1.    #1  
    Here's a quick way to hear Audible.com files. Install Replay Radio (replay-radio.com) which will convert sound from the sound card into mp3. Open your Audible manager and play your book in a window. Open the Replay Radio window and select quick play. You can set the timer for how long your book is. The mp3 file will be created. Then transfer to your SD card. Sweet!

You can demo the Replay Radio software, but you'll have to buy it to record for more than 5 minutes, but it's a great solution.
    please explain how do you transfer audible files to the mp3s in more detail.

Can one feasibly transfer 9 hours of an audible file this way to the treo via mp3?
    Even better, try Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com . It has an option to accelerate the recording, decreasing the conversion time to minutes instead of hours.

Here's instructions that I posted on smartphonesource.com

http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin23/vbu...&threadid=4918
    Is there an advantage to using these methods instead of using audible.com's "audible player" for the Palm?

http://handspring.com/software/multimedia.jhtml
    hi, when using http://www.highcriteria.com/ isn't that the same thing as recording with creative's software and sound card and my input jack on my computer? take care, jay

ps as far as the posting just above, handspint seems only to be supported visor modules only, at least so far. I download audio books as mp3s, it's free as audible can really add up.......Jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    hi, when using http://www.highcriteria.com/ isn't that the same thing as recording with creative's software and sound card and my input jack on my computer? take care, jay

ps as far as the posting just above, handspint seems only to be supported visor modules only, at least so far. I download audio books as mp3s, it's free as audible can really add up.......Jay
    I'm not quite sure what you mean? The reason I posted the above link was so that you could see that audible.com looks like they support the treo600. It certainly supports the the Tungsten C, Tungsten T, and Zire 71, as audible has them listed on their site as supported devices.

I haven't used audible.com's audible software on a treo600 yet so I definetely could be wrong.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    please explain how do you transfer audible files to the mp3s in more detail.

Can one feasibly transfer 9 hours of an audible file this way to the treo via mp3?
    I just tried Total Recorder and it is a better software for converting Audible.com files to mp3. I was able to convert a 75 minute file in less than 10 minutes. I purchased the standard version of Total Recorder for $11.

To do this all, first you'll need to install Total Recorder and register it. Don't try it in the demo mode unless you want your computer locking up when you try to convert when it hits the 45 second demo limit. No problems in the registered version.

Start Total Recorder and ensure software recording is on (bypasses your soundcard). Press the record button.

Startup Audible Manager and play your selected book. In your options, make sure you choose Real1 as your player. It doesn't work in the fast recording mode in Windows Media Player.

When it's done, save your file and transfer to your SD card. I use a USB card reader and it took me about 5 seconds to transfer an 8 mb file onto the card.

Play the file in Pocket Tunes Deluxe and make sure to use lots of bookmarks!

No, the Audible.com software for Palm does not work on the Treo 600. This is the best option available that I have found. There is no direct digital conversion software from .AA format to MP3, but this is the next best thing. It converts from .AA format to analog to MP3, but without the user having to do a lot of work like some solutions offered suggesting cutting the file into 3 minute segments. It only takes a few clicks to get it done.
    Any suggestions on how to get Audible Books from a MAC to the TREO600?

-EWR