View Poll Results: Your speakerphone is...

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect. It doesn't distort at any volume level.

5 19.23%
  • Almost perfect. It only distorts at high volume levels..

11 42.31%
  • Average. Distorts at some mid and higher volume levels.

7 26.92%
  • Marginal. Distorts at mid volume levels and up.

2 7.69%
  • Terrible. Distorts pretty much at any volume level.

1 3.85%
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I've read through most of the posts regarding the speaker issues here and I thought I'd poll everyone about their speaker on their speakerphones. On my speakerphone, it seems to be overdriven easily which is making me wonder if it's bad or just me. I particularly notice it when I'm checking voicemail and using the speakerphone. It's like the system attendant is so loud it overloads the speaker and causes it to distort some even when the volume is at half or so. So, how's your speaker on your Treo 600?
    My back speaker used for mp3s and speakerphone is perfect, but the standard smaller front speaker distorts a bit during calls at higher than mid levels. Is that normal? I have a UK Orange GSM Treo 600, Hardware version A.
    Personally, I think the speakerphone is one of the high points of this phone. I didn't expect it at all, since people had hardly mentioned it, so it was quite a pleasant surprise. I guess it offsets the vibrating ringer, which I don't think is as bad as people say, but could be better.
    you can play mp3's over the speaker??? please tell me how!

I'm pretty happy overall with the speaker --- any distortion I hear is caused by the cell service I'm calling, not the speaker
    BLUETOOTH!!!!