Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    please tell what I need to play music and how do I get the files on the phone ?
  2. #2  
    You will need an app that plays MP3's...there is a link on the Treo CD to register your phone with Handspring. After you register you get a choice between a game called "Atum" and "Pocket Tunes" MP3 player. You also need a SD or MMC card to store your music on. I also suggest a SD/MMC card reader, because it takes an eternity to load MP3's via Hot Sync...up to 30 minutes per song!!!
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  3. #3  
    Do a search and you'll find all your answers. It's been discussed many times already.

    New members: Please do a search before posting a question. Most of the questions have already been asked and answered.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    because it takes an eternity to load MP3's via Hot Sync...up to 30 minutes per song!!!
    it depends on the speed of your computer . . . im @ about 2 min per song.
  5. #5  
    Really? I am using an AMD Athlon XP 2000+, with 512MB DDR RAM and I was getting those slow speeds. I figured the bottleneck was with Hot Sync. I have the Hot Sync cable plugged into a USB 1.1 hub...maybe the speeds would be better if I had plugged it in directly to one of the USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard. Oh well, the reader I bought at Best Buy for $19.95 loaded 150MB of music in 5 minutes.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  6. #6  
    I just bought a 256mb Sandisk card and it works fine. I'm just trying to figure out if I should purchase a reader for MP3 files. I read somewhere on this board that if the SD card is in the TREO, you can hotsync the songs onto the card...is this true? Or should I just go out and purchase a cheap reader?

    One last thing:

    Pocket Tunes?

    or

    MM Player?

    are there any FREE players that are decent?

    Thanks.
  7. Munir's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #7  
    Yes Freddie, you can hotsync songs directly over to an SD card sitting in the Treo, using the Palm Desktop software, like anything else you want to sync.

    However, as Chazglenn said, it is faster to use a card reader plugged into a USB port on your computer. You can just drag MP3 files to the reader's desktop icon and your files will transfer much faster than via the Hotsync cable.
  8. #8  
    Thanks for the info.

    Last night, I bought 2 Sandisk SD cards from Costco (256 mb, $59.99 ea), and a Jump Drive reader from Walmart for $20.

    I assume the Hotsync operation will automatically put content onto the SD drive if it recognizes one in the slot.

    I'll try both methods to see if the SD card in the slot works decent. If not, it's all Jump Drive from here.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by FreddieJ
    I just bought a 256mb Sandisk card and it works fine. I'm just trying to figure out if I should purchase a reader for MP3 files. I read somewhere on this board that if the SD card is in the TREO, you can hotsync the songs onto the card...is this true? Or should I just go out and purchase a cheap reader?

    One last thing:

    Pocket Tunes?

    or

    MM Player?

    are there any FREE players that are decent?

    Thanks.
    From my experience I would say definitely get the SD card reader/writer. I used palm desktop sync to load MP3's from my computer to the T600 and it took about 8 hours for 100MB!! Card writer did 200MB in about 2 minutes. Cost about $20 at circuit city
  10. Munir's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #10  
    Of course, the Palm Desktop will hotsync to the Treo, and you can specify whether an item should go to the Treo's internal RAM (i.e. installed on the Treo) or to the SD card sitting in the Treo. You can specify the destination in the "Install" window of the Palm desktop software. Note that for some files, like MP3s, the SD card is automatically selected as the destination.

    As far as I know, you cannot Hotsync to an SD card reader plugged into a USB port. You must manually drag files to the SD card (or its subfolders) while its in the card reader.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by markboy08


    From my experience I would say definitely get the SD card reader/writer. I used palm desktop sync to load MP3's from my computer to the T600 and it took about 8 hours for 100MB!! Card writer did 200MB in about 2 minutes. Cost about $20 at circuit city
    That's weird. I hotsynced 25MB of kinoma video to my SD card in less than 5 min. Didn't try mp3's, but data is data. May have something to do with your USB version (2.0 vs. 1.1). But I would definitely also recommend a card reader - a SanDisk ImageMate is only $20 at Circuit City.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!

Posting Permissions