Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey dudes!

I'd love to make Caller ID pics on my Treo ---

how can I add pics to my Treo, from my computer? Should I just dump them into the PHOTOS folder??

THANKS!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  2.    #2  
    btw - I'm on Mac OS X
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    how can I add pics to my Treo, from my computer? Should I just dump them into the PHOTOS folder??
    Yes, although to save on RAM, I'd resize them to 640x480 first.
    Regards,

Robert
    don't know how the mac is setup, but on the pc, there is a folder inside the Treo PHotos folder called "transfer". That's where you dump photos from your pc to install on your Treo on the next hotsync.
  5.    #5  
    Okay - I threw all the pics into the PHOTOS folder........ but they didn't sync into the Treo..... any other ideas?

I couldn't find a transfer folder

I have a PALM folder in my USERS directory, within my mac --- the folders are -

Backups, Conduit Settings, Files To Install, NotePad, Photos, SplashPhoto, and Voice Memo

I do have a TRANSPORTS folder, that contains various conduits, in my Palm's system folder

any ideas?

Any help is much appreciated!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    theres a much easier way to transfer photos..go to 3gwiz.com and you can upload images and they get sent right to your phone
    If you have an email program like Snapper and Quickoffice (for JPEGWATCH lite), you can email them to yourself as attachments. /
    I have a G4 Powerbook running OS 10.2, and I have an SD card installed on my T600. I just looked on my Powerbook and found a "Secure Digital SD card" folder in the "files to install" folder. I put a JPEG in it and did a hotsync. I went to the categories drop-down menu (upper right) in Pictures on the T600, selected the card, and the pic was in there.
  9.    #9  
    mostlymac ---

can you now transfer those pics from the SD card to the Treo Internal?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was able to move the picture from the SD card to the internal folder by selecting the picture on the card, then going to the menu and using the move command.
    I Transfred pix using the Infrared worked fine Also the screen is 160 x 160
    so that the best picture size
  13.    #13  
    What about this SEND TO HANDHELD application?

will that do it?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I've tried putting jpegs in my install folder but I get an "Error 4114" message in my log file. I've tried renaming, taking out spaces, etc. I have been able to email them to myself.

I'm on Mac OSX.

Also, I can't find any of my photos on my camera after a hotsyn. There is no Photos folder in my Palm User area.
    Go to http://www.splashdata.com and try Splash Photo -- it's super fast and easy, runs on OSX, converts photos into Palm readable files and installs them. It's also got a great photo manager on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I took pictures with my Pentax Optio S (3.4 MP, very tiny camera, takes great pix) and then I took the SD card out of the camera and put it on my Treo 600. Sure enough, the built-in Pictures app recognized the pics on the card and (slowly) let me browse through them. All of the options were there, even "sharing" if I wanted to email it via PictureMail. This looks like a great convergence utility -- take pics on the Pentax, and then use the Treo to email it... (since the Treo's camera is sooo... blah.)

My problem came from the "Downsize" menu choice. It took a 1.1 megabyte picture file and converted it to 3k. Very blurry and crappy quality. There was no "in between." Ideally I'd like to convert the 1.1 MB file to 400k or so, perhaps 640 x 480 quality.

Is SplashPhoto what I need? Perhaps in conjunction with SnapperMail?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fofer
    I took pictures with my Pentax Optio S (3.4 MP, very tiny camera, takes great pix) and then I took the SD card out of the camera and put it on my Treo 600. Sure enough, the built-in Pictures app recognized the pics on the card and (slowly) let me browse through them. All of the options were there, even "sharing" if I wanted to email it via PictureMail. This looks like a great convergence utility -- take pics on the Pentax, and then use the Treo to email it... (since the Treo's camera is sooo... blah.)

My problem came from the "Downsize" menu choice. It took a 1.1 megabyte picture file and converted it to 3k. Very blurry and crappy quality. There was no "in between." Ideally I'd like to convert the 1.1 MB file to 400k or so, perhaps 640 x 480 quality.

Is SplashPhoto what I need? Perhaps in conjunction with SnapperMail?
    Well I see that SplashPhoto can work with SnapperMail to email photos, but from their website doesn't look like it handles the downsampling. Seems like a no-brainer that folks would enjoy doing this from trips.... keep a hi-quality image on their card for printing in the photo album when they get home, but would like to send a medium-quality "preview" to folks in the meantime.

It seems weird that the only downsampling available takes the pic to 2k. I'd like some middle ground, maybe even an option: tiny, small, medium, large.

I just checked out jpgView and it looks like it might do the trick:
    http://www.claus-fenske.de/jpgview/PalmJPG_e.htm

I will play around with this tonight and see.
    Hi,

I had some problems synching (i.e. Hotsync would hang) and found that in the end it seemed to be due to file name. I had a file name with spaces, hyphens etc. in it.

Once I renamed it to just have a simple name (e.g. car.jpeg) it seemed to work.

I put it in the Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\<user name>\Transfer directory and hotsync'd - and now the image is on my Treo.

Paul
    Hi, i do not know if splash data and splash photo programs that came with the phone are full versions, since I already have the splash suite, which is made up of: splash shopper, (which is the best shopping program I have found), slash photo and splash data. Since I have the suite, I already had the full program.

Splash photo desktop is used to import photos.

I did get email from them saying that there is an update for splash photo that allows the use of jpeg and more, will buy it shortly. I do nto knwo ifthat upgrade is available to treo 600 users that got splash softwazre with the phone.

take care, jay
    This thread is today's best illustration of the simplicity, elegance, and superiority of the Palm OS and it's thousands of available applications.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast