1.    #1  
    hi!

has anyone been able to use the wap version of yahoo instant messenger on a sprint treo 600?

sprint has a link to it on the vision page that comes up in blazer, but I haven't been able to get it to work past the login. says I've reached the page in error when I try to list users or send a message.

would appreciate any info/advice.

thanks!
    rjb
    That is frustrating. I even browsed to the Yahoo Messenger page, and tried to use the web messenger, but the application won't run on the 600. If anyone else figures it out, let us know.
    Yes, I found the same thing.
    Wasn't this service shut down by Yahoo several months ago?

Christopher
    I used the service all the time with my old PCS Vision phone right up until I got the Treo 600.
    I just e-mailed Yahoo and asked them about it. I've e-mailed them before on other issues and have found them to be helpful. I will let you know what I find out.
    Jimohio - What is yahoo's email address that you sent to? I can never find the email address anywhere on there website.
    Last edited by webdev; 10/18/2003 at 09:49 AM.
    You have to look through their help section and try to look up your problem. Then when you get to the "answer", there is an option at the bottom of the page asking if this answered your question, and if not, they'll send you to a form page where you can submit your problem. I've done this a few of times and heard back within a couple of days each time. Here's the form page I used:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mo...ne%2D09%2Ehtml

Jim
    Here's the reply I got from Yahoo after asking them about the 600:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.

At this time the feature that you are requesting is no longer
    available.
    However, we may include this feature in a future release. It is
    through
    user comments and feedback that we are able to continue to make
    improvements. We always have something on the drawing board, and many
    of our best new features have been suggested directly by users like
    you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Yahoo! Customer Care

For assistance with all Yahoo! services, please visit:

http://help.yahoo.com/
    Hmm...I'm not sure if thsi will work, but has anyone tired downloading this for the Treo600? I don't know if its a PQA, doesn't look like it to me though...I wonder if it would work on the Treo600?...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmm...I'm not sure if thsi will work, but has anyone tired downloading this for the Treo600? I don't know if its a PQA, doesn't look like it to me though...I wonder if it would work on the Treo600?...
    Doesn't work. It installs fine but will not connect to the Yahoo! IM servers. I'm not sure why Yahoo! disconntinued the PalmOS verison of IM. Their replacement is the web messenger. So far I haven't been successful getting the web messenger to work either.

I've never be able to get the WAP verision working both on my 300 and 600. The link on the SprintPCS homepage (in Blazer) at one time was just for Vision enabled phones but not Smartphones. There was an thread about this when Yahoo announced the messenger for Vision phones. I haven't been able to find it though.
    Originally posted by nberggren

Doesn't work. It installs fine but will not connect to the Yahoo! IM servers. I'm not sure why Yahoo! disconntinued the PalmOS verison of IM. Their replacement is the web messenger. So far I haven't been successful getting the web messenger to work either.

I've never be able to get the WAP verision working both on my 300 and 600. The link on the SprintPCS homepage (in Blazer) at one time was just for Vision enabled phones but not Smartphones. There was an thread about this when Yahoo announced the messenger for Vision phones. I haven't been able to find it though.
    Why don't you guys just use VeriChat.
    WHile it's not free, Verichat is an effective replacement. It also does all of the other IM clients all in one program.

http://www.verichat.com/verichat/default.html
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  14.    #14  
    well... i've got nothing against verichat, but I am really annoyed that I purhased one of the most expensive phones offered by sprint pcs and then I have to pay another $20/year to use a chat feature that the cheap phones get for free... maybe I'm in a small minority?

rjb