Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just messing around and trying to experiment with skinning for the first time. Here is my skin I put together this evening. Let me know what you think. I may or may not try to enhance it some more. I tried to make things easier to see and make a cleaner low res skin compared to the minimal selection (none) available online.
    PablosBrainV2.pdb [72k]

<edit> Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.
    ScreenShot & Download Page

<edit> I updated the link to the screenshot... It not points to a small web page I put together where I will post my skins. I'm working on an apple iTunes like one. I should have a screenshot of that one later today.

<edit 2003-10-19> Just finished an iTunes skin. Click the Download Page Link above to get it. I've also put up the source bmp and xml files for download.
    Last edited by pablosbrain; 10/19/2003 at 10:48 PM.
    Nice job. Beats the heck out of the plain black & white.

Wish someone would make the Windows Media Player sjip at www.pocket-tunes.com work with the Treo 600.

Larry
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Excellent!
    Much, much better than the boring b/w one and the fuzzy grey one!!
    Everyone should download this.
    thanks! the controls are much nicer as well!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I would love an iTunes low res skin! They have the files on PocketTunes but don't work in low res.

Thanks.
    Thanks, Pablo! I really like the skin you made. Keep up the good work!!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    nice!!! great job, could you make a few more...id love to be able to choose...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    nice job. . . keep em coming for those of us who don't have the skills or tools to make these!
    Originally posted by pablosbrain
    Just messing around and trying to experiment with skinning for the first time. Here is my skin I put together this evening. Let me know what you think. I may or may not try to enhance it some more. I tried to make things easier to see and make a cleaner low res skin compared to the minimal selection (none) available online.
    PablosBrainV2.pdb [72k]

<edit> Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.
    ScreenShot
    Could you give a sample of the colormap file? The documentation isn't really clear on the expected format.
    Nice work, PablosBrain. If you're willing to post the source files, I bet others would be more than willing to create variations on your theme.
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/ptsc.html

I suspect all of the skins there now are for 320x320 but we can change that.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/ptsc.html

I suspect all of the skins there now are for 320x320 but we can change that.
    Ya - ALL the good skins are hi rez! There's only one so far that I've found that isn't! Same w/Aeroplayer!

Us T600 users desperately need a 320x320 to 160x160 skin converter app for these apps.

I wish I knew how to program!!!!
    Very nice, looks so much better and easier to see than the one I was using.

Nathan
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Nice job Pablo. Thanks for taking the time to make the skin. I like the fact that it's clean and sharp looking.

I would love the same skin but in a different color scheme, like shades of grey or blue. Perhaps you could use the same layout but apply several color schemes to produce a series based on the same overall design.

This is not a demand or request, just sharing my feedback.
    Hey Pablo!

YOU DA MAN!

This skin rocks. The original one that came with Pocket Tunes was so fuzzy I thought it was time for new contact lenses!!!! You made me feel young again!!

Rock on Pablo my man, Rock On!
    Thanks a ton Pablo it's a great improvement! Keep up the great work
  17.    #17  
    I honestly didn't think it would get this much response. If I have time in the next couple days I'll try to do a couple more variations as well as another one or two different designs. We'll see if I have time or not. Thank you for all the response!

Mol: As for the colormap stuff... I sorta just avoided it. All the BMP files I created were 24bit images. I didn't index the colors at all and didn't change anything from the default example xml file refering to the colormaps. Unfortunately the only example of a skin they have for download is for version 1 of pocket tunes... don't know if there is other functionality I could be exploiting.
    Originally posted by pablosbrain

Mol: As for the colormap stuff... I sorta just avoided it. All the BMP files I created were 24bit images. I didn't index the colors at all and didn't change anything from the default example xml file refering to the colormaps. Unfortunately the only example of a skin they have for download is for version 1 of pocket tunes... don't know if there is other functionality I could be exploiting.
    I thought I had to set the color depth to 8 for lowres. For that value the ptsc returns an error message that you have to define a colormap. Even tried with an empty colormap file but the ptsc keeps returning errors without any detail.

I'll try it with color depth 16. Will send a message to pocket-tunes support if they can post more details for lowres or even better post the resource for the default skin in lowres.
    For those who want to start making skins themselves: you should leave the settings for ColorDepth to 16, but set the Density to Low. With those settings I was able to produce a working version of the provided DefaultSkin.

Will post a new skin hopefully later today.
    Thanks for the skin, Pablo -- s'excellent!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast