure does! I do it all the time.
    Avantgo is the best. Syncing online is very easy.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    I use Avantgo on Treo 600. I just use it in online mode without synching. Just click on any link on your Avantgo channels on Treo 600 and it gets the latest page just like blazer browser.

Only problem I have with Avantgo on Treo 600 is that it's web page size seems to be customized to fit on Palm screen. This causes horizontal scroll bar on the web page and you can't scroll to right without using stylus. The right most few letters can only be seen by using stylus scrolling.

If someone knows how to fix this for avantgo on Treo 600 please post the reply.

Cheers.
    I have two problems with AvantGo on the 600.

Firstly I only want to use it in offline mode and save my precious data allowance for downloading email etc. However if GPRS is on, AvantGo seems to do some sort of refresh with the server and there seems to be nothing in its preferences to stop it doing this. At the moment I'm having to remember to turn off GPRS before I start the program.

Secondly, some pages which displayed fine on my 180 now have ridiculously tiny fonts. Again I can't find a setting to make these pages readable.

Any help with either of the above appreciated.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Is there anyone willing to post the .prc program online? I am a mac user and cant get the windows install program to work.

Nevermind found it.
    Last edited by Amuka; 10/19/2003 at 02:46 AM.
    My Treo 600 appears to synch perfectly with Avantgo based on watching my PC screen boxes fill up etc. When I go to open Avantgo on my Treo 600 it comes up with the message "INSUFFICIENT MEMORY TO DISPLAY DOCUMENT" I am using the same channels that I am able to still synch on my Tre300. I thought the 600 had triple the capacity of the 300??
    Has anyone had this problem or does any one have any idea what I can do about it?? Would transferring the program to
    SM card help???
    herbdexter
    Only problem I have with Avantgo on Treo 600 is that it's web page size seems to be customized to fit on Palm screen. This causes horizontal scroll bar on the web page and you can't scroll to right without using stylus. The right most few letters can only be seen by using stylus scrolling.

If someone knows how to fix this for avantgo on Treo 600 please post the reply.

Try this: in AvantGo, click on the options menu, Preferences. Make sure Show Tables is NOT checked. This usually gets rid of the horizontal scroll.