1.    #1  
    Has anyone here had success in createing a voice ringtone like other Sprint phones are capeable of playing. I know that other Sprint phones use a .qcp file, and I had a Kyocera 7135 through Verizon and it converted mp3s to a .pdb file. Will the Treo 600 play anything other than a .mid file????

Along with the midi files, when I used to have a Motorola T720 through Verizon, I found this program that would convert .wav files to .mff files. The .mff files could then be renamed .mid files, and when uploaded to the T720, it would play the file a voice ringtone. Would that work with the Treo, or am I just reaching.
    I guess we have to bug those ringtone programmers to make an app that does this, along with mp3 ringtone support (and more than 50 picture caller IDs while they are at it)
    I asked PDAAPPS to make a Treo600Picture ID to assign pictures from the built in native photo area to ALL contacts not ust the favorites... I hope they work on it.

Mike
    Originally posted by happytreoowner
    Has anyone here had success in createing a voice ringtone like other Sprint phones are capeable of playing. I know that other Sprint phones use a .qcp file, and I had a Kyocera 7135 through Verizon and it converted mp3s to a .pdb file. Will the Treo 600 play anything other than a .mid file????
    I'm having .qcp withdrawals right now. My old phone was a sanyo 8100 that used .qcp files. I'm already bored with midi's. I like some that I've downloaded but it'd be nice to have the option to use .qcp or .mp3 files. I had converted about 20 or so alarms/ringers to .qcp that I had on 3gupload's personal locker.

Anyway, I hope someone or Handspring/Palm get on the ball and add that (please HS/Palm-if you're listening).
    -later
    (sorry admins- i cross-posted)
    I'd suggest filling this feedback page to handspring. I just found it and realized we should all do this if we want something changed.

http://www.handspring.com/feedback/f..._product.jhtml

If you want something similar to an .mp3 or .qcp ringer phone, just suggest it to them.